Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione fans rejoice - lots and lots of exciting new announcements have been made about the simulation.

So, where to start? Well first up, this summer we are going to be in receipt of no less than 10 new car models for the simulation, with the arrival of the much hoped for GT4 paid DLC. Yes, GT4 cars are coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione! The new pack is expected to drop this summer for PC, with console versions receiving access to the DLC in fall.

In other news from the studio, the 'British Pack' DLC has been confirmed for a release this winter on both console and PC. Adding three new circuits that make up the full British GT calendar (Oulton Park, Snetterton and Donington Park according to the 2020 British GT Calendar). Little is known about the release at this stage, so no news on liveries / cars from the British GT Series, but stay tuned for more info as and when it becomes available..

Finally, Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have confirmed that Assetto Corsa Competizione will be releasing on both Xbox One and PS4 as early as June 23rd 2020 - bringing this outstanding simulation to console gamers for the first time.

You can check out the full press release below:

Hi everyone! Today is a super exciting day for the Assetto Corsa Competizione team as we bring the news we know so many of you have been waiting for!

KUNOS Simulazioni and 505 Games are thrilled to announce that Assetto Corsa Competizione is heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

ACC will be available both digitally and at physical retail on June 23rd, 2020. What’s more, players who pre-order the console edition of ACC will also gain access to the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC on release day, which expands the Assetto Corsa Competizione experience to include the official Intercontinental GT Challenge. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC is scheduled to launch later this summer.

The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione introduces four iconic international circuits from four different continents – Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (South Africa), Suzuka Circuit (Japan), Weathertech®️ Raceway Laguna Seca (United States) and Mount Panorama Circuit (New South Wales Australia). Players owning these tracks will extend the GT Series to the Intercontinental GT Challenge by Pirelli, providing a challenging driving experience using an exclusive layout finely reproduced with Laserscan®️ technology, allowing for extreme track reproduction precision and detail. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC also adds more than 45 new car liveries, 30 new teams and 50 new drivers along with all-new game modes from the real-life Intercontinental GT Challenge powered by Pirelli.

Assetto Corsa Competizione allows players to experience the real atmosphere of the GT3 championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved. Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes.

The launch of Assetto Corsa Competizione on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is part of a full plan that will cover both PC and console instalments of the game:

• This April, the free Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.4 update for PC Steam will introduce new features – including the car showroom, new driver/car personalization choices and additional options for multiplayer servers – and lots of improvements of the game features, UI and algorithms.
  • The GT4 Pack paid DLC, adding +10 new GT4 cars, will be available this summer on PC Steam, and this fall on consoles.
  • The British Pack paid DLC, offering 3 new iconic circuits that complete the 7-race calendar of the British GT Championship, will be available this winter for both PC Steam and consoles.

Stay tuned for more info! Exciting times ahead.

Original Source: 505 Games

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow this June.

Got questions? Head over to the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Console announcement.jpg

"The British Pack paid DLC, offering 3 new iconic circuits that complete the 7-race calendar of the British GT Championship, will be available this winter for both PC Steam and consoles." from the original Kunos statement quoted in the OP.
Well, I think in the initial press releases for the ICGT Pack there was little talk about liveries as well IIRC.
I do hope we get the 2019 liveries and the multiclass racing partwith the track.

They said 10 cars on their announcement, I counted 12 though?

I don't know how their licensing works, if it's like GTR2 was with Porsche (GTR2 had Porsche despite EA's exclusivity due to the FIA license) or if they still have to get specific brand licensing. If it's the latter, we could easily see the Alpine and Ginetta not included as Kunos has no prior licensing with either of them. I sure hope I'm wrong because if the Alpine gets snubbed I'm out. :p

I don't know how their licensing works, if it's like GTR2 was with Porsche (GTR2 had Porsche despite EA's exclusivity due to the FIA license) or if they still have to get specific brand licensing. If it's the latter, we could easily see the Alpine and Ginetta not included as Kunos has no prior licensing with either of them. I sure hope I'm wrong because if the Alpine gets snubbed I'm out. :p

I recall them saying that they still need to get license agreements with every brand and every track owner.

Was that before the announcement or after? If after, it seems a little odd that they would announce it without having permission to do it.

I meant that even after having the license agreement with SRO, they still need to get the car and track licenses individually. So it is still possible that they could not get license for all the cars. But please don't quote me on this :)

Winter starts at December 21st 2020 and ends at March 21st 2021, so unsurprisingly it's mostly Q1 of 2021.
Yes, in December...except in the Southern hemisphere. And at the very least it could've said "next" winter, instead of "this" while we were still in one (of course it was clear, but regardless). So unsurprisingly I'm of the opinion that this is not the best way to announce a release date. Anyway, nbd.

6 days to go until the console release and still no verifiable console gameplay footage...but some has leaked out on GT Planet it seems:

https://www.gtplanet.net/ac-competizione-first-console-videos-20200616/

There is also nothing here to confirm this footage is actually from a console but over on GT Planet, they say it is. There is a second chase cam video - just imagine what driving like that with a pad will do to driver ratings.

Only 30 FPS has been confirmed, as expected given the hardware, and it looks poor to me given we are at the end of this console generation. I'd like to see

The only good news, the optimisation required to make the game run on the consoles will also come to the PC version which should also see some performance gains.

There was a Twitch event yesterday that was supposed to be:

"Tune in on June 16th at 8am PST for a virtual preview experience ahead of Assetto Corsa Competizione’s PS4 and Xbox One launch on June 23rd."

No actual console gameplay was included and they answered only 2 questions at the end of the stream.

There is an FAQ blog up:
https://acc.505games.com/console-community-faq-guide/

The big news here is no private multiplayer lobbies - that will surely be a game-breaker for many with the crash fest that is public lobby console racing! It's also one of the big criticisms of AC at launch so no progress there.

900p 30FPS on the OG Xbox One.
1080p 30FPS on PS4

Graphical performance improvements at 1080 or 4k on PS4 Pro (FPS not stated)
4k native on One X (FPS not stated).

To me, this looks like another cash grab by 505/Kunos, same mistakes with no private lobbies for clean group racing. The lack of any official shouting and marketing claims about the game coupled with the lack of video makes me question just how bad this might be again.

If only they had waited for the next gen consoles it could have been so much better but cash is king and 505 know over 50% of AC income came from console players. Release now in this generation before the new GT and Forza games arrive and then release again at full price for the new consoles is my guess at the marketing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%