AC Server Manager

Misc AC Server Manager v1.7.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
V14.0 was working perfectly.
Switched to v14.2 and keep getting message: "the server seems to be unavailable"
after AC opens to car.
Tried fresh install of v14.0 and 14.2 same results.
Any ideas?
Thanks

I tried running 2 with different ports, different session_store_path but the same install_path
After opening 2 server managers I always get "Internal Server Error" when I open Cars & Setups page and any race editing page of one of the server manager (seems to be the one opened later), while other pages all seem to be working properly and 2 lobbies can be started at the same time with no issue.
btw the console says
Code:
Panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
Any tips on running multiple servers:O_o:

Hi Jach,

We're hoping to get a wiki post up about this in the future, it can be quite complicated! For now you'd be most likely to get good advice in our Discord channel.

It sounds like the search index is the problem (it's in the install_path, so you need separate install paths and symlinked content folders). I don't have any experience myself with doing this though, but I know some guys in the Discord do.

Hope that helps!

V14.0 was working perfectly.
Switched to v14.2 and keep getting message: "the server seems to be unavailable"
after AC opens to car.
Tried fresh install of v14.0 and 14.2 same results.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Hi Zman,

This is unlikely to be caused by the updates to server manager, does anything stand out to you in the server logs? When you went back to 1.4.0 did it work or was it still broken? Sounds to me like something else has changed to cause your issue!

Thanks

A) Great app! :thumbsup:

B) What do I need to do to get the "legal tyres" to show up? It the boxes are always empty, regardless of whatever car / mod I pick.

C) What do we need to do to be able to pick a fixed setup? It seems it's always locked to "No fixed setup", but I saw that under CONTENT it says "cars & setups" but then the whole description only mentions cars, so not exactly sure how to proceed here.

Thanks

This is the error message:

error msg="Could not send websocket message" error="write tcp 127.0.0.1:8772->127.0.0.1:54985: wsasend: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

A) Great app! :thumbsup:

B) What do I need to do to get the "legal tyres" to show up? It the boxes are always empty, regardless of whatever car / mod I pick.

C) What do we need to do to be able to pick a fixed setup? It seems it's always locked to "No fixed setup", but I saw that under CONTENT it says "cars & setups" but then the whole description only mentions cars, so not exactly sure how to proceed here.

Thanks

Hi Andreas,

Thanks very much!

B) If you have a look in assetto/manager/ks_tyres.ini wherever your AC server is installed you should see a list of legal tyres for the default content. If those are missing then that'll be your problem, they should come with the server when you download it. If not something else must be going on. For mod cars the tyre data should be uploaded when you upload the car, do your mod cars work other than this when you upload them?

C) If you go to the page for a car by clicking on it's name you can upload setups, once a car has setups uploaded you can turn on fixed setup.

Thanks

This is the error message:

error msg="Could not send websocket message" error="write tcp 127.0.0.1:8772->127.0.0.1:54985: wsasend: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

Hm, that's an interesting one. What's your hardware/software setup like? Are you using a dedicated server or hosting on a local machine? This could be caused by a firewall overstepping and blocking the port.

Thanks

Hm, that's an interesting one. What's your hardware/software setup like? Are you using a dedicated server or hosting on a local machine? This could be caused by a firewall overstepping and blocking the port.

Thanks

Same LAN setup I have always used. Same firewall settings, same ports open.
I had to go back to v1.3.4 to get a working connection. Something in Content Manager possibly?
v 1.3.4 doesn't seem to rely on CM like updated versions

Same LAN setup I have always used. Same firewall settings, same ports open.
I had to go back to v1.3.4 to get a working connection. Something in Content Manager possibly?
v 1.3.4 doesn't seem to rely on CM like updated versions

The updated versions don't rely on CM at all, they just have a little bit more integration. Nothing that would cause anything to stop working. There must be something else going on, it's also odd that 1.4.0 was working but now doesn't, something else must have changed.

Thinking on it that websocket message isn't really an issue, we use websockets for live timing, but that not working wouldn't stop people from being able to connect to the server. Have you still got the full logs?

Thanks

A small issuewhen the lobby restarts/jumps the session (automatically loops or use /restart_session, etc) the live timing stops working, it shows nothing but the session time count-down.
I remembered version 1.3.x did not have this issue

A small issuewhen the lobby restarts/jumps the session (automatically loops or use /restart_session, etc) the live timing stops working, it shows nothing but the session time count-down.
I remembered version 1.3.x did not have this issue

Hi Jach,

Does it fix on page refresh or do you need to restart the server to get the live timing back?

We'll do some more extensive testing soon but I'm pretty sure we're not seeing this issue at all, which will make the problem difficult to track down. Using /restart_session can cause some oddities, but this shouldn't be happening when the server moves to the next session.

Thanks

Hi Jach,

Does it fix on page refresh or do you need to restart the server to get the live timing back?

We'll do some more extensive testing soon but I'm pretty sure we're not seeing this issue at all, which will make the problem difficult to track down. Using /restart_session can cause some oddities, but this shouldn't be happening when the server moves to the next session.

Thanks
Thanks for the reply.

I do need to stop and start the server again to get the live timing back. Refreshing the page we'll see an empty track (before refreshing we can see drivers on the map but are just static)

We get error messages on the server manager console:

Code:
time="2019-09-17T13:08:47+08:00" level=error msg="Unable to handle event: 53" error="racecontrol: could not find DriverGUID for CarID: 0"
(BTW these messages appear 4 times a second when "refresh_interval_ms" is set to 250ms)
xNqgAKZ.png

After further tests I see this happens when a race ends and starts the weekend again (both automatically or /next_session. If a race has two rounds, it happens after the last round ends.
If a server only has practice, /restart_session or /next_session won't cause the problem/. Using /next_session in a qualifying to skip to rac, or /restart_session during the race won't cause it either.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

I do need to stop and start the server again to get the live timing back. Refreshing the page we'll see an empty track (before refreshing we can see drivers on the map but are just static)

We get error messages on the server manager console:

Code:
time="2019-09-17T13:08:47+08:00" level=error msg="Unable to handle event: 53" error="racecontrol: could not find DriverGUID for CarID: 0"
(BTW these messages appear 4 times a second when "refresh_interval_ms" is set to 250ms)
xNqgAKZ.png

After further tests I see this happens when a race ends and starts the weekend again (both automatically or /next_session. If a race has two rounds, it happens after the last round ends.
If a server only has practice, /restart_session or /next_session won't cause the problem/. Using /next_session in a qualifying to skip to rac, or /restart_session during the race won't cause it either.

Okay thanks for the info! We'll try and replicate this on our end then patch it if we can.

Thanks

i have strange error integrating stracker, my config is (linux SO):
#######
# each executable specified is run from the directory it is inside, for example,
# the command: ../stracker/stracker_linux_x86/stracker --stracker_ini stracker-default.ini
# now actually performs the following two commands:
#
# 1. cd ./stracker/stracker_linux_x86
# 2. ./stracker --stracker_ini stracker-default.ini
run_on_start: ./stracker_linux_x86/stracker --stracker_ini stracker-default.ini
# uncomment the line below for stracker on Linux

# uncomment the line below for stracker on Windows
# - ./stracker/stracker.exe --stracker_ini stracker.ini

######

but i have the following error:
!!! An Error Occurred !!!
-------------------------
Failed to initialise server manager.
Your configuration file is probably incorrect, or you haven't followed the instructions in the README properly.
Please carefully check that your options are set correctly.
Error Details
The error occurred attempting to: Read configuration file (config.yml)
The error more specifically is: yaml: unmarshal errors:
line 221: cannot unmarshal !!str `./strac...` into []string

thanks

i have strange error integrating stracker, my config is (linux SO):
#######
# each executable specified is run from the directory it is inside, for example,
# the command: ../stracker/stracker_linux_x86/stracker --stracker_ini stracker-default.ini
# now actually performs the following two commands:
#
# 1. cd ./stracker/stracker_linux_x86
# 2. ./stracker --stracker_ini stracker-default.ini
run_on_start: ./stracker_linux_x86/stracker --stracker_ini stracker-default.ini
# uncomment the line below for stracker on Linux

# uncomment the line below for stracker on Windows
# - ./stracker/stracker.exe --stracker_ini stracker.ini

######

but i have the following error:
!!! An Error Occurred !!!
Failed to initialise server manager.
Your configuration file is probably incorrect, or you haven't followed the instructions in the README properly.
Please carefully check that your options are set correctly.
Error Details
The error occurred attempting to: Read configuration file (config.yml)
The error more specifically is: yaml: unmarshal errors:
line 221: cannot unmarshal !!str `./strac...` into []string

thanks

Hi!

Looks to me like you removed part of the run on start command that needs to be there, and formatted it wrong. It should look like this:

run_on_start:
- ./stracker/stracker_linux_x86/stracker --stracker_ini stracker.ini

The preceding - is required, and the command should be on the next line with two spaces before it. .yml files are quite particular about formatting.

Thanks, hope that fixes it for you!

Hi!

Looks to me like you removed part of the run on start command that needs to be there, and formatted it wrong. It should look like this:

run_on_start:
- ./stracker/stracker_linux_x86/stracker --stracker_ini stracker.ini

The preceding - is required, and the command should be on the next line with two spaces before it. .yml files are quite particular about formatting.

Thanks, hope that fixes it for you!

thanks

I am getting the following error when trying to upload a few cars:

time="2019-09-24T19:55:08-04:00" level=error msg="could not decode Car file data" error="illegal base64 data at input byte 4"
time="2019-09-24T19:55:08-04:00" level=error msg="couldn't upload file" error="illegal base64 data at input byte 4"

Can anyone help with this issue?

I am getting the following error when trying to upload a few cars:

time="2019-09-24T19:55:08-04:00" level=error msg="could not decode Car file data" error="illegal base64 data at input byte 4"
time="2019-09-24T19:55:08-04:00" level=error msg="couldn't upload file" error="illegal base64 data at input byte 4"

Can anyone help with this issue?

Hi,

What browser are you using to upload? This is usually caused by Edge/IE, try Chrome if you haven't already.

Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back