AMS 2 Interview: Submit Your Questions Here!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS 2 Interview Questions.jpg

Use this thread to submit questions you would like me to put to Reiza Studios Renato Simioni in our upcoming Automobilista 2 interview.

The big news of the week has to be the announcement that Automobilista 2 is heading to our PC's this coming December, and with such a hotly anticipated title as this, and with so little known about it at this stage, we think it only right that we sit down with the man behind the software and have a chat.

In order to ensure we cover as wide of a range of topics as possible, I would like to extend to you all the opportunity to use the comments section of this thread to pitch any questions you would like me to put to Renato when we meet later this weekend.

Please, don't use this as an opportunity to ask "is car x coming to the sim" as firstly, that's a dull question, and secondly I'm sure that plenty of the content questions are unanswerable at this time - either due to licencing issues, or because Reiza want to save some of the announcement goodness for the build up to release in December.

So please, do use this as an opportunity to have your voice heard, and think wisely about the type of things you want to find out about this new project.

Without further ramblings from me, drop your questions in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

The first AMS was heavy on open wheel content. Can we expect more of the same or will it be better balanced?

Are there any cars or concerns with overlap from SMS that would keep certain content out of the title?

Madness engine - a big suprise!

My questions (some of them already mentioned):
- What are the reasons they preferred to go on with madness engine?
- How will Reiza guarantee that AMS2 will feel and drive like AMS with this new engine, and not like PC2 (really a concern for me)?
- Can Reiza use parts of their former modulations in AMS (e.g. turbo modellation)
- Will we have something like an early access?

I would ask two simple questions for AMS2:

- Will the AI be different from the PC2 one? I've left PC2 because it was so hard to set it correctly (difficulty and aggressiveness changing too much from race to race), so this is very important to me.

- Regarding Single Player modes, will we be able to save mid-race and continue that race another time? As rFactor 2, GTR2, F12018.

Many thanks for all your effort

Being a gMotor-derived engine, I can understand why Madness was chosen. It's a solid package, physics and graphics-wise. What really concerns me is the mod support. Will it be carried over from AMS1 (if possible), or are you guys going to focus on getting more content licenses and get a more diverse and broad content (or both)?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.