AMS 2 | Update Delayed Until August 11th - New Silverstone Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have confirmed the upcoming new AMS 2 update has been pushed back a few days to August 11th, as work continues on bringing modern and historic layouts of Silverstone to the simulation.
  • Updated delayed to 11/08/2020.
  • Silverstone modern and various historic versions to be added as DLC.
Originally scheduled to drop on August 7th, the latest DLC release and major big build update for Automobilista 2 has been pushed back by developers Reiza Studios, as they continue to refine and fine tune the new content coming to the simulation.

Of course we don't yet know exactly what the latest build update will include in terms of fixes and feature enhancements, and we are expecting more than just the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit and historic configurations, so obviously the delay will be felt by the sim racing community who have an interest in Automobilista 2. That said, the Brazilian development team are always keen to ensure their content releases match up to the standards expected of the current playerbase, and as such it is pleasing to see the studio are will to push back release by a few short days in order to ensure everything is to their satisfaction before releasing the new build and DLC.

Want something to do while you wait? How about watching this nice little video of the 1991 Grand Prix venue in action;

AMS 2 silverstone 3.jpg
AMS 2 silverstone 2.jpg

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 silverstone 1.jpg

Yep but there are some cars coming for free as usual. In fact, the Silverstone DLC will be the first paid DLC for a lot of people who have had the game a while.

How much free content have Kunos released in ACC so far?
As previosly pointed out, ACC has added quite a number of "free" vehicles. It could be argued that you get historic tracks as well as different layouts. What concerns me is the disparity in pricing of DLC on AMS2 to prices in AMS1. Pricing is much the same as rF2, and that in itself is alarming.

I see you here and I am waiting for a "AMS2 VR share your settings" kind of topic. :whistling:

Won't lie, the file you shared made me choose ACC to play today. :p

Sorry for OT.

I think ACC VR implementation flat out sucks which means I don't play it.. But I am very open to improving it so if such a VR settings beast exists for ACC that is genuinely straight forward and gives a nice balance between looks and frame rate, I am keen to get a copy..

Care to share?

Sorry for OT.

I think ACC VR implementation flat out sucks which means I don't play it.. But I am very open to improving it so if such a VR settings beast exists for ACC that is genuinely straight forward and gives a nice balance between looks and frame rate, I am keen to get a copy..

Care to share?

Sure! Just go to the link below and grab the @Andrew_WOT files. I bought ACC in day one and just started to play one or two weeks ago because of the files Andrew's shared. Hope it help you:

Good point. It may be like Cigarette commercials here in the US. They are band, but beer commercials are fine though.
Actually that makes sense. There are some cars in ACC that have certain sponsorships left off of their liveries because the sponsors were alcohol companies. They explained that in their forum, maybe that's a part of what's going on here.

Advertisement of beer or tobacco related products is illegal in Australia.
and most likely few other countries.

So branding would be changed to comply.
And fosters is our joke of a beer to the world anyway.

Good luck ever finding an aussie pub serving it or anyone within Australia drinking it.:roflmao:

(I don't think I've ever heard about Foster's beer before this discussion. It's more than likely I've seen the logo, but probably didn't realize what it's for. But tbh, foreign beer has never been very popular in our country, and I also happen to be one of roughly ten people in this country who don't really care much about beer in the first place.)

Some people worry about
Pricing is much the same as rF2, and that in itself is alarming.

alarming

rF2 85% of LATEST users are positive ............ some indictment of ISI

But wait 86% of ALL USERS are positive :rolleyes: which flys in face of its all credit to S397 :rolleyes:

rF2 has many online and I will bet anyone if you make a decent room with any stock content ( no DLC) you will get joiners but now like AMS2 you all sit on your hands and whinge and I can say all as I already been told only 6 online so yes ALL users both sims including me are to blame

We can't handle the truth and blame anything else we can

Have you tried the custom FFB files in the Reiza forums?

I second this. NuScorpii’s ‘heavy messing 2.3’ is a great file, and really enhances the experience.

Before that however, I would suggest deleting the ‘documents/Automobilista 2‘ folder. Generally people are very happy with FFB and there are lots of happy Logitech owners. Deleting this folder seems to be the answer for people with corrupted FFB files.

People have been been criticizing in this thread Reiza's decision to release the game unfinished and unpolished, aiming to improve/extend the game over a long development cycle. But I am wondering about something: isn't this practice common inside sim racing mainly because those studios are very small, some of them without any kind of external funding, like Reiza? Would it be really possible for them to work years in a product without any kind of cash influx? I don't really know the details of how those studios operate, but that is the impression that I have after looking how most of those games have been released and also as my own experience as a developer working for a startup. I am pretty sure that if it wasn't for the possibility to start selling the game while it is still being develop/improved, many of those companies probably wouldn't survive and we wouldn't have all those games.

From my side, I don't mind this practice at all. Even if there are a lot of bugs, and some features still missing, I am enjoying AMS2 a lot. I think the game in its current state is good, and its potential is even greater. Of course, I understand that its current state might not be for everyone, like those that are looking mainly for a competitive multiplayer, those that focus their Singleplayer experience in championships/career mode or people who only drive gt3 cars.

Foster's had one unique selling point to American's. A Big Effing 34 ounce Can known as the "Foster's Oil Can". Still sucked, ya just got more.

Foster's: IMPORTED in 18 point font.

"From Canada" in 8 point font.

I would like to try a Victoria Bitter after watching Supercars. Or 24 VB's like a Oz race fan.

Best Fake AMS1 logo: TAXACO

Foster's had one unique selling point to American's. A Big Effing 34 ounce Can known as the "Foster's Oil Can". Still sucked, ya just got more.

Foster's: IMPORTED in 18 point font.

"From Canada" in 8 point font.

I would like to try a Victoria Bitter after watching Supercars. Or 24 VB's like a Oz race fan.

Best Fake AMS1 logo: TAXACO
Real Aussies drink Coopers Sparkling Ale.......I drank a lot of those öil cans" at the Breakers in Point Roberts, Washington....vile, but you didn't have to fight your way to the bar as often....

can't play this game, the movement makes me motion sick

This can be changed. See this thread. I have mine currently set where it acts just like most other sims.

People have been been criticizing in this thread Reiza's decision to release the game unfinished and unpolished, aiming to improve/extend the game over a long development cycle. But I am wondering about something: isn't this practice common inside sim racing mainly because those studios are very small, some of them without any kind of external funding, like Reiza? Would it be really possible for them to work years in a product without any kind of cash influx? I don't really know the details of how those studios operate, but that is the impression that I have after looking how most of those games have been released and also as my own experience as a developer working for a startup. I am pretty sure that if it wasn't for the possibility to start selling the game while it is still being develop/improved, many of those companies probably wouldn't survive and we wouldn't have all those games.

From my side, I don't mind this practice at all. Even if there are a lot of bugs, and some features still missing, I am enjoying AMS2 a lot. I think the game in its current state is good, and its potential is even greater. Of course, I understand that its current state might not be for everyone, like those that are looking mainly for a competitive multiplayer, those that focus their Singleplayer experience in championships/career mode or people who only drive gt3 cars.

It seems to be the way of the world! Release, get the End Users to do the Testing for you and then fix and patch if you can. Personally, I think the danger of this approach is that you can alienate people who bought your product in good faith expecting it to 'do what it says on the tin'. And if it doesn't work or isn't fixed quickly, those people will go and play something else that does work, and maybe not return, so you may lose sales on DLC and future games as people will remember what happened last time.

However, I don't have a problem with doing what Kunos did with ACC on PC, where you buy early access at a significant discount, and you expect to see loads of bugs and features disabled. The studio gets some much needed revenue early and feedback from users.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back