AC Server Manager

Misc AC Server Manager v1.7.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi:
Server opens correctly to start a race but I can only get one car available to race when 2 people are trying to race on a LAN. How do I make more than one car of the same make available?
Thanks

When choosing a time for SOL weather, it says "Asia/Shanghai" but it's actually circuit's local time. So I want this "(Asia/Shanghai)" to be removed.
Also, when pressing SAVE to save the custom race and edit again, the time will become the time + 8 hours, which is 21:00 so every time we want to edit again even only change the circuit we use, we should always set the time again which is kind of annoying.

Hi:
Server opens correctly to start a race but I can only get one car available to race when 2 people are trying to race on a LAN. How do I make more than one car of the same make available?
Thanks

Hi,

I'm assuming that you're using custom race. Have you added two entrants in the entry list? You need an entrant for each driver, even if they are in the same car.

Thanks

When choosing a time for SOL weather, it says "Asia/Shanghai" but it's actually circuit's local time. So I want this "(Asia/Shanghai)" to be removed.
Also, when pressing SAVE to save the custom race and edit again, the time will become the time + 8 hours, which is 21:00 so every time we want to edit again even only change the circuit we use, we should always set the time again which is kind of annoying.

Hi,

You're right there's no reason to display time zone in there, we'll get that sorted. In terms of the start time jumping forwards, that's very odd, we'll have a look into it.

Thanks for bringing these to our attention!

Hi!
Cool tool but there is a small problem with booking session, pickup mode and locked entry list.

Server Manager sets:

- Booking active -> PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED = 0 and LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST = 0
OK

- No booking and entry list not locked -> PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED = 1 and LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST = 0
OK

- No booking and locked entry list -> PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED = 0 and LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST = 0
ERROR !!!

In the last case (no booking + locked entry list) it must be:
PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED = 1 and LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST = 1

From the AC dedicated server doc:
"PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED = 1; if 0 the server start in booking mode (do not use it)"

The original server manager in AC folder and Content Manager in case of no booking + locked entry list set both flags to 1..... and the server works always pefect!
From AC Server Manger I must edit the cfg file after the start of server and restart it!

For this reason I use a old version of AC server manager that works ok.

Thank you very much for your work and for the support!

Hi,

Thanks very much!

These settings have always been a pain, as you say originally that is how it worked on Server Manager, but some users reported bugs and we were led to believe that LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST was entirely replaced by PICKUP_MODE and that it should not be used at all. (Note that booking mode mostly depends on the session being enabled)

Our internal testing reflects this, and as it currently is locked entry list without booking mode works fine for us, what behaviour are you expecting but not seeing?

Thanks

Thanks very much!
what behaviour are you expecting but not seeing?

Hi Hecrer and thank you for the answer.

90% of situations is probably OK but in certain and special case ist wrong.
For example if booking=N and locked_entry_list=1 after a kick in practice session (I have a tool that kicks who has sol or mandatory apps inactive) the driver can reconnect to the server but has always a wrong GUID (special ID of AC server only for kicked Users)
More drivers kicked? For all drivers the same special ID!!

In the same situation If pickup=1 and locked_entry_list=1 the server worsk good and the GUID is correct after reconnection too (naturally no ban after kick).

I think that PICKUP_MODE does not replace LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST, simply:
Booking=Y --> pickup_mode=0 + locked_entry_list=0 (and empty entry_list.cfg)
Booking=N --> pickup_mode=1 + locked_entry_list=0/1 (user choice)

I make other tests but I'm 99% sure......

Hi Hecrer and thank you for the answer.

90% of situations is probably OK but in certain and special case ist wrong.
For example if booking=N and locked_entry_list=1 after a kick in practice session (I have a tool that kicks who has sol or mandatory apps inactive) the driver can reconnect to the server but has always a wrong GUID (special ID of AC server only for kicked Users)
More drivers kicked? For all drivers the same special ID!!

In the same situation If pickup=1 and locked_entry_list=1 the server worsk good and the GUID is correct after reconnection too (naturally no ban after kick).

I think that PICKUP_MODE does not replace LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST, simply:
Booking=Y --> pickup_mode=0 + locked_entry_list=0 (and empty entry_list.cfg)
Booking=N --> pickup_mode=1 + locked_entry_list=0/1 (user choice)

I make other tests but I'm 99% sure......

Okay that's an interesting one! We hadn't considered that Assetto would ever modify a GUID, they like throwing curveballs at us. We'll test this out and verify we see the same behaviour then try your fix. Thanks a lot for pointing it out!

Okay that's an interesting one! We hadn't considered that Assetto would ever modify a GUID, they like throwing curveballs at us. We'll test this out and verify we see the same behaviour then try your fix. Thanks a lot for pointing it out!

For info: I edited two source files and built the manager as I described. It's perfect now!

Is there a way to disable the entire live timing not just the live map? I think it's causing much CPU usage when a car enters the server. If we use a Virtual Private Server with 1 core (price too high if we order a multi-core VPS) rather than our PC, to open an AC server, the CPU usage will immediately boost to 100% when only 1 car in the server and the high CPU usage is causing high server latency when the network ping is actually less than 30 ms.:( If we just use AC's original server manager to setup the server (which is very inconvenient compared to your Server Manager:() and open the server running acserver.exe the CPU usage is very low when there're cars in the server.

Is there a way to disable the entire live timing not just the live map? I think it's causing much CPU usage when a car enters the server. If we use a Virtual Private Server with 1 core (price too high if we order a multi-core VPS) rather than our PC, to open an AC server, the CPU usage will immediately boost to 100% when only 1 car in the server and the high CPU usage is causing high server latency when the network ping is actually less than 30 ms.:( If we just use AC's original server manager to setup the server (which is very inconvenient compared to your Server Manager:() and open the server running acserver.exe the CPU usage is very low when there're cars in the server.

Hi Jach,

We hadn't considered this before! I see no reason why we couldn't put an option in for slower hardware that turns off some of the extra gubbins. I'll have a look into this.

Thanks

Hello, I have a question. Would it be possible to make Sol weather update based on reality? (Using some kind of weather API eg: https://openweathermap.org). Also would it be possible to add possibility set download url for custom mods so that client with Content Manger could download it?
Thanks.

Hecrer updated AC Server Manager with a new update entry:

Entry List Order

Just a small, but important update to fix an issue that a few users have been experiencing. 1.4 is just around the corner and has a great set of new features and improvements, we just need a bit more time to test!

Fixes:

* Fixed an entry list issue that made some cars impossible to connect to if the pit ID selection had a gap in it. Any gaps in the pit IDs will now be closed automatically (e.g. 1-2-4 becomes 0-1-2). If you want gaps in your entry list please add dummy cars to it.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,

First of all this looks like a great tool! Unfortunately, I can't get it to work... Get the following error:

time="2019-08-06T20:46:54+02:00" level=error msg="could not read from UDP" error="read udp 127.0.0.1:54199->127.0.0.1:54198: use of closed network connection"
time="2019-08-06T20:46:55+02:00" level=error msg="Couldn't send session info udp request. Breaking loop." error="servermanager: no open UDP connection found"

I however did open both the UDP and TCP ports as entered under settings in the Windows firewall (I'm on Windows 10), as well as the HTTP port on both UDP and TCP.
Does anybody have any advice? FYI, I also can't get the AC server to work using the normal AC server, while I can get the ACC server to work on the same UDP and TCP ports.

Cheers!

Hi,

First of all this looks like a great tool! Unfortunately, I can't get it to work... Get the following error:

time="2019-08-06T20:46:54+02:00" level=error msg="could not read from UDP" error="read udp 127.0.0.1:54199->127.0.0.1:54198: use of closed network connection"
time="2019-08-06T20:46:55+02:00" level=error msg="Couldn't send session info udp request. Breaking loop." error="servermanager: no open UDP connection found"

I however did open both the UDP and TCP ports as entered under settings in the Windows firewall (I'm on Windows 10), as well as the HTTP port on both UDP and TCP.
Does anybody have any advice? FYI, I also can't get the AC server to work using the normal AC server, while I can get the ACC server to work on the same UDP and TCP ports.

Cheers!
We always see this error message but the only error is the message itself, which means our server always runs normally without any porblems despite that message so we just ignore that...

We always see this error message but the only error is the message itself, which means our server always runs normally without any porblems despite that message so we just ignore that...
Thanks for replying. I do however not see the server showing up in Content Manager, neither under Kunos, nor under LAN.

Thanks for replying. I do however not see the server showing up in Content Manager, neither under Kunos, nor under LAN.

Hi,

We're changing that error for the next update to just be a warning, it is technically an error but it throws a lot of people!

It's odd that you can get ACC working but not AC (I'm assuming you're not trying to run both at the same time). Have you opened the ports on your router as well? Only opening them in your firewall won't work for AC, and if I remember correctly ACC works without needing any router setting changes.

Thanks

Hi,

We're changing that error for the next update to just be a warning, it is technically an error but it throws a lot of people!

It's odd that you can get ACC working but not AC (I'm assuming you're not trying to run both at the same time). Have you opened the ports on your router as well? Only opening them in your firewall won't work for AC, and if I remember correctly ACC works without needing any router setting changes.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice to look at the router settings! That made the difference.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.