2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned

Cars 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
No, I don't mind at all. I'd have to question the philosophical validity of complaining about someone modifying what is itself a modified car... :D

And anyway, the possibility of a map function does exist with that head unit. I haven't done it in mine but that's not to say you can't do it in "yours."
shouldn't it have had just one color then ? :p

Sure, I'll fix that in the next update. :rolleyes:

No, it has multiple colors because it's not practical to only have one in a video game. But I'm not going to open a WRX mod buffet for everyone who wants this or that bit added to make requests. If you want an STI wing for foglight covers or right hand drive or stock gauges or an STI you're more than welcome to make your own mod.

(Anyway, if I did change anything in the fog light area it would be a set of brake cooling ducts.)

Last edited:
speaking of fog lights ( and I might have already said this) there is no light emmitted from those on to the ground, would be nice to add for a bit of more immersion

We had the same thought. I couldn't find any emissive lights that were keyed to the foglight on/off toggle, though - did I miss something? I'll gladly add it if someone can point out some example code. :)

We had the same thought. I couldn't find any emissive lights that were keyed to the foglight on/off toggle, though - did I miss something? I'll gladly add it if someone can point out some example code. :)
it can certainly work

[LIGHT_EXTRA_0] ; lightcone daytime running lights
BIND_TO_EXTRA_A=1 ; if "1" on/off with "Alt+NUMPAD7" for players car only;
COLOR=2, 2.5, 2, 2
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=0.88
EXTERIOR_ONLY=0
INTERIOR_ONLY=0
FADE_AT=200;5
FADE_SMOOTH=5
MIRROR=0
POSITION=0.62, 0.49, 1.80
DIRECTION=0.3, -0.5, 1
RANGE=100;1.25
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.5
SPECULAR_MULT=3
SPOT=90;120
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.1

Hmm, there's a problem there if it uses one of the LIGHT_EXTRA slots. Are those still limited to 4 per car? I'm already using all 4.

Edit: well, seems not. Got it working (had to use 2 additional lights - mirroring wasn't behaving properly) and the cockpit glow is still all good. Seems like we're set!

Now I gotta see a man about a wiper...

Last edited:
what else do you use the extra for ?? cause those are all the lights that are only on/off with numpad 7.8 .. are they not?

what about wiper?, do you use discord btw?
Patrik Marek#2379

btw I never tried if there is a limit but yes, you can use mirror ( I learned about it today) and it seems taht you can also do
LIGHT_EXTRA_A_1 .....

edit, ah no, it was EMISSIVE_EXTRA_A_0

Last edited:
Yeah, mirror wasn't working for me at all. It would make a pair of lights, but one which was far too wide for the car. Adjusting it laterally moved the entire pair left or right without changing the spacing... I don't have much patience for troubleshooting crap that doesn't work intuitively so I just said f--- it and made two individual lights instead.

The existing four extra lights are for the dash glow - a green and orange for the main cluster, red for the AFR gauge and a brighter green for the boost gauge. (And they're tied to headlights on/off.)

Last edited:
You can use mirror if lights are pointing in front. Pe, on the above code POSITION=0, 0.49, 1.80 (haven't tested current coords, sorry) and then MIRROR=0.62, but that would only work for DIRECTION=0, -0.5, 1 , else they'd point to the same side (edit: unless intended). Btw, at least in EU the fog lights range can't go further in range than low beams ( and afaik they can't point to the left too), so 30m max. But given the -0.5, that would have to be extended a bit.

Last edited:
Ok, that'd do it. I was treating MIRROR like a 0/1 toggle. :x3:

Give this a shot:

[LIGHT_EXTRA_4]
BIND_TO_EXTRA_A=1
COLOR=1, 0.8, 0.65, 5
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=0.75
EXTERIOR_ONLY=0
INTERIOR_ONLY=0
FADE_AT=10
FADE_SMOOTH=5
MIRROR=0.64
POSITION=0,0.35,1.95
DIRECTION=0,0,1
RANGE=15
SPECULAR_MULT=3
SPOT=90
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5

Last edited:
Don't trust me so much on this, I'm a pedant when compared to those who know what they're doing, specially when matching to real looks, and not just quick troubleshooting. And this is one of those scenarios.

By checking the above, if you want them pointing in front, I think the position should be closer to the following to match 3d (again, a quick eyeball):
MIRROR=0.61
POSITION=0,0.31,2.01

The problem with them atm is that if you don't cut them upwards in some way, they'll unnaturally illuminate above along with the expected wider spot that is required to illuminate to the sides of the road (probably on your car it'll be spot= >100), while real fog lights that can be used along with low beams usually have an upper cut (and to the other lane) so not to blind other drivers. That was why presume Marek suggested -0.5 (mid coord in direction) above to keep their upper cone bellow the one of the headlights (you can check the lines on the debug app), but that would then require to move the position more in front so not to illuminate under the bumper after pointing them down, and extend their range value to keep it roughly the same as before, because the greatest range point will now be buried under ground.

I have no idea if it's possible to control that sort of stuff using SECOND SPOT (like the dual cones you see on headlights with the debug app, but I could never make it show on a light_extra), or with LINE_FROM/LINE_TO. So I'll retreat and wait for someone to advise you better on this. :unsure:

One thing I've noticed in the current version is that the [LIGHT_HEADLIGHT_0] color multiplier is very high for the base color value, 40 ATM, so it'll make its lights much brighter when compared to most road cars ingame.

I think I have the headlights at x30 right now... that one's hard to tune. At 3am @ Nords 40 is completely incapable of providing enough illumination to actually drive by, while in the daytime 30 is like having military-grade searchlights on the car.

As for the fogs, yeah, I haven't done any proper config to direction or placement yet, this is just "blocking them in to see if they work" stage. The fewer variables the better so I can make sense of it. (This is not my home turf...) The overall light throw and rough placement suits me - I need lights to illuminate the inner surface of their bezel or body cutout or I get triggered - but I'm sure they can be better adjusted. :)

the mult multiplies RGB valuves, so if your values are low, the mult will be higher and you still get about same amount of light

I was just doing foglights on EvoraGX andused these values, they are angled down a bit, and alos bit "outside/ toe out" to illuminate more of the sides then directly front

[LIGHT_EXTRA_1] ; lightcone daytime running lights
BIND_TO_EXTRA_A=1 ; if "1" on/off with "Alt+NUMPAD7" for players car only;
COLOR=3.5, 4, 0.1, 2
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=0.88
EXTERIOR_ONLY=0
INTERIOR_ONLY=0
FADE_AT=200;5
FADE_SMOOTH=5
MIRROR=0.5
POSITION=0, 0.49, 1.80
DIRECTION=0.3, -0.5, 1
RANGE=67870;1.25
SPECULAR_MULT=3
SPOT=110;120
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.1

It's tough to match up with RL entirely as the real one doesn't let you turn on the foglights independently from the headlights. (Main lights have to be on for the fogs to be active.) So I wasn't able to get a clear picture of their light cone. Also the driver's side foglight is out on my car so I only have the one side to work with... nevertheless I have the cone set up with about the right leading edge on the pavement, about the right amount of the front lip illuminated, and what seems about right for the horizontal spread. Let me know how this looks:

[LIGHT_EXTRA_4]
BIND_TO_EXTRA_A=1
COLOR=1, 0.8, 0.65, 5
EXTERIOR_ONLY=0
INTERIOR_ONLY=0
FADE_AT=12
FADE_SMOOTH=5
MIRROR=0.62
POSITION=0,0.34,2.00
DIRECTION=-0.00,-0.20,1
RANGE=18
SPECULAR_MULT=3
SPOT=90
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5

It's tough to match up with RL entirely as the real one doesn't let you turn on the foglights independently from the headlights. (Main lights have to be on for the fogs to be active.) So I wasn't able to get a clear picture of their light cone. Also the driver's side foglight is out on my car so I only have the one side to work with... nevertheless I have the cone set up with about the right leading edge on the pavement, about the right amount of the front lip illuminated, and what seems about right for the horizontal spread. Let me know how this looks:

[LIGHT_EXTRA_4]
BIND_TO_EXTRA_A=1
COLOR=1, 0.8, 0.65, 5
EXTERIOR_ONLY=0
INTERIOR_ONLY=0
FADE_AT=12
FADE_SMOOTH=5
MIRROR=0.62
POSITION=0,0.34,2.00
DIRECTION=-0.00,-0.20,1
RANGE=18
SPECULAR_MULT=3
SPOT=90
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.5
You could have covered the headlight with anything :) but anyhow

Compared to hownwrong some other cars are , I wouldn't worry about it

Yep... still wouldn't be able to determine how the driver's side light is aimed, but I could probably get a couple of my thicker hoodies and black out the main lights if I had to. I'm satisfied with this unless you guys spot some other noob mistakes, though. :D

Yep... still wouldn't be able to determine how the driver's side light is aimed, but I could probably get a couple of my thicker hoodies and black out the main lights if I had to. I'm satisfied with this unless you guys spot some other noob mistakes, though. :D
no worries ,
if this could have "IES" light profiles, so that you could get exact shape of the light, then maybe :) but for these simple spot lights, it's bit overkill

you would get these kind of ( and better) results
BZ8u0Z4.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back