Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione fans rejoice - lots and lots of exciting new announcements have been made about the simulation.

So, where to start? Well first up, this summer we are going to be in receipt of no less than 10 new car models for the simulation, with the arrival of the much hoped for GT4 paid DLC. Yes, GT4 cars are coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione! The new pack is expected to drop this summer for PC, with console versions receiving access to the DLC in fall.

In other news from the studio, the 'British Pack' DLC has been confirmed for a release this winter on both console and PC. Adding three new circuits that make up the full British GT calendar (Oulton Park, Snetterton and Donington Park according to the 2020 British GT Calendar). Little is known about the release at this stage, so no news on liveries / cars from the British GT Series, but stay tuned for more info as and when it becomes available..

Finally, Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have confirmed that Assetto Corsa Competizione will be releasing on both Xbox One and PS4 as early as June 23rd 2020 - bringing this outstanding simulation to console gamers for the first time.

You can check out the full press release below:

Hi everyone! Today is a super exciting day for the Assetto Corsa Competizione team as we bring the news we know so many of you have been waiting for!

KUNOS Simulazioni and 505 Games are thrilled to announce that Assetto Corsa Competizione is heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

ACC will be available both digitally and at physical retail on June 23rd, 2020. What’s more, players who pre-order the console edition of ACC will also gain access to the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC on release day, which expands the Assetto Corsa Competizione experience to include the official Intercontinental GT Challenge. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC is scheduled to launch later this summer.

The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione introduces four iconic international circuits from four different continents – Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (South Africa), Suzuka Circuit (Japan), Weathertech®️ Raceway Laguna Seca (United States) and Mount Panorama Circuit (New South Wales Australia). Players owning these tracks will extend the GT Series to the Intercontinental GT Challenge by Pirelli, providing a challenging driving experience using an exclusive layout finely reproduced with Laserscan®️ technology, allowing for extreme track reproduction precision and detail. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC also adds more than 45 new car liveries, 30 new teams and 50 new drivers along with all-new game modes from the real-life Intercontinental GT Challenge powered by Pirelli.

Assetto Corsa Competizione allows players to experience the real atmosphere of the GT3 championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved. Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes.

The launch of Assetto Corsa Competizione on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is part of a full plan that will cover both PC and console instalments of the game:

• This April, the free Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.4 update for PC Steam will introduce new features – including the car showroom, new driver/car personalization choices and additional options for multiplayer servers – and lots of improvements of the game features, UI and algorithms.
  • The GT4 Pack paid DLC, adding +10 new GT4 cars, will be available this summer on PC Steam, and this fall on consoles.
  • The British Pack paid DLC, offering 3 new iconic circuits that complete the 7-race calendar of the British GT Championship, will be available this winter for both PC Steam and consoles.

Stay tuned for more info! Exciting times ahead.

Original Source: 505 Games

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow this June.

Got questions? Head over to the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Console announcement.jpg

AWESOME FPS FIX:

Much better FPS for those who need it with not much visible downside at all (2stains post #38): https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/i-got-my-fps-back.172350/page-2#post-3112284

Open the Engine.ini from this post and copy and paste the stuff in there to the very bottom of the Engine.ini located here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini

The settings shown in the images of that post is for triple screens so if you run single monitor you will be able to crank some of those settings up. Maybe even way up. :)

Last edited:
For those who have written off the open wheel idea, remember that Formula Renault Eurocup is a support series, just like the GT4s. So it’s possible and logical that we’ll see that specific open wheel series at some stage, although perhaps not all that likely.

Well, you know how well people register these things. Many people will just buy it because "new racing game with good graphics", it looks visually like a feature-complete AAA game. The extreme realism might come as shock to some too. I still remember the gaming journalists who complained "It's very punishing, the AI doesn't wait for you if you mess up" and thus gave AC1 a bad score

I remember people asking "Console version?" in official Kunos Twitter repeatedly, over and over again, back when the game was about to release in 2018. Even when all official posts had said a million times, that focus is on Steam release.

People don't read, or dig into things. You can see it here too, people asking open wheelers after 2 years, on a goddamn Simracing focused website...

For many the lackluster Career will come as a surprise. Honestly after AC and the poor reception the Career got (deservedly), the logical thing would be that Career has been improved for the next game. But it isn't... a GT3 driver talking a bit on few short videos, is not an improvement

I agree with most of what you wrote.
However I have to say something – again – about me wanting openwheelers etc. I know that ACC is and was always and from the beginning of time a GT3 sim. All I wanted to say some posts ago is that it’s kind of sad to see Kunos – one of my favourite devs – invest all their skills in only GT cars. That's all. No reading disabilities or missing comprehension skills on my side. Just wanted to share my feelings about that fact.

So I’m out of this thread now before other people get a heartattack.

Just curious if anyone knows.....(can't find through searching).......what are the weight limits for GT4 cars? Are they lighter than GT3?

from the rule book of SRO Gt4 (can be found online at the sro site)

4.1 Minimum weight
The SRO GT4 Bureau reserves the right to adjust the minimum weight of any car in order to maintain the balance of performance between the cars. The minimum weight must be respected at all times during the event, in particular when the car crosses the finish line. It is permitted to complete the weight of the car by one or several units of ballast.

from the rule book of SRO Gt4 (can be found online at the sro site)

4.1 Minimum weight
The SRO GT4 Bureau reserves the right to adjust the minimum weight of any car in order to maintain the balance of performance between the cars. The minimum weight must be respected at all times during the event, in particular when the car crosses the finish line. It is permitted to complete the weight of the car by one or several units of ballast.

That doesn't list any actual weight though, so there's no way of knowing if they're lighter or heavier than the GT3 cars...

It's great that Kunos are working so hard to improve this sim, I'm in for any new content, Looking forward to GT4 as it's a class i haven't really spent much time with, Dabbled a bit in AC, Also the Brit pack will be awesome as i love Oulton and Donnington.

Audi's website lists their R8 GT3 as 1235 kg and the GT4 version as 1460 kg.
Then again the KTM X-Bow GT4 is listed as 975 kg!
Just curious if anyone knows.....(can't find through searching).......what are the weight limits for GT4 cars? Are they lighter than GT3?
In general, GT4 cars are heavier. Most seem to be in the 1400kg range, while most GT3 cars are in the 1200kg range

But there are big exceptions, like the Ginetta G55 GT4 (1085 kg) and the KTM X-Bow GT4 (1025 kg*)!

*KTM actually lists the homolgation weight as 975 kg but the SRO GT4 site says 1025 kg. Must be the BoP?

Audi's website lists their R8 GT3 as 1235 kg and the GT4 version as 1460 kg.
Then again the KTM X-Bow GT4 is listed as 975 kg!

In general, GT4 cars are heavier. Most seem to be in the 1400kg range, while most GT3 cars are in the 1200kg range

But there are big exceptions, like the Ginetta G55 GT4 (1085 kg) and the KTM X-Bow GT4 (1025 kg*)!

*KTM actually lists the homolgation weight as 975 kg but the SRO GT4 site says 1025 kg. Must be the BoP?

Thanks for the info. Interesting to know but wow that's heavy.

Looks like I'll take the Ginetta or KTM then!! :)

I'd have preferred TCR. GT's in general are pretty saturated across racing sims, not many are doing FWD tourers.
Completely agree. The gt4 announcement leaves me rather cold. I also don't think that multiclass racing will improve online experience. The choice however is very logical.
Very glad to see three awesome tracks made by ks coming our way. (Awesome tcrtracks imo ;))
Will buy them both as soon as they are available. Go Kunos!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%