2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned

Cars 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
aphidgod submitted a new resource:

2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned - Perfectly normal Subaru.

XbgDcn9.jpg

Finally, after five years of work & trying to get a release together for at least the last 3, it's ready. This is the Assetto Corsa incarnation of my real-life daily driver/project car. I bought the car secondhand in 2010 and left it alone for the 3 years it remained under warranty. At one point the front control arms were recalled by Subaru over rust concerns and I decided to just go ahead and replace them with aluminum arms from the STI. At...

Read more about this resource...

pJYWgkF.jpg

Engine
  • Cobb short ram air intake
  • Silicone intake hoses, silicone Tomei turbo inlet
  • Forced Performance 71HTA turbo (51lb/min flow) internal wastegate
  • Grimmspeed top-mount intercooler
  • Synchronic diverter valve (blowoff/bypass valve) set up as fully-recirculating, like stock
  • Proflow Design ported OEM throttle body
  • IAG billet aluminum TGV deletes
  • Lightly ported/polished & gasket-matched cylinder heads, fresh build spring 2017
  • Ported/polished + gasket-matched stock exhaust manifold
  • Grimmspeed uppipe, crosspipe, divorced-wastegate downpipe with cat, all gaskets
  • MadDad Whisper 3" catback exhaust - quietest 3" system on the market
  • Okada Projects coilpacks + boots
  • Denso Iridium spark plugs, 1 step colder
  • Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors, AEM 320lph fuel pump (for E85)
  • Cobb fuel pressure monitor + flex-fuel sensor (yes, a flex-fuel capable GD)
  • Grimmspeed lightweight crankshaft pulley, boost control solenoid, turbo heat shield
  • Tomei billet timing belt guide, head gasket, ARP head studs/hardware
  • Killer B strengthened oil pickup + improved windage tray
  • Omni 4-bar MAP sensor
Driveline
  • South Bend Clutch stage 3 organic-disc clutch w/ lightened flywheel
  • JDM Spec C Type RA gear set (1-5) with stock 3.7 final drive and reverse
  • Modena torque-biasing front differential
  • Moore Performance transmission "blast plates" (gearset girdle)
  • DSS one-piece carbon fiber driveshaft
  • Subaru Group N motor/transmission/rear diff carrier mounts
  • SuperPro billet pitch-stop mount
  • Braided stainless steel clutch line
Suspension
  • Racecomp Engineering "Regular Guy" Black springs (285F/265R lb/in)
  • Fixed-perch 30-step adjustable dampers from Feal Suspension
  • Subaru Group-N tophats at all 4 corners, poly bushes for all the links and arms F/R
  • STI Spec C front lower control arms
  • Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit (eliminates the OEM anti- geometry almost entirely)
  • Whiteline Roll Center Kit (extended ball joints and tie rods to correct for ~1" drop)
  • "Free Caster Mod" (A Subaru thing. Does what it says.)
  • Whiteline 24mm adjustable ARBs at both ends (2-way front, 3-way rear) w/ poly bushes
  • Kartboy billet aluminum ARB end links w/ poly bushes
  • Camber bolts (front)
  • MSI billet adjustable lateral links (rear)
  • MSI tubular chromoly trailing arms (rear) - shorter than stock to adjust for ~1" drop
Brakes
  • Stoptech slotted rotors
  • Project Mu B-Force pads (street/track)
  • Braided stainless lines
  • High-temp racing fluid
  • ^ It's ready for track days - the stock brakes are good - but this is still a street braking setup.
  • APR front brake ducts - approximated in game, not installed (yet) IRL
Chassis/body/misc
  • AutoMeter 52mm 30PSI boost gauge + digital wideband oxygen sensor/gauge
  • SMY Clustermaker gauge pod for stealthy mounting of 2 gauges
  • Turn-in Concepts fender cowl braces
  • CarLabs Development rear X-brace
  • Rear subframe lock bolts, poly outrigger bushings
  • SuperPro poly steering rack bushings, Turn-in Concepts poly shift linkage bushings (assorted)
  • EarthX lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) battery; 7.7lbs
  • Secondary air pump system delete - not pictured
  • Mishimoto all-aluminum radiator (~30% increased capacity vs. stock)
  • Oswald Racing aluminum bumper beams (F/R) - done in game, not (yet) IRL
  • JDM Red hazard button, S204 climate control knobs, Legacy (?) shift knob
  • All interior plastic trim panels repainted in Crystal Grey Metallic (body color) by me
  • Enkei PF01 wheels (17x8") - 17.4lb/ea (stock wheels = 23lbs) - not pictured
  • Yokohama Advan AD08R (summer) or Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (all-seasons in winter) - 235/45/17
Tuning
  • All tuning (and datalogging) is done with a Cobb Accessport v3 with a full flex-fuel retrofit
  • All mapping work is done by Eric Minehart of Torqued Performance, who is an actual wizard

Wz6Wmin.jpg

eIKMKf6.jpg

Last edited:
Car has blank AO in the KN5 and 8mb .dds in every skin which is very inefficient. AO template could use a render that is actually readable.

Other than that great work as usual.

I love this car. Like all of your cars, its handling is sublime.

I do hope LODs will come.

In the meantime, I could save my GPU from overexerting itself by setting up races with other (perhaps Japanese) cars on the grid. Would you be able to give an idea of which Japanese cars in AC's roster (including Kyuubey's data replacements) would be suitable opponents on a grid?

It looks great, but it seems to be missing the LODs. Perhaps that could be done in the future?
Maybe, once we polish the last bits, but not now, it'll be a nightmare to update along the rest of the LOD models. So being a road car is not a priority, really.

Car has blank AO in the KN5 and 8mb .dds in every skin which is very inefficient. AO template could use a render that is actually readable.

Other than that great work as usual.
There's a reason for that, nothing inefficient about it. Skin folders below 20mb are perfectly fine, no need to include the 8mb file on the kn5.

There's a reason for that, nothing inefficient about it. Skin folders below 20mb are perfectly fine, no need to include the 8mb file on the kn5.

I mean, it gets loaded into memory either way. The difference is including a single 8mb file in the KN5 or including 12 of them in skins folder.
Why not just bake it in 1024 if size is an issue?

Last edited:
I mean, it gets loaded into memory either way. The difference is including a single 8mb file in the KN5 or including 12 of them in skins folder.
That's my point, nothing inefficient about it. And it's not blank, it's AO, does it's job.

The diffuse texture inside the kn5 is blank. I'm well aware that actual AO is in skins and what it does. But hey if it's more efficient that way then I guess kunos and everyone else has been doing it wrong ever since.

• Deleted member 223075

How can it be possible that the engine at 0rpm produce 156Nm ?

The diffuse texture inside the kn5 is blank. I'm well aware that actual AO is in skins and what it does. But hey if it's more efficient that way then I guess kunos and everyone else has been doing it wrong ever since.
Never said it's more efficient... just telling you there's nothing inefficient about the way it's done now, like you pointed out. No need to do a low res 1024 map either. Yeah Kunos did that, it was 2014... :whistling:

Never said it's more efficient... just telling you there's nothing inefficient about the way it's done now, like you pointed out. No need to do a low res 1024 map either. Yeah Kunos did that, it was 2014... :whistling:
It's only inefficient in that you have to copy it to every new skin. Personally, I agree that it makes more sense for it to just be in the kn5 (why necessitate copying it every time if you don't need to?).

I have RCE "Regular Guy" springs on GTWorx bilstein suspension and whiteline RSB on my 2011 wrx. I put your mod list in the description of the car in CM. You have a CF driveshaft IRL? Daaaaaaaaaaang.

Oh, one small surprise was when I clicked on the fogs and I freaked out because they are the perfect color. LOL

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back