AC Server Manager

Misc AC Server Manager v1.7.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hecrer updated AC Server Manager with a new update entry:

Calender, Car Details and Search, Recurring Races and more!

v1.4.0

1.4 is finally finished! This is probably our biggest single update since launch, and we're pretty excited about it!

As always a huge thank you to everybody that offered feedback, especially our testers on Discord, you guys are great!

Added:

• A calendar that automatically populates with scheduled events! Intended to help users see when events are planned and sign up for them if...

Read the rest of this update entry...

First of all many thanks for listening to us users and trying hard to meet our demands (i.e the "Performance Mode").
However, disabling Live Timing completely does not solve our test server's performance issue, at all:O_o:.
Vn4cbe6.png

CPU usage still bursts to 100% when 1 car joins the lobby, and is causing high server latency (the higher the CLIENT_SEND_INTERVAL_HZ, the higher the latency, in the pic above it's 18, if it's 30 the latency is more than 100)
After that I've been checking "server_cfg.ini" almost line by line and finally found the setting that causes the high CPU usage which is "SLEEP_TIME".
aQb4iBm.png

If I set it to 1 (which is acServerManager.exe's default setting) and run acserver.exe manually the CPU usage is about 1% even when a car joins the lobby and server latency is just about the same as network ping.
c4wDhAk.png

I can't figure out what SLEEP_TIME does and thus don't know if it's essential for your server manager, or cannot find where to change it in AC Server Manager options. But if possible could this be set to 1 when we use AC Server Manager to open lobbies?

Thanks again for making it possible to disable Live Timing so I can really find the cause of high CPU usage:rolleyes:.

First of all many thanks for listening to us users and trying hard to meet our demands (i.e the "Performance Mode").
However, disabling Live Timing completely does not solve our test server's performance issue, at all:O_o:.
Vn4cbe6.png

CPU usage still bursts to 100% when 1 car joins the lobby, and is causing high server latency (the higher the CLIENT_SEND_INTERVAL_HZ, the higher the latency, in the pic above it's 18, if it's 30 the latency is more than 100)
After that I've been checking "server_cfg.ini" almost line by line and finally found the setting that causes the high CPU usage which is "SLEEP_TIME".
aQb4iBm.png

If I set it to 1 (which is acServerManager.exe's default setting) and run acserver.exe manually the CPU usage is about 1% even when a car joins the lobby and server latency is just about the same as network ping.
c4wDhAk.png

I can't figure out what SLEEP_TIME does and thus don't know if it's essential for your server manager, or cannot find where to change it in AC Server Manager options. But if possible could this be set to 1 when we use AC Server Manager to open lobbies?

Thanks again for making it possible to disable Live Timing so I can really find the cause of high CPU usage:rolleyes:.

Thanks for pointing this out! We've tested and confirmed this. Expect a patch from us very soon to fix this!

Hecrer updated AC Server Manager with a new update entry:

Performance Improvements

This update addresses an issue that caused high server CPU usage in certain situations! Apologies for the update so soon after 1.4.0 but this in an important fix.

Fixes:
  • Added the "Sleep Time" option to the Server Options page. Added a migration to set the Sleep Time option to 1 for all users.
    This fixes an issue where it was not correctly set to 1 (a value that kunos explicitly recommends), which on smaller servers could cause 100% CPU usage.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the quick fix.:)
Now the server runs smoothly even with live timing and live map on (still very low CPU usage). So the performance mode which switch live timing off is actually not needed (at all:roflmao:)

Thanks for the quick fix.:)
Now the server runs smoothly even with live timing and live map on (still very low CPU usage). So the performance mode which switch live timing off is actually not needed (at all:roflmao:)

Glad to hear it's working! As for performance mode, no harm in it being there - and ultimately it was useful in leading us to this :)

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to setting up servers in AC, and I've got a problem.
My log says "no open UDP connection found", although I have opened all the required ports in my router config.
Any advice?

Cheers

Last edited:
The problem which adds 8 hours to sol time setting when re-enter custom race setting page still remains.
Our server's located in Shanghai (whose time zone is GMT+8), so maybe it is time-zone-related.
As comparison, I opened a Vultr server located in London (as a result now I know how to set up an ac server with server-manager on Linux:rolleyes:), and the problem does not occur. SOL time saved as 8:00 am and when re-entering the setting page the time is still 8:00 am.

Another small problem is that when we load the track the server's welcome message says "This server is running Sol with a 0 time progression multiplier" but the setting is actually 1:O_o:

The problem which adds 8 hours to sol time setting when re-enter custom race setting page still remains.
Our server's located in Shanghai (whose time zone is GMT+8), so maybe it is time-zone-related.
As comparison, I opened a Vultr server located in London (as a result now I know how to set up an ac server with server-manager on Linux:rolleyes:), and the problem does not occur. SOL time saved as 8:00 am and when re-entering the setting page the time is still 8:00 am.

Another small problem is that when we load the track the server's welcome message says "This server is running Sol with a 0 time progression multiplier" but the setting is actually 1:O_o:

Okay, good to confirm that it's a timezone problem, that's why it doesn't happen for us! We much prefer Linux hosting, you avoid a lot of weirdness that occurs on Windows.

That's an odd one, we'll have a look into it.

Thanks

Hello! This is a great tool, i have a question, is it posible to change the format:
Servername:Racename to (for example):
Servername|Racename
(Just change the : for another character, i think | looks better)
Its a very little detail, but i think it is more aesthetic.
Thanks for everything!

Hi All,

trying to setup the server , can say little confusing setup but now it starts, but when i make an custom server and try to start, it give always an error on the location cannot be found and each time i try i notice in the log that it will create each time an extra character "\" to my folders location : hereby a few log examples that i see = check attachment otherwise to much clutter in this support message :)

edit
- tried many other things like installing steamcmd with a new account = steamcmd path cannot be found
- installed steam deticated server : ac server manager cannot be started , cant find ac path

at the end no luck with this configuration
wanted to try this "app" cause when i launch a custom server from AC and with an VR headset i have no visual in the VR, only on the monitor, when i kill the servermanager i have back visual, known issue that im looking a long time for :( ==> found a workaround, didn't know that content manager has it build in and can host a server and use my VR headset ,
but will see what support says, wanna try and give some feedback to this app also.

btw regarding stracker : is it still legal to provide this in the app with the new law about privacy
even Neys his website is down ?

Regards Fulgore

Attachments

• LOG.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Hi All,

trying to setup the server , can say little confusing setup but now it starts, but when i make an custom server and try to start, it give always an error on the location cannot be found and each time i try i notice in the log that it will create each time an extra character "\" to my folders location : hereby a few log examples that i see = check attachment otherwise to much clutter in this support message :)

edit
- tried many other things like installing steamcmd with a new account = steamcmd path cannot be found
- installed steam deticated server : ac server manager cannot be started , cant find ac path

at the end no luck with this configuration
wanted to try this "app" cause when i launch a custom server from AC and with an VR headset i have no visual in the VR, only on the monitor, when i kill the servermanager i have back visual, known issue that im looking a long time for :( ==> found a workaround, didn't know that content manager has it build in and can host a server and use my VR headset ,
but will see what support says, wanna try and give some feedback to this app also.

btw regarding stracker : is it still legal to provide this in the app with the new law about privacy
even Neys his website is down ?

Regards Fulgore

Hi,

Did you try following the INSTALL.txt instructions? We provided a very detailed manual in there, including config.yml setup.

Regarding stracker:

We do not bundle stracker into server manager, we merely support the running of it via server manager. We don't distribute any parts of stracker's code, and we never will.

I believe that stracker was shut down due to a misunderstanding of the GDPR terms. I have spent a while reading GDPR documents and they are very clear about the only data being affected is Personally Identifying Information. Your steam GUID is publicly available information. It is not personally identifiable any more than someone could just search for your name on steam. I do not believe that steam GUID collection is in violation of any terms of GDPR. If there is a problem with steam GUID collection, then Assetto Corsa's Server itself would be in violation of these terms. And since GDPR was designed to target bigger companies, I would have expected Kunos to address this if they thought it were necessary. But they have not and I do not expect them to.

I guess my message is this: server manager will continue to use, store, collate information using steam GUIDs for the foreseeable future. The steam GUID is vital to the operation of server manager. If users have problems with steam GUID collection, they can contact their server owners (regardless of whether the server owners are running server manager or not)

Hi,

Did you try following the INSTALL.txt instructions? We provided a very detailed manual in there, including config.yml setup.

Regarding stracker:

We do not bundle stracker into server manager, we merely support the running of it via server manager. We don't distribute any parts of stracker's code, and we never will.

I believe that stracker was shut down due to a misunderstanding of the GDPR terms. I have spent a while reading GDPR documents and they are very clear about the only data being affected is Personally Identifying Information. Your steam GUID is publicly available information. It is not personally identifiable any more than someone could just search for your name on steam. I do not believe that steam GUID collection is in violation of any terms of GDPR. If there is a problem with steam GUID collection, then Assetto Corsa's Server itself would be in violation of these terms. And since GDPR was designed to target bigger companies, I would have expected Kunos to address this if they thought it were necessary. But they have not and I do not expect them to.

I guess my message is this: server manager will continue to use, store, collate information using steam GUIDs for the foreseeable future. The steam GUID is vital to the operation of server manager. If users have problems with steam GUID collection, they can contact their server owners (regardless of whether the server owners are running server manager or not)

Hi ,

yes i followed the instructions, but maybe im dyslectic or so and don't understand them correctly :)
in the instructions there is a few times a name called = install path
when i force "false" (default) the server runs, but still errors in the log as you could see in the attachement,
when i set this true i force to use steamcmd, tried that, same issue saying cannot find path steamcmd

just a suggestion : maybe for people like me its handy like content manager, the moment you open it for the first time , it give you a wizard and allready put your correct steamfolder for AC , just plug and play :)

i will search further and test

*EDIT*
- all working now , root folder assetto corsa was missing
- after starting a custom server it was not showing up = ipv6 issue at the end

thx for the "support"

Last edited:
Hi.
First of all, congratulation for this awesome work
I have a little problem with a championship configuration.
I'm configuring a championship with only one car class, and I don't need the users to select a skin, if I configure the registration form to NOT "Let users choose Car and Skin", after that I can't accept the registered users, getting an internal server error, and in the log I can see the following entries:

time="2019-08-29T21:50:57+02:00" level=error msg="Could not find class for car: in championship"
time="2019-08-29T21:50:57+02:00" level=error msg="couldn't add entrant to championship" error="servermanager: championship class not found"

Please, could you explain this issue, or any info about how to accept users with no car selected? (Remember is a single class champisonship?

Thanks in advance

Hi.
First of all, congratulation for this awesome work
I have a little problem with a championship configuration.
I'm configuring a championship with only one car class, and I don't need the users to select a skin, if I configure the registration form to NOT "Let users choose Car and Skin", after that I can't accept the registered users, getting an internal server error, and in the log I can see the following entries:

time="2019-08-29T21:50:57+02:00" level=error msg="Could not find class for car: in championship"
time="2019-08-29T21:50:57+02:00" level=error msg="couldn't add entrant to championship" error="servermanager: championship class not found"

Please, could you explain this issue, or any info about how to accept users with no car selected? (Remember is a single class champisonship?

Thanks in advance

Hi, this looks like a bug in server manager. I'll try and get it sorted for our next update!

I tried running 2 with different ports, different session_store_path but the same install_path
After opening 2 server managers I always get "Internal Server Error" when I open Cars & Setups page and any race editing page of one of the server manager (seems to be the one opened later), while other pages all seem to be working properly and 2 lobbies can be started at the same time with no issue.
btw the console says
Code:
Panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
Any tips on running multiple servers:O_o:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering