2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned

Cars 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Perfect suspension for a bumpy track, and what a beautiful car...

Screenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_pk_gunma_cycle_sports_center_26-5-120-17-20-56.jpg

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure about the 70s driver either. I've always run this locally with the no-helmet driver (realism!) but we decided it was going to cause too much hassle for the release. Dan popped this one in its place, presumably to point out that I was born in the 70s and I'm old. :D

I... may go with a more modern one. Still a bit on the fence, but it is a post-2k car.

If you want to change him that code is in driver3d.ini in the data folder. You can then pick colors for the suit/helmet/gloves in each skin's skin.ini. (And the data folder's open until 1.0, so you don't even have to waste 2 seconds unpacking this one in CM.)

Would be cool to have used the no helmet guy, but it needed a whole new folder structure and setup, besides using part of another mod, so I figured it was too much trouble for something so simple.
This way is easy to change for anyone with typing knowledge by using any of the default Kunos drivers :)

I have RCE "Regular Guy" springs on GTWorx bilstein suspension and whiteline RSB on my 2011 wrx. I put your mod list in the description of the car in CM. You have a CF driveshaft IRL? Daaaaaaaaaaang.

Oh, one small surprise was when I clicked on the fogs and I freaked out because they are the perfect color. LOL

Here it is at the shop on installation day. Lovely piece. (And no weird vibrations or noises so far. You'd never even know it's there.)

E7o76Bl.jpg

other than the amazing 3d modelling, the lighing on the dashboard and all that extra CSP stuff makes it a real good experience. Because even if it's a driving simulation, some people love these stupid details, other people love skinning cars

I spent a solid evening on the dash lighting, and yes, I went back and forth from the PC to the car outside several times to make sure I was getting it right... I especially like how it worked out with the green and orange glow from the main cluster - in the real one you get flashes of both colors reflected on the column from both the faces and the pointers. I tried to make it work as best it could.

Fog light color (all exterior lighting config except the front turn signal reflectors) is 100% Dan. :thumbsup:

great car man! for everyone who wants to do slides like ken block id suggest using the tire trainer to make some tires, i used the trainer and the tires let it slide and ive a 2:35 on highlands drift, anyways this car is great haha thanks for creating this masterpiece

Hi! Great job on the car. I have noticed one small thing though. Some of the csp features don't show up. I'm missing trip odometer, temperature and time. After quick look on you tube's existing content on the car, it seems I'm not the only one. All the videos show a similar issue, apart from the one by Abgefahren. I have a correct version of csp - 0.1.52. I have pretty much all of the extensions active, but even switching everything to default doesn't help matters.

Amazing mod, amazing drive
sorry about the pavement...
takes some serious skills to exploit its full potential !

ps,; i noticed an icon from the door instruments that goes crazy when opening the left door in the showroom

Attachments

• Screenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_la_canyons_26-5-120-19-52-43_accumulation.jpg
    Screenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_la_canyons_26-5-120-19-52-43_accumulation.jpg
    637.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_la_canyons_26-5-120-19-54-43_accumulation.jpg
    Screenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_la_canyons_26-5-120-19-54-43_accumulation.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_la_canyons_26-5-120-19-49-47_accumulation.jpg
    Screenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_la_canyons_26-5-120-19-49-47_accumulation.jpg
    879.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_la_canyons_26-5-120-20-27-41_accumulation.jpg
    Screenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_la_canyons_26-5-120-20-27-41_accumulation.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 133
Hi! Great job on the car. I have noticed one small thing though. Some of the csp features don't show up. I'm missing trip odometer, temperature and time. After quick look on you tube's existing content on the car, it seems I'm not the only one. All the videos show a similar issue, apart from the one by Abgefahren. I have a correct version of csp - 0.1.52. I have pretty much all of the extensions active, but even switching everything to default doesn't help matters.
See? that's why I never messed with these things. Everyone requests all this tricky stuff, and when it doesn't work, complains to us.
It is not our fault, so talk to the CSP developer to see what's going on.

See? that's why I never messed with these things. Everyone requests all this tricky stuff, and when it doesn't work, complains to us.
It is not our fault, so talk to the CSP developer to see what's going on.
I’ve never been the one requesting it actually. I wouldn’t really call it a complaint either. I was just asking in case the solution was obvious. Forgive me for not feeling guilty then... ;)

I’ve never been the one requesting it actually. I wouldn’t really call it a complaint either. I was just asking in case the solution was obvious. Forgive me for not feeling guilty then... ;)
I wish there was something obvious in regards of CSP but there isn't. Constant developing / changing things only leads to problems, people running different versions, things not working for some, etc.
It is a complain about something not working, no need to feel guilty about it. Maybe I was a little harsh, but also understand a lot of effort went into this, for having to deal with these "small things" that are beyond our control.

I remember we had better luck with the odometer when we had either Stereo's app or Sidekick installed and synced up but I don't know if that's strictly necessary.

I remember we had better luck with the odometer when we had either Stereo's app or Sidekick installed and synced up but I don't know if that's strictly necessary.
No there's no need for an app. There are examples for either digital and Analog odometers on some kunos cars. Also on some ripped cars too. I can send you pm if you want though after this amazing job there's really no need to add those if it means a pita for both of you. It's pretty understandable though I haven't had any issues with the cars thst have odometer working along the latest updates of csp. So it's not csp to blame either.

Edit
Scracht that lol it's working correctly on my side lol, didn't even realized until now and it has very detailed odometer. I'm running 0.1.60 CSP

Last edited:
Could you please do two things, the first is to check if under vanilla AC the placeholders on those digital elements even work. If not, you could simply be missing the fonts, and that would be csp unrelated.

Then, go into assettocorsa\content\fonts and check if you have digital_toyota_2, dseg7bolditalicBig, german_led_mid. There's a chance some might be included in DLCs you could be missing.

Also check if under cm>settings>csp>car instruments this module is enabled. And for the main odometer to start with the total km done on previous sessions instead of 0 (if you see it change to 1km at 0.5km, that's expected), you'll need a supporting app like stereo's odometer. Just having assettocorsa\apps\python\stereo_odometer\odometers.txt present, even with the app disabled, should make it work after the second session ran.

(PS: @A3DR Taking a further look, I've found dseg7bolditalicBig.png included on the RSS GT pack, so users might be missing it if it's not on official content. If so, it would help to pack it on a next update. The other two fonts seem used by the 787B and Mustang 2015, so I guess even basic AC installations without DLC should have them)

Last edited:
You know you're getting old when it's the probably stock van the one you're most looking forward to :unsure: .
Btw, given the variants that will come, I guess it would be better to rename on ui_car.json to "Subaru Impreza WRX GD Tuned", as it's also mentioned as _tuned on folder and short name (that no one will see in-session due to csp default settings).

Would you be able to give an idea of which Japanese cars in AC's roster (including Kyuubey's data replacements) would be suitable opponents on a grid?
Maybe nsx s1, supra s1, r34 s2, ks rx7 tuned on a track with long straights where power matters. On a shorter track, some lower powered cars with low weight will fare better to fill the grid. Haven't tested yet arch's rx7, but the S2 could probably do in some scenarios, while I fear the S3 will be way too fast.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea