Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione fans rejoice - lots and lots of exciting new announcements have been made about the simulation.

So, where to start? Well first up, this summer we are going to be in receipt of no less than 10 new car models for the simulation, with the arrival of the much hoped for GT4 paid DLC. Yes, GT4 cars are coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione! The new pack is expected to drop this summer for PC, with console versions receiving access to the DLC in fall.

In other news from the studio, the 'British Pack' DLC has been confirmed for a release this winter on both console and PC. Adding three new circuits that make up the full British GT calendar (Oulton Park, Snetterton and Donington Park according to the 2020 British GT Calendar). Little is known about the release at this stage, so no news on liveries / cars from the British GT Series, but stay tuned for more info as and when it becomes available..

Finally, Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have confirmed that Assetto Corsa Competizione will be releasing on both Xbox One and PS4 as early as June 23rd 2020 - bringing this outstanding simulation to console gamers for the first time.

You can check out the full press release below:

Hi everyone! Today is a super exciting day for the Assetto Corsa Competizione team as we bring the news we know so many of you have been waiting for!

KUNOS Simulazioni and 505 Games are thrilled to announce that Assetto Corsa Competizione is heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

ACC will be available both digitally and at physical retail on June 23rd, 2020. What’s more, players who pre-order the console edition of ACC will also gain access to the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC on release day, which expands the Assetto Corsa Competizione experience to include the official Intercontinental GT Challenge. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC is scheduled to launch later this summer.

The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione introduces four iconic international circuits from four different continents – Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (South Africa), Suzuka Circuit (Japan), Weathertech®️ Raceway Laguna Seca (United States) and Mount Panorama Circuit (New South Wales Australia). Players owning these tracks will extend the GT Series to the Intercontinental GT Challenge by Pirelli, providing a challenging driving experience using an exclusive layout finely reproduced with Laserscan®️ technology, allowing for extreme track reproduction precision and detail. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC also adds more than 45 new car liveries, 30 new teams and 50 new drivers along with all-new game modes from the real-life Intercontinental GT Challenge powered by Pirelli.

Assetto Corsa Competizione allows players to experience the real atmosphere of the GT3 championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved. Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes.

The launch of Assetto Corsa Competizione on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is part of a full plan that will cover both PC and console instalments of the game:

• This April, the free Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.4 update for PC Steam will introduce new features – including the car showroom, new driver/car personalization choices and additional options for multiplayer servers – and lots of improvements of the game features, UI and algorithms.
  • The GT4 Pack paid DLC, adding +10 new GT4 cars, will be available this summer on PC Steam, and this fall on consoles.
  • The British Pack paid DLC, offering 3 new iconic circuits that complete the 7-race calendar of the British GT Championship, will be available this winter for both PC Steam and consoles.

Stay tuned for more info! Exciting times ahead.

Original Source: 505 Games

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow this June.

Got questions? Head over to the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Console announcement.jpg

That would be amazing and allow me to play with my friends on xbox

I highly doubt crossplay will happen for a few reasons based on the way they approached AC on the console:

1. The versions will rarely be aligned, ACC console will likely launch at v1 PC version (and hopefully not less than that but it could be) and build up over months.

2. No Steam Hotfixes if the versions are aligned and boy will the PC players howl if that happens. I doubt Kunos will give up hotfix flexibility when patches on PS4 and XBox take weeks longer (and cost money I believe) and hotfixes are not easy, if even possible.

3. AC multiplayer on the consoles was extremely basic, just public lobbies for months, a basic form of private lobbies was eventually delivered. Items like track limits and race results did not exist for months. I can't see the driver rating system coming to console in any form as console have restrictions on the amount of data held - one of the reasons why PCARS2 had individual car lap times on PC but only overall class lap times on console.

4. Console sales are a huge cash cow for Kunos, no way they'll be, for example, allowing Windows crossplay and losing those sales.

5. Last of all I doubt you'd want it, the performance differences will be huge. Console AC players regularly lost FFB or randomly disconnected from races and the ping was all over the place.

Yes, the big games like Fortnite, CoD and Forza have great crossplay but they also have dedicated servers and huge support teams making that happen.

When reading thru comment's, i just cannot be thinking that when the h..l you people are satisfied with something... Just example the open wheeler's, what is so hard to understand that this is for GT-Racing, OFFICIAL game? When you finally get a sim that actually is all about some series and not just this and that and here and there.. What you get in every other game/sim. Pathetic... And for the actual announcement, great to see GT4's are coming, and British track's. Have been thinking about these when have watched a races example from Oulton that could these get in ACC and here they are. Thanks for Kunos already, waiting for these to collect for myself.:)

Last edited:
Nice find, here's the iRacing customer hoping this will put the Skip Barber F4 car in the iRacing service, seeing as they have an F3 car already and the "old" Skip barber car is really that - old. There has been quite a discussion about this car on the iRacing forums already, many players would love to see it.

Sorry, very much off topic, back to ACC :whistling:

Let me try to explain this.

I know that there are several other sims out there which feature prototypes, open wheelers or historic content. And I also have them all (Raceroom, Iracing, AC, Automobilista). However I wish I could enjoy some cars which I prefer over (boring) modern GT cars in the ACC environment with a customizable championship, weather, excellent physics etc. The whole ACC package is great but it offers the wrong cars imo (don’t feel offended). Or to put it nicer: it’s too one-sided.

But yeah, that’s just my problem…you guys go and enjoy ACC. :thumbsup:

I can imagine that the next project from Kunos will be Assetto Corsa 2, which combines the moddabelity from AC and the new technology from ACC. That would be great.

But for now i'm following your advice, and will be enjoying ACC.

Reactions: F_B
This is great news. I'm not a console player, but it's still super exciting that it's heading there - it'll bring in more cash for continued investment in the title, so it's a massive win-win.

The other new content is sounding brill as well (do the kids still say 'brill' these days?) Its really good that Kunos seem to have a clear road map for future development in place - plus I think there'll be some extra surprises on the way as well.

I'll echo the comments above regarding the American Pack, that would be wild, but wow, what a title this is already - and I feel we're only just getting started.

Consoleros will be mad about the Career tho. They are more accustomed to expect a fleshed out Career in their games than PC simracing crowd. Considering how most console racing games are.

I expected much more, when Kunos said that this time around Career will be improved and immersive, they need to improve the "game side" of their game, and all that. With next Kunos game after this, I will know what to expect (and personally I don't mind.. you could ditch the career with AC2 for all I care)

But will definitely get DLC even when VR kind of sucks.. GT4 is more interesting than GT3 and Oulton + Donington are great. I still use flat screen some of the time, but in terms of VR have to say (based on Beta so far) Automobilista 2 is going to be the main sim for me. In terms of VR it leaves pretty much all titles into the dust, and makes it painfully obvious, that VR in ACC is not up to par. Not the fault of Kunos, but Unreal 4

They have no reason to get mad about the kind of career game play offered in ACC,
The subject has been totaly and overly covered.
Every one getting ACC has no excuse that they would expect something different as far as what kind of career is offered.
Career is not what ACC is about.
Well, you know how well people register these things. Many people will just buy it because "new racing game with good graphics", it looks visually like a feature-complete AAA game. The extreme realism might come as shock to some too. I still remember the gaming journalists who complained "It's very punishing, the AI doesn't wait for you if you mess up" and thus gave AC1 a bad score

I remember people asking "Console version?" in official Kunos Twitter repeatedly, over and over again, back when the game was about to release in 2018. Even when all official posts had said a million times, that focus is on Steam release.

People don't read, or dig into things. You can see it here too, people asking open wheelers after 2 years, on a goddamn Simracing focused website...

For many the lackluster Career will come as a surprise. Honestly after AC and the poor reception the Career got (deservedly), the logical thing would be that Career has been improved for the next game. But it isn't... a GT3 driver talking a bit on few short videos, is not an improvement

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.