Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione fans rejoice - lots and lots of exciting new announcements have been made about the simulation.

So, where to start? Well first up, this summer we are going to be in receipt of no less than 10 new car models for the simulation, with the arrival of the much hoped for GT4 paid DLC. Yes, GT4 cars are coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione! The new pack is expected to drop this summer for PC, with console versions receiving access to the DLC in fall.

In other news from the studio, the 'British Pack' DLC has been confirmed for a release this winter on both console and PC. Adding three new circuits that make up the full British GT calendar (Oulton Park, Snetterton and Donington Park according to the 2020 British GT Calendar). Little is known about the release at this stage, so no news on liveries / cars from the British GT Series, but stay tuned for more info as and when it becomes available..

Finally, Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have confirmed that Assetto Corsa Competizione will be releasing on both Xbox One and PS4 as early as June 23rd 2020 - bringing this outstanding simulation to console gamers for the first time.

You can check out the full press release below:

Hi everyone! Today is a super exciting day for the Assetto Corsa Competizione team as we bring the news we know so many of you have been waiting for!

KUNOS Simulazioni and 505 Games are thrilled to announce that Assetto Corsa Competizione is heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

ACC will be available both digitally and at physical retail on June 23rd, 2020. What’s more, players who pre-order the console edition of ACC will also gain access to the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC on release day, which expands the Assetto Corsa Competizione experience to include the official Intercontinental GT Challenge. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC is scheduled to launch later this summer.

The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione introduces four iconic international circuits from four different continents – Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (South Africa), Suzuka Circuit (Japan), Weathertech®️ Raceway Laguna Seca (United States) and Mount Panorama Circuit (New South Wales Australia). Players owning these tracks will extend the GT Series to the Intercontinental GT Challenge by Pirelli, providing a challenging driving experience using an exclusive layout finely reproduced with Laserscan®️ technology, allowing for extreme track reproduction precision and detail. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC also adds more than 45 new car liveries, 30 new teams and 50 new drivers along with all-new game modes from the real-life Intercontinental GT Challenge powered by Pirelli.

Assetto Corsa Competizione allows players to experience the real atmosphere of the GT3 championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved. Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes.

The launch of Assetto Corsa Competizione on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is part of a full plan that will cover both PC and console instalments of the game:

• This April, the free Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.4 update for PC Steam will introduce new features – including the car showroom, new driver/car personalization choices and additional options for multiplayer servers – and lots of improvements of the game features, UI and algorithms.
  • The GT4 Pack paid DLC, adding +10 new GT4 cars, will be available this summer on PC Steam, and this fall on consoles.
  • The British Pack paid DLC, offering 3 new iconic circuits that complete the 7-race calendar of the British GT Championship, will be available this winter for both PC Steam and consoles.

Stay tuned for more info! Exciting times ahead.

Original Source: 505 Games

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow this June.

Got questions? Head over to the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Console announcement.jpg

GT4 is ok... better than GT3 IMHO, but yet not something that will bring me back to this sim. I hope that at somepoint Kunos add some open wheel racing.

Yes, a bit sad. Personally modern GT cars are not my favourites. Would love some historic and/or prototype/openwheel content. Nevertheless nice addition to ACC, I love the UK tracks (yes, even Snetterton).

Try the indy car 1985 or gp 79 mod on rfactor 2 and you know what hardcore is
Can't compare this sim with rF2, these games play on a very different league. GT3 cars are very predictable cars, and this is properly simulated. It's boring for me too, but if you want to try modern gt3s with very high tech, this is the sim.

Can't compare this sim with rF2, these games play on a very different league. GT3 cars are very predictable cars, and this is properly simulated. It's boring for me too, but if you want to try modern gt3s with very high tech, this is the sim.
I agree with you guys, but with this announcement, many will just not take it that seriously as compared to iRacing, etc. This sort of cements that fact all the more now.

GT4 is what i was waiting for for ACC and the British Pack is welcome too
Pity they have an agreement with SRO and SRO don't run the CIGT (Campionato Italiano Gran Turismo)
However SRO runs the American GT and Asian GT Championshhips with many interesting tracks too
Can't wait to put my hands on the GT4 cars

Ok, meanwhile I like ACC it‘s really challenging you have to fight behind the wheel (except that L. Stolz car who/ always in front.

GT4 could be boring if you like the feeling and sound of speed

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing