AMS 2 Interview: Submit Your Questions Here!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS 2 Interview Questions.jpg

Use this thread to submit questions you would like me to put to Reiza Studios Renato Simioni in our upcoming Automobilista 2 interview.

The big news of the week has to be the announcement that Automobilista 2 is heading to our PC's this coming December, and with such a hotly anticipated title as this, and with so little known about it at this stage, we think it only right that we sit down with the man behind the software and have a chat.

In order to ensure we cover as wide of a range of topics as possible, I would like to extend to you all the opportunity to use the comments section of this thread to pitch any questions you would like me to put to Renato when we meet later this weekend.

Please, don't use this as an opportunity to ask "is car x coming to the sim" as firstly, that's a dull question, and secondly I'm sure that plenty of the content questions are unanswerable at this time - either due to licencing issues, or because Reiza want to save some of the announcement goodness for the build up to release in December.

So please, do use this as an opportunity to have your voice heard, and think wisely about the type of things you want to find out about this new project.

Without further ramblings from me, drop your questions in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

however, please try and steer away from "will car/category X be coming" as they probably can't tell us, or don't want to at this stage.

Besides, the Mini is the only car that matters :D
I don't know if my question still fits,nor if it has been asked before. But willi you keep (atleast parts) of the amazing content from AMS1?

Edit: Please Delete this, I didn't watch the trailer

What flavours are we gonna have for ffb? Please make one with extra cheese !

On a serious note...

How much control do you have on the visual side of things? The weather looks very good in pc2 but honestly I think generally the visuals are kinda overdone - like too much bling. Are you aiming for a more photo realistic look if its in your control?

Will sounds be high priority? IMO one of the most important things for immersion and realism.

Will open wheelers still be high priority? ( i Really hope so ! )

Are you aiming for a broader audience - and if so will it compromise the physics and realism side of things?

Good luck !!

- Modding?
- Can you copypaste the physics and FFB, and just use Madness for graphics? (I hope yes)
- Will there be dirt racing content again? (I hope yes, maybe even expanded?)
- Adjustable 3D mirrors?
- Better antialiasing? (AA in pCars 2 is not great, unless you go very demanding, highest MSAA options)
- How will AI code work? Using AMS AI or using AI algorithms from pCars 2 as basis?
- Is Niels working on this title? (I hope yes)
- Will all content from AMS (cars, tracks) be included?

Last edited:
  1. What engine choices did you consider (rFactor 2 ISI gMotor2, Unreal, Madness, etc.) and why did you go for the Madness engine?
  2. Is SMS involved in development of AMS2 somehow? Reiza has always been one of my favorite companies in sim racing and SMS is quite the opposite. So will Reiza remain the Reiza we all know and love and not become another SMS?
  3. Will there be early access or beta access? I would be glad to pay full price for the game already now.

Last edited:
Question 1:
Can we have some idea of any 'new' race options that are intended. i.e. I'm really hoping for one or two features that have been left out of most sims in the past:
For example
options for ballast, ability to match player and AI tyre wear, designate pit windows for player and AI, mid-race saves for those with real life commitments, decent oval behaviour as well as road.

Question 2: please can I join your beta

;)

How challenging it is to integrate their physics/ffb with madness graphic engine?

How much can we expect AMS feeling?

Is it gonna be more like AMS with new engine or more like PC2 with AMS touch?

When do ams bakers get info about possible beta testing as was hinted before?

Thanks for the interview and effort you are putting into it

Last edited:
  1. Will the FFB and physics be on par with Automobilista / RF2 DLC ?
  2. Will there be a laser scanned Nürburgring Nordschleife?
  3. Are all the Vintage Cars still in the game? Especially the 67 F1?
There is nothing better than vintage F1 on Nordschleife, with great physics and FFB.

Will this be a milking game ,

if you preorder you will get 24hr cycle
buy weather pass
rain dlc
thunderstorm dlc
interlagos pitlane dlc
wheel dlc for mclaren
buy the AMS 2 standard edition
buy the AMS 2 deluxe edition
ultra mega bundle grass for all tracks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?