2018 12 Hours of Sebring (Live Stream)

ahh that horrible audi sound (also on ford)! is it brakes or downshift?
From what I remember from the Bathurst stream (obviously talking about the Audi) John Hindhaugh said that when you get on full throttle the cars shut some things off (e.g. AC) to get max power out of the engine and the noise is when you get off the throttle and the things switch back on

Bathurst, Sebring you name it, GT racing is taking off in a big way and the timing couldn't have been better IMO.

• Deleted member 387850

ahh that horrible audi sound (also on ford)! is it brakes or downshift?

From what I remember from the Bathurst stream (obviously talking about the Audi) John Hindhaugh said that when you get on full throttle the cars shut some things off (e.g. AC) to get max power out of the engine and the noise is when you get off the throttle and the things switch back on

This came up in the Daytona 24 chat and it was also asked to the IMSA Radio crew who seemed equally confused about the sound. In the end a race engineer got in contact to confirm it's the Mega-Line gearbox - http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/daytona-24-hour-discussion-thread.146546/page-6#post-2674769

This came up in the Daytona 24 chat and it was also asked to the IMSA Radio crew who seemed equally confused about the sound. In the end a race engineer got in contact to confirm it's the Mega-Line gearbox - http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/daytona-24-hour-discussion-thread.146546/page-6#post-2674769
Cool. Good to get a definitive answer! It's not on every downshift though like some sound mods have it, although knowing nothing about sound modding, I don't know how you'd replicate it properly. Hopefully Kunos can do it in ACC. Hopefully they will have better sounds this time around as well.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.