AMS 2 | Update Delayed Until August 11th - New Silverstone Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have confirmed the upcoming new AMS 2 update has been pushed back a few days to August 11th, as work continues on bringing modern and historic layouts of Silverstone to the simulation.
  • Updated delayed to 11/08/2020.
  • Silverstone modern and various historic versions to be added as DLC.
Originally scheduled to drop on August 7th, the latest DLC release and major big build update for Automobilista 2 has been pushed back by developers Reiza Studios, as they continue to refine and fine tune the new content coming to the simulation.

Of course we don't yet know exactly what the latest build update will include in terms of fixes and feature enhancements, and we are expecting more than just the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit and historic configurations, so obviously the delay will be felt by the sim racing community who have an interest in Automobilista 2. That said, the Brazilian development team are always keen to ensure their content releases match up to the standards expected of the current playerbase, and as such it is pleasing to see the studio are will to push back release by a few short days in order to ensure everything is to their satisfaction before releasing the new build and DLC.

Want something to do while you wait? How about watching this nice little video of the 1991 Grand Prix venue in action;

AMS 2 silverstone 3.jpg
AMS 2 silverstone 2.jpg

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 silverstone 1.jpg

I've left several detailed reports in the beta forums explaining in detail the AI performance, pit strategies, AI tire performance/wear vs players, graphical issues, UI issues, and notes on how to reproduce all of those. I haven't had a single response from Reiza on any of the posts.

There are plenty of people providing detailed feedback on issues they have found. Providing that information does not guarantee Reiza will converse with you on said issues.
This is my experience exactly. In fact, I can't find a single issue that I reported individually (before I made that list) that has actually been fixed.

I know Reiza can do good stuff, but it would be hard to convince someone of that based on AMS2 alone yet.

Hopefully they slow down a bit just chucking out content and go back and fix some of the more serious base issues the game has. Otherwise they risk tarnishing their reputation. Me and I'd say about 80% of the league I race in have just stopped running AMS2. It's a glitch fest, but they only seem to be hell bent on releasing more and more content and spreading themselves thinner and thinner. It's been a funny old time and how this title is turning out. The beta on AMS1 felt like a much more sensible slow burn process.
I guess they are rushing due to financial reasons, I can't imagine other cause. Anyway bear in mind today's standards are much much lower than 10 or more years ago. For example AC needed 3 years to have a minimally acceptable AI, and even ACC official v1.0 was almost unplayable.

Those 30 odd people playing AMS2 are gonna be slightly annoyed
Those /us 30 odd players are the only ones truly living the sim racing dream :)
AMM2 is really amazing!

Racing the v10, clipped an Ai mid corner , damaged front wing and instantly has more push through the corner and ffb went that bit lighter! Felt amazing. Damaged registered as 22 in SimHub.

IF your not driving AMS2 are your really sim racing?

I guess they are rushing due to financial reasons, I can't imagine other cause. Anyway bear in mind today's standards are much much lower than 10 or more years ago. For example AC needed 3 years to have a minimally acceptable AI, and even ACC official v1.0 was almost unplayable.
And still no AI tyre model as such. I've recently been a convert to AC and I'm a bit bewildered that people defend it to the hilt when it's got such HUGE components such as that missing. That if you pit, the AI automatically get new rubber too. Also, their lap times not changing throughout a race. Game development and game release today has seriously slipped from what it was. Reiza though are definitely one of the better devs. They produced an absolute gem with AMS1.

This is my experience exactly. In fact, I can't find a single issue that I reported individually (before I made that list) that has actually been fixed.

I know Reiza can do good stuff, but it would be hard to convince someone of that based on AMS2 alone yet.
it seems you are pissed, as they don't react fast enough .
Oh my good, they didn't send you a laurel crown. Bad, bad Reiza boys.
Software development is not a process by call. I'm sure all your findings are on their list too and it will be handled when its in the queue. They fixed so many things since release, i think 2 or 3 i found, but i also think they have currently more and more problems to hack the SMS original code to get some things running as should be. Be patient, they'll fix it sooner or later.

Its so poor to constantly bad mouth on somthing you seem not to be interested anymore.
Ignore it and live your life and leave us fanboys live our dreams.
The world could be so nice, if not constantly some blue meanies stomp arround and make noise.

Jesus Christ, can you not understand how a faux logo removes the realism? I seriously give up at this point. I am astonished at the sheer level of ignorance and competence by posters here. That they can't understand my question is beyond belief to me.

Can you not understand that using a logo that NEVER appeared at that point on the real track is even less realism?

How about we use Anusol or Vagisil? Would that work for you being REAL brands? sheesh, irony of someone talking about ignorance and competence.

Last edited:
Would it really cost Reiza money to use Foster's, or any brand, in their game?
What company in their right minds would turn down free advertising?

I've always wondered this regarding sims, the same companies who throw millions at a car or a bike to "advertise" their product then turn around and "charge" sim companies for what is in effect IDENTICAL advertising.

But as Martin says it's complicated, mainly becuase you have the fact that 3rd parties (devs and publishers) could be making money from those same brands by selling the game as being more "authentic".

Jumped in this thread half way .....am confused...are people having arguments/discussion about brands and billboards???....

Anyway.. I fear for AMS 2, it feels like it's going down the route of Rfactor 2 .. great ffb and physics with dead online.
I go online ,I plan to race an end up quitting AMS 2 as there's very few online.

Dlc won't help this, I really hope they have plans for online racing and soon before the hype dies.
I've paid for this game in full and feels great but also very incomplete, dlc is a source of revenue I hope it's not the focus.

Last edited:
@DC WOLF You can whiteknight and fanboy all you want, but the facts are out there. Block earned.

I didn't even express an opinion! How did you get "I hate Reiza" out of a bug report list? Where did you see that I expected anything for this? My only opinion here is that people put up with so much bad design and bugs in sims today, first Xplane 11, then ACC, then MSFS, now this... I experienced none of this negativity on the Reiza forums, maybe because people there want to improve the game as I do instead of being in denial about how broken it is.

I genuinely cannot figure out how there are so many of you guys in the sim market that cannot handle people trying to help with development of a sim. If I was really trying to put Reiza down and not help them and other people along then why would I bother putting together this list? I'd just say "Reiza sucks LOL cant make a game for crap SMS sucks for making this engine LOL couldnt even make a good arcade game the cowards split off from Simbin because they were afraid of making true sims" but I don't think that, and if I did, I certantly wouldn't say that without evidence.

It can't just be trolling. It can't. This sort of thing is natural to the sim community. They latch on to whatever is new and then completely ignore any negative parts, denying that they even exist, and defend the new sim to no end simply because "it looks so good" or "it has so much potential" and so on and so forth.

AMS1 was one of my favorite sims. AMS2 is great in theory, but just like ACC and (hopefully not but it looks like it might be) MSFS, it arrived undercooked. And to clear up any other points of discussion, yes, I know that art resources cannot be redirected to coding and bugfixing, and I don't really care about the Foster's sign at Bridge having a fake logo, if they can't get the licensing that's OK. Just sucks that unlike older sims, we can't go in and fix it ourselves as a community.

Also, I know that release dates and not meeting them are not the dev's fault, it's the publishers or other people's, dev houses (asides from super independent ones like Studio397 or Laminar) can't just say "it'll be done when it's done", they have to stick to a predetermined release date: in the case of ACC, it was either 505 or the SRO that set the date, and this line from this very dev update suggests that in the case of AMS2, SMS set the date: "From the moment we got our hands on this engine in October 2018 until release day in June 2020 there was just 20 months do do everything".

Let me restate this just in case you didn't get the message: I am NOT mad at Reiza for not fixing these bugs. I am NOT mad at Kunos for their weird UI/UX design and odd Porsche 6th gear sounds. I am NOT mad at Asobo for the overengineered camera controls and weird AI tree placement and, again, odd UI/UX design.

Where did I say any of that? Because I don't remember. All of this supposed hate that I have for Reiza and me wanting a trophy or something for my work YOU generated and assumed in your own mind. You can make an A of yourself all you want, but if you try to make an A of me...

Last edited:
Just to remind some of you folks:

Terms of Service:

General rules
  • Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.
Just saying.... ;)
Thank you. Was wondering when the mods were going to step in.

I only don't understand why the Dunlop Tower (real life) in Hockenheim 1977(AMS) is with the Pirelli brand (my perfil photo), but they put Dunlop brand on the Silverstone track.

Maybe they got the Dunlop license after did Hockenheim???

This is a really minor detail i know that, and involve commercial agreements, but I like when is very accurate in the minor details
although the quality of AMS2 circuits is unquestionable

Last edited:
Silverstone and historic variants are glorious and a blast. I'm not that much into F1, but I really enjoyed the time I spent there with the new V10 Gen 1 although I'm rather slow and really need to practice to get faster's. Look forward to AI improvements and a new penalty system too !
Fantastic video showcasing the 1991 version of the track (not my video) with insights about that era:

Instead of fighting each other with futile sim wars and more, with should consider the luck we have such content is being made at all, which many take for granted but is not at all.

Last edited:
@DC WOLF That is unduly harsh. @ohyeah2389 expressed his opinion in this thread in a reasonable manner without histrionics. At the moment, AMS2 is buggy and lacks polish in multiplayer, although anyone who has followed the sim's development knows that Reiza is working very hard to iron out the kinks.
Even if his response was a bit harsh I think he is right. Looking at some comments in different forums it seems that alot of people have the impression that they are ignored if the devs don't answer to bug reports. Tbh, I rather have the teams working on the products than spending too much time responding in forums, wich can take alot from the the actual manpower. In addition to that alot of people feel treated unfairly if "their" most important issue isn't solved in an instance. I think with the devs getting more and more into contact with their customers, development getting more and more transparent and an ever growing sim racing market it's very hard to find the right balance of doing your own thing and creating your vision of a product and pleasing the crowd. All I can say is that we are very spoilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%