Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione fans rejoice - lots and lots of exciting new announcements have been made about the simulation.

So, where to start? Well first up, this summer we are going to be in receipt of no less than 10 new car models for the simulation, with the arrival of the much hoped for GT4 paid DLC. Yes, GT4 cars are coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione! The new pack is expected to drop this summer for PC, with console versions receiving access to the DLC in fall.

In other news from the studio, the 'British Pack' DLC has been confirmed for a release this winter on both console and PC. Adding three new circuits that make up the full British GT calendar (Oulton Park, Snetterton and Donington Park according to the 2020 British GT Calendar). Little is known about the release at this stage, so no news on liveries / cars from the British GT Series, but stay tuned for more info as and when it becomes available..

Finally, Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have confirmed that Assetto Corsa Competizione will be releasing on both Xbox One and PS4 as early as June 23rd 2020 - bringing this outstanding simulation to console gamers for the first time.

You can check out the full press release below:

Hi everyone! Today is a super exciting day for the Assetto Corsa Competizione team as we bring the news we know so many of you have been waiting for!

KUNOS Simulazioni and 505 Games are thrilled to announce that Assetto Corsa Competizione is heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

ACC will be available both digitally and at physical retail on June 23rd, 2020. What’s more, players who pre-order the console edition of ACC will also gain access to the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC on release day, which expands the Assetto Corsa Competizione experience to include the official Intercontinental GT Challenge. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC is scheduled to launch later this summer.

The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione introduces four iconic international circuits from four different continents – Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (South Africa), Suzuka Circuit (Japan), Weathertech®️ Raceway Laguna Seca (United States) and Mount Panorama Circuit (New South Wales Australia). Players owning these tracks will extend the GT Series to the Intercontinental GT Challenge by Pirelli, providing a challenging driving experience using an exclusive layout finely reproduced with Laserscan®️ technology, allowing for extreme track reproduction precision and detail. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC also adds more than 45 new car liveries, 30 new teams and 50 new drivers along with all-new game modes from the real-life Intercontinental GT Challenge powered by Pirelli.

Assetto Corsa Competizione allows players to experience the real atmosphere of the GT3 championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved. Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes.

The launch of Assetto Corsa Competizione on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is part of a full plan that will cover both PC and console instalments of the game:

• This April, the free Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.4 update for PC Steam will introduce new features – including the car showroom, new driver/car personalization choices and additional options for multiplayer servers – and lots of improvements of the game features, UI and algorithms.
  • The GT4 Pack paid DLC, adding +10 new GT4 cars, will be available this summer on PC Steam, and this fall on consoles.
  • The British Pack paid DLC, offering 3 new iconic circuits that complete the 7-race calendar of the British GT Championship, will be available this winter for both PC Steam and consoles.

Stay tuned for more info! Exciting times ahead.

Original Source: 505 Games

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow this June.

Got questions? Head over to the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Console announcement.jpg

This is great news! Really enjoying the GT4 Cayman in iRacing. Can't wait to run a field of all of the GT4 cars in ACC! British Track Pack is great too! I might be the only person that really likes Snetterton :p

Would love to see TCR or and Amercian track pack as well someday. On the note of the GT America races at COTA, it was explained that they anticipate several more teams (including silver drivers) to be added as the season progresses.

Did you watch the GT World Challenge America race on COTA?
Unfortunately this series has decayed quite a bit from last year. No Pro category, only one Silver car, Pro-Am set for overall honors. I can see why K-Pax went the European road with their Pro drivers. Tracks on the America Calendar are epic, no doubt about that!

No offense, but GT World Asia might be more attractive since they offer Multiclass with GT4, same as British GT. Tracks not too shabby as well.

Don't get me wrong, personally I hope they release all GT World Challenge packs.

The only reason I want an American pack is the track selection... I had no idea the entry list was in decline. :(

Hope they don't forget us PC users when its released on consoles? for (Future Patches & DLC's)
As other companies once released on consoles they loose interest in PC's
Great news by the way with the upcoming British DLC. Thanks Kunos keep it up.

Last edited:
David Perel and who else?
I watched a Nicki Thiim stream and he seemed to say it is more realistic than iracing's GT3s - something about how he can drive it how he wants and not be so careful, or something like that. (can't recall exactly, maybe he said he doesn't need to drive like a girl, like jimmy broadbent...)
The thing is, before the contact patch update of the tyre, he was ranting about this game and its kerbs of death. He was positive about the weight transfer behaviour with different engine types but not that impressed so far, overall.

On a new stream, when he was testing the updated physics and cars (1.3), he was saying, that this was finally really fun, driving a race car in any simulation, for a long time. You don't have to baby the car and so on...he is still mentioning it, when suffer...driving with iRacings tyre model (yesterday he said, the new GTE tyre model feels like if it has NASCAR tyres on and considering driving ACC again :D ).

And he wasn't involved in the development of ACC, so there is something genuine to hear.^^

Well, I gotta say that this is the best news I heard all day ( maybe even month)
I was eagerly waiting for GT4 pack , so this is a must buy for me for sure

so far I skipped on the Intercontinental GT pack, but GT4 + Brithish pack sounds like no brainer

Excited about what is coming to the PC release, I love this game.

Understand the concerns around console, by all means we can predict on what may happen but we don’t really know. Let’s wait and see what transpires.

Those asking for different cars such as open wheelers, can’t work out If you are messing or just don’t understand the series? You are clearly after a different game, many out there that meet those requirements, go and check them out!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.