Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione fans rejoice - lots and lots of exciting new announcements have been made about the simulation.

So, where to start? Well first up, this summer we are going to be in receipt of no less than 10 new car models for the simulation, with the arrival of the much hoped for GT4 paid DLC. Yes, GT4 cars are coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione! The new pack is expected to drop this summer for PC, with console versions receiving access to the DLC in fall.

In other news from the studio, the 'British Pack' DLC has been confirmed for a release this winter on both console and PC. Adding three new circuits that make up the full British GT calendar (Oulton Park, Snetterton and Donington Park according to the 2020 British GT Calendar). Little is known about the release at this stage, so no news on liveries / cars from the British GT Series, but stay tuned for more info as and when it becomes available..

Finally, Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have confirmed that Assetto Corsa Competizione will be releasing on both Xbox One and PS4 as early as June 23rd 2020 - bringing this outstanding simulation to console gamers for the first time.

You can check out the full press release below:

Hi everyone! Today is a super exciting day for the Assetto Corsa Competizione team as we bring the news we know so many of you have been waiting for!

KUNOS Simulazioni and 505 Games are thrilled to announce that Assetto Corsa Competizione is heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

ACC will be available both digitally and at physical retail on June 23rd, 2020. What’s more, players who pre-order the console edition of ACC will also gain access to the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC on release day, which expands the Assetto Corsa Competizione experience to include the official Intercontinental GT Challenge. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC is scheduled to launch later this summer.

The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione introduces four iconic international circuits from four different continents – Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (South Africa), Suzuka Circuit (Japan), Weathertech®️ Raceway Laguna Seca (United States) and Mount Panorama Circuit (New South Wales Australia). Players owning these tracks will extend the GT Series to the Intercontinental GT Challenge by Pirelli, providing a challenging driving experience using an exclusive layout finely reproduced with Laserscan®️ technology, allowing for extreme track reproduction precision and detail. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC also adds more than 45 new car liveries, 30 new teams and 50 new drivers along with all-new game modes from the real-life Intercontinental GT Challenge powered by Pirelli.

Assetto Corsa Competizione allows players to experience the real atmosphere of the GT3 championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved. Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes.

The launch of Assetto Corsa Competizione on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is part of a full plan that will cover both PC and console instalments of the game:

• This April, the free Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.4 update for PC Steam will introduce new features – including the car showroom, new driver/car personalization choices and additional options for multiplayer servers – and lots of improvements of the game features, UI and algorithms.
  • The GT4 Pack paid DLC, adding +10 new GT4 cars, will be available this summer on PC Steam, and this fall on consoles.
  • The British Pack paid DLC, offering 3 new iconic circuits that complete the 7-race calendar of the British GT Championship, will be available this winter for both PC Steam and consoles.

Stay tuned for more info! Exciting times ahead.

Original Source: 505 Games

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow this June.

Got questions? Head over to the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Console announcement.jpg

The big news here is no private multiplayer lobbies - that will surely be a game-breaker for many with the crash fest that is public lobby console racing! It's also one of the big criticisms of AC at launch so no progress there.

If there was a feature available to create your own server directly on your local machine from the game interface, I think they would have made it available for PC, too. So it is what it is, console players will have a fixed number of servers available.

There is a BIG difference compared to the console version of AC, though. And the difference is that ACC has a rating system so I expect there will be a choice of public servers available for people with different levels of SA rating. This will allow cleaner racers to race together. Also, there will be CP servers for "serious" racing among people with high SA rating. So it's not all that bad. We will see.

I don't think it's going to be 2020 cars, it should be 2019 for the first DLC.
So, if that is the case, then we should see:

Alpine
Aston
Audi
BMW
Chevy
Ginetta
KTM
Maserati
McLaren
Merc
Porsche

Idk what the 12th car is, but it's most likely Ekris BMW. Not stocked about that one personally, would rather get the Mustang.

Perhaps they will update it with 2020 content later, hopefully.

I'm sure once the tie-up with SRO expires we will see much more content. It makes sense for 505 to stick with GT-x until they are confident the mod community has the tools it needs.

TL : DR but did I miss something here? Why would the tie up with SRO expire? As for modding, as far as I’m aware, apart from skins, there is no modding for ACC. Kunos said they would not be supporting modding before ACC was released. Has this changed?

TL : DR but did I miss something here? Why would the tie up with SRO expire? As for modding, as far as I’m aware, apart from skins, there is no modding for ACC. Kunos said they would not be supporting modding before ACC was released. Has this changed?
Tie-ups always eventually expire :)
No modding is the correct stance before a product is feature complete, but once Kunos is happy with the base engine we can expect a lot more modding to appear. Kunos did say they understand the importance of mods, they simply did not want to support modding until things calm down a bit.

Assetto Corsa’s structure was designed from the beginning to be moddable. Being developed with UE4, AC Competizione processes data and assets through a completely different structure and file format. Therefore, the game will not be compatible with mod contents created for Assetto Corsa. Also, our team does not have enough experience with UE4 to tackle both the development a brand-new game and the challenges of supporting an open platform in the time frame available for this project.

We are fully aware of the importance of modding and its contribution to the success of Assetto Corsa. It’s a great way for new talents to emerge, for the community to “suggest” new directions and/or simply to make a product richer. It is not a coincidence that some of the best community members are now contributing with us to the evolution of the software.

Last edited:
No modding is the correct stance before a product is feature complete, but once Kunos is happy with the base engine we can expect a lot more modding to appear.

Like @Majuh, I also think this is highly unlikely. It's an official SRO game so I can't see how modding would ever be approved or supported as it would inevitably lead to non-SRO content. Kunos said quite early in the development process that modding wouldn't be officially supported.

Like @Majuh, I also think this is highly unlikely. It's an official SRO game so I can't see how modding would ever be approved or supported as it would inevitably lead to non-SRO content. Kunos said quite early in the development process that modding wouldn't be officially supported.

I do not want MOD's for this game. All I want is skin templates, which we have now, and more JSON paint layers to work with. And let us choose the number panel and/or series we want to create out car for. I'd love to make a Kayalami or Sazuka car for IGTC. From what I understand the number panels are projected on the car anyway.

GT4 wouldn't really need this feature of the number panels since they are broken up by region i.e. GT4 Europe, America, British ect...

I do not want MOD's for this game. All I want is skin templates, which we have now, and more JSON paint layers to work with. And let us choose the number panel and/or series we want to create out car for. I'd love to make a Kayalami or Sazuka car for IGTC. From what I understand the number panels are projected on the car anyway.

GT4 wouldn't really need this feature of the number panels since they are broken up by region i.e. GT4 Europe, America, British ect...
For me that's absolutely unimportant. And I was doing a lot of liveries and graphics stuff for AC.

There are many other things Kunos have to work on. E.g. multiplayer.

But it's just my personal opinion.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back