AMS 2 | Update Delayed Until August 11th - New Silverstone Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have confirmed the upcoming new AMS 2 update has been pushed back a few days to August 11th, as work continues on bringing modern and historic layouts of Silverstone to the simulation.
  • Updated delayed to 11/08/2020.
  • Silverstone modern and various historic versions to be added as DLC.
Originally scheduled to drop on August 7th, the latest DLC release and major big build update for Automobilista 2 has been pushed back by developers Reiza Studios, as they continue to refine and fine tune the new content coming to the simulation.

Of course we don't yet know exactly what the latest build update will include in terms of fixes and feature enhancements, and we are expecting more than just the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit and historic configurations, so obviously the delay will be felt by the sim racing community who have an interest in Automobilista 2. That said, the Brazilian development team are always keen to ensure their content releases match up to the standards expected of the current playerbase, and as such it is pleasing to see the studio are will to push back release by a few short days in order to ensure everything is to their satisfaction before releasing the new build and DLC.

Want something to do while you wait? How about watching this nice little video of the 1991 Grand Prix venue in action;

AMS 2 silverstone 3.jpg
AMS 2 silverstone 2.jpg

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 silverstone 1.jpg

@Renato Simioni wrote many, many times, on RD and on Reiza forum, that they are in it for the long term and they fully realize that a lot needs to be done and addressed.
Based on what was achieved with AMS1, it is reasonable to assume that AMS2 will improve in the future.
Praising the game as if it was already a master piece or listing all the issues that Reiza needs to address is equally ineffective.
Let's all be patient, enjoy what we can in AMS2 at the present state or wait for it to reach the next level.
In any case we are indeed fortunate Reiza is working on this new title for all of us and we should all wish them the best of luck for our own sake.

I wonder if they would consider using a bug tracking system for external use. It's a bit messy having big long posts in their forums with lots of unrelated bugs / issues (plus the beta forums with similar). I'm sure they wouldn't want to open up their internal one, but something ...

Even if his response was a bit harsh I think he is right. Looking at some comments in different forums it seems that alot of people have the impression that they are ignored if the devs don't answer to bug reports. Tbh, I rather have the teams working on the products than spending too much time responding in forums, wich can take alot from the the actual manpower. In addition to that alot of people feel treated unfairly if "their" most important issue isn't solved in an instance. I think with the devs getting more and more into contact with their customers, development getting more and more transparent and an ever growing sim racing market it's very hard to find the right balance of doing your own thing and creating your vision of a product and pleasing the crowd. All I can say is that we are very spoilt.

It is possible to disagree on a subject without insulting each other. My objection was to a needlessly aggressive response that is all too typical of RD and other simracing forums.

I too would rather see developers work on their products than spend too much time responding to user queries. Reiza seems to strike a nice balance in this regard, yet someone has to miss out and it seems that, unfortunately for him, @ohyeah2389 has drawn the short straw.

I'll stop posting now or I will become part of the problem. :)

(Silverstone 1975 should be a treat. I'm curious as to how many alternative configurations, like the National Circuit, that Reiza will squeeze into the DLC.)

Read it somewhere, probably also in this thread that I think make sense: Beer company sponsor will rate this game 18+ so even if Reiza can afford to get the license, they won't do it

I thought these companies paid to be in games. I thought maybe they used Fasters as Fosters did not want to pay for the add space.

And still no AI tyre model as such. I've recently been a convert to AC and I'm a bit bewildered that people defend it to the hilt when it's got such HUGE components such as that missing. That if you pit, the AI automatically get new rubber too. Also, their lap times not changing throughout a race. Game development and game release today has seriously slipped from what it was. Reiza though are definitely one of the better devs. They produced an absolute gem with AMS1.
I know, it's pretty obvious that currently AMS 2 is just a bad version of AMS 1, almost the same content plus a pile of bugs. But negative reviews does not help, they doesn't change anything, we should assume this is a very very slow development, so let's wait and see.

Looking forward to this track

Is this DLC just a single track with historic variations for $10, or are there cars and other DLC that will be included? Some people, not me, complained about the cost of ACC GT4, and that included 11 cars, over 50 new liveries, GT4 season for the Championship Mode, changes to online to accommodate the new car class...and that was $20.

The recent addition of "official" cars to Assetto Corsa is very unusual. It would be nice if manufacturers paid racing sims to place their cars in a game but that is merely a pipe dream.

I wonder how many simracers have become fans of certain marques and racing series because they got to know them through simracing? It's certainly good publicity. I became a fan of Porsche, IMSA, Brazilian motorsport, Group 5 and endurance racing through AC, AMS1, Raceroom, etc..

Reiza's solution to realistic advertising banners at Silverstone is clever and deserves praise.

I bought a new 1998 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5 after spending hours in the Gran Turismo 1 WRX. Rally Blue with gold rims.

I know, it's pretty obvious that currently AMS 2 is just a bad version of AMS 1, almost the same content plus a pile of bugs. But negative reviews does not help, they doesn't change anything, we should assume this is a very very slow development, so let's wait and see.
I've stopped partaking in the beta now. You mention something that's wrong and you get obliterated by fan boys. I used to be one, now it's just a pointless exercise in futility highlighting stuff that's wrong. You get drowned out.

So not trying to be negative, but I think I'm rather over it now with the new crowd that moved in for 2, there seems to be a different attitude this time around since AMS1 development. I stand by what I say, develop what you've got (Reiza) with the beta team, then release once that's FULLY developed for mainstream consumption. Maybe this delay with Silverstone is a nod to that? Who knows.

I sure do. But I'm not going to name them all here.
No i meant in general, without names, of course. There are of course people, not accepting flaws/talking around them, but this isn't important for the development team, if something has been reported, that leads to a find of an issue. It's not like things are not being adressed. Sometimes it's just not happening right now when things need time. No answer by the devs also doesn't mean, they're not reading the stuff.

Yep but there are some cars coming for free as usual. In fact, the Silverstone DLC will be the first paid DLC for a lot of people who have had the game a while.

How much free content have Kunos released in ACC so far?

Zandvoort, 5 or 6 Evo versions of cars, a McLaren that didn’t even feature in the real series, the entire grid of 2019 liveries and a large number of 2020 liveries.

Both games look like they will be excellent value and i say that as someone who's just bought AMS2 full price and will happily fork out more for DLC if the single player experience.

Anyway, more importantly...

Hype!

I thought these companies paid to be in games. I thought maybe they used Fasters as Fosters did not want to pay for the add space.

Are they definitely allowed to include alcohol sponsorship in a game?

Is this DLC just a single track with historic variations for $10, or are there cars and other DLC that will be included? Some people, not me, complained about the cost of ACC GT4, and that included 11 cars, over 50 new liveries, GT4 season for the Championship Mode, changes to online to accommodate the new car class...and that was $20.
I think it is misleading to think of these tracks with modern and various historic tracks as " just a single track", it is not a track with various layouts, that is just cut and pasted a part of the track and join up the bits. The historic variations, have all new track side furniture, stands, the lot.

Reiza siad: " Production of the Silverstone and Spa packs for example include modelling of versions of those tracks so distinct they are akin to producing several completely unique tracks for the price of one - if you consider licensing for these tracks often include additional fees for historical versions, they are really sweet deals by any measure "
I can't disagree with this.

Last edited:
Zandvoort, 5 or 6 Evo versions of cars, a McLaren that didn’t even feature in the real series, the entire grid of 2019 liveries and a large number of 2020 liveries.

Both games look like they will be excellent value and i say that as someone who's just bought AMS2 full price and will happily fork out more for DLC if the single player experience.

Anyway, more importantly...

Hype!

Are they definitely allowed to include alcohol sponsorship in a game?
Good point. It may be like Cigarette commercials here in the US. They are band, but beer commercials are fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back