AMS 2 | Update Delayed Until August 11th - New Silverstone Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have confirmed the upcoming new AMS 2 update has been pushed back a few days to August 11th, as work continues on bringing modern and historic layouts of Silverstone to the simulation.
  • Updated delayed to 11/08/2020.
  • Silverstone modern and various historic versions to be added as DLC.
Originally scheduled to drop on August 7th, the latest DLC release and major big build update for Automobilista 2 has been pushed back by developers Reiza Studios, as they continue to refine and fine tune the new content coming to the simulation.

Of course we don't yet know exactly what the latest build update will include in terms of fixes and feature enhancements, and we are expecting more than just the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit and historic configurations, so obviously the delay will be felt by the sim racing community who have an interest in Automobilista 2. That said, the Brazilian development team are always keen to ensure their content releases match up to the standards expected of the current playerbase, and as such it is pleasing to see the studio are will to push back release by a few short days in order to ensure everything is to their satisfaction before releasing the new build and DLC.

Want something to do while you wait? How about watching this nice little video of the 1991 Grand Prix venue in action;

AMS 2 silverstone 3.jpg
AMS 2 silverstone 2.jpg

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 silverstone 1.jpg

You ask for it to be changed for another brand.....but if Reiza can't get/afford the rights to "Fosters", what makes you think they could afford another brand. And what brand, a different alcohol brand "Carlsberg"?? But then they never sponsored that part of Silverstone so IMO that would be worse.

We all know it's a subtle change just to not fall foul of IP infringement. Better "Fasters" than some other brand name (real or not) that has nothing in common with the way "Fosters" looks and is coloured.
Jesus Christ, can you not understand how a faux logo removes the realism? I seriously give up at this point. I am astonished at the sheer level of ignorance and competence by posters here. That they can't understand my question is beyond belief to me.

This forum used to be really good. People who liked sim racing, mainly, If you wanted to stir trouble, this was usually not on the list. Now it is.

The standard of intelligence in here has dropped so dramatically. Where do these people come from?
I despair for the next generation, devoid of intelligence and common sense.
I know what you mean.

Jesus Christ, can you not understand how a faux logo removes the realism? I seriously give up at this point. I am astonished at the sheer level of ignorance and competence by posters here. That they can't understand my question is beyond belief to me.
I am astonished at the level of immaturity of someone who can’t recognize the difference between their own personal opinion on a subjective subject matter and an objective flaw.

My god your reply got four thanks. The standard of intelligence in here has dropped so dramatically. Where do these people come from?
I despair for the next generation, devoid of intelligence and common sense.
Maybe a bit more detail about your intentions would've made your message a bit more clear.^^
I despair for the recent generation of spoiled simracers complaining about a sponsoring banner.
Kindergarten.

always waiting is the biggest fault of the people standing at the empty servers gate.
Nobody wants to be the first to attend.
Instead of waiting for a populated server, start one and it could be populated by the crowd.
Or catch one of the unpopulated ds's, be the first on it and select car and track.
Most empty ds's are free to use.

already did that but just one time the one player that ram me stay for the 1hr race the others 7 quit under 15 min, at the end was a fun race

already did that but just one time the one player that ram me stay for the 1hr race the others 7 quit under 15 min, at the end was a fun race
same situation on most all public servers.
fits to AC,ACC,pCARS1/2 etc.
Its a hard life :p , but if nobody starts to move his ass, and everybody is just waiting and complaining, there will never be a progress.
Start your own ds, take the time to be just admin by staying in the pit from time to time. Warn rammers and idiots and if they don't react, kick and add them to the black list.
A growing community would thank you :thumbsup:

They have Goodyear. I think using a faux logo looks worse than using a different, valid logo. So no, I don't agree that "better Fasters". Realism is the most important thing, just use more Goodyear logos. Nothing suspends realism more than a faux logo. Jesus, this isn't some crazy outlandish thinking, don't use a faux logo, it looks ****. Oh God I didn't think I would have to explain this and take a load of abuse. What the hell happened to this forum?

Read it somewhere, probably also in this thread that I think make sense: Beer company sponsor will rate this game 18+ so even if Reiza can afford to get the license, they won't do it

The recent addition of "official" cars to Assetto Corsa is very unusual. It would be nice if manufacturers paid racing sims to place their cars in a game but that is merely a pipe dream.

I wonder how many simracers have become fans of certain marques and racing series because they got to know them through simracing? It's certainly good publicity. I became a fan of Porsche, IMSA, Brazilian motorsport, Group 5 and endurance racing through AC, AMS1, Raceroom, etc..

Reiza's solution to realistic advertising banners at Silverstone is clever and deserves praise.

Would it really cost Reiza money to use Foster's, or any brand, in their game?
What company in their right minds would turn down free advertising?
If only things were this simple.

Yes, it would likely cost a lot of money to use a real brand in the game. Also, brands tend to be very specific about how and when you can use their branding, even if you do have permission to use it. So there might for example be conditions like "you can use our brand only if brand X is not depicted in your game". And many other things like that.

I mean on sites like YouTube, you will likely get copyright claimed if you use a footage from an advert or from a movie trailer, a literal advertisement material. Because they're still copyrighted, you can't just use them however you like and say "it's free advertising!".

Big money is involved when it comes to brands.

@ohyeah2389 I think it would be better if you and Reiza discussed the list. Doubtless, I would miss things or give incorrect information. :)

I've left several detailed reports in the beta forums explaining in detail the AI performance, pit strategies, AI tire performance/wear vs players, graphical issues, UI issues, and notes on how to reproduce all of those. I haven't had a single response from Reiza on any of the posts.

There are plenty of people providing detailed feedback on issues they have found. Providing that information does not guarantee Reiza will converse with you on said issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back