2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned

Cars 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
It's funny, manufacturers go to the trouble to design a reflector that produces as even a light on the ground as they can, and then simracers think it doesn't look right unless it's shaped like a plain conical spotlight.

I thought it would be nice, if there was something on the Pioneer AVIC D3 display ;)

screen-menus.gif

Shows start screen and 7 different menu screens (changes every 30 km/h)

You'll need to turn on the screen by using your EXTRA_C key assignment. If you don't want the screen, you can simply turn it off (go to blank screen) by pressing EXTRA_C key assignment again.

Files needed can be found here ----> https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqolsg2xlofk2c8/ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned.rar?dl=0

Adds the necessary replacement NAV_SCREEN.kn5, and extra lines to ext_config.ini and digital_instruments.ini, so every thing will work. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
My '06 STi. God, I miss that car. I had swapped trunk (boot) lids with a WRX owner because I didn't like the wing. It had a set of height adjustable coilovers so I could jack it up in the winter, and slam it in the summer. I had a turbo-back exhaust and a nice tune to put 291hp to the wheels with 315 ft-lbs of torque. And of course, RallyArmor mud flaps. Nothing crazy, but a hell of a fun drive.

One time, we got a snowstorm that dumped like 10 inches of fluffy powder overnight. My friend and I wanted to go snowboarding, so we headed out at like 5 AM before the roads were plowed. I had snow tires on it too, and I have to say that might have been the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel. I burned up a tank of gas damned quick, steering with the throttle around every turn and my face hurt from smiling so much.

IMG_20110110_150520.jpg

Sorry for the random post, but your mod took me down memory lane and I had to share. Cheers!

aphidgod updated 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned with a new update entry:

To-do list achieved.

Changelog

3d

• circumnavigated weird brake caliper/wheel blur draw order bug
  • fixed wonky passenger wiper
  • adjusted some animations
  • updated driver's wardrobe
  • welded some seams, made some texture & extension adjustments
  • adjusted several exterior lights
  • adjusted several interior lights
  • added emissive foglights (thanks @Patrik Marek )

Physics
  • set up dampers IRL and then set up dampers in AC...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Small thing: ui_car.json is from the impreza wrx wagon.
Question: what's the difference between the two ext_config.ini in extension folder?

Btw, thanks for the update!

Oh for f.... how in the actual crap does that even happen? I noticed the wrong ui folder in my release copy last night, no clue how it even got there in the first place since i only ever update my release folder by deleting & replacing all of the files except for skins. Recopied it from the live WRX folder in AC content. Checked to verify. Zipped for release. Seriously, how...

The extra file in extensions just had some code in it that needed to be ported to the new one I got from Dan. irrelevant now.

super ride! however, it is heavily oversteering, and behaves more like a front wheel drive rather than a 4wd. Is it like this in reality?
I did a small video on the fly! check it out!

super ride! however, it is heavily oversteering, and behaves more like a front wheel drive rather than a 4wd. Is it like this in reality?
I did a small video on the fly! check it out!

The mod is very good reminds me of my WRX Hawkeye (I have far less power). Most stiffen the rear anti roll bar to reduce the understeer or both. It does work on the mod too.

I'm not sure if any further updates are in the works but I noticed what seems to be a slight issue with rim blur. The rear rim of the car in front sometimes seems to change completely, like a LoD switch, from around five metres away. I know the car doesn't currently have LoDs but that's the best way to describe the effect - it's like a different rim model or texture suddenly gets swapped in.
It's an absolute blast racing small packs of these cars even though as a road cars they aren't technically supposed to be raced (and the reason why proper LoDs haven't yet been created, I believe), so thanks again to the team for all your hard work.

Edit: this was using the default skins without any created by others, just in case that's pertinent.

You know that rim blur acts as a lod switch for rims depending on wheel rotation speed (even, and mostly for lodA), and comes from a time where geo was much more expensive than today (as rims need a lot of tris).
It goes from 1) just 3d rim rotating->2) rim rotating+blur floating over it-> 3) just rim blur:
Screenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_lilski_road_america_23-7-120-15-51-59.jpgScreenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_lilski_road_america_23-7-120-15-52-7.jpgScreenshot_ag_subaru_impreza_wrx_tuned_lilski_road_america_23-7-120-15-52-12.jpg
The 2->3 transition can be seen frequently on cars ahead of you accelerating out of slow corners.

By the end, It hides the center rim geo and shows a floating transparent texture to replace it, right over where its surface should be.

Depending on how it's done, it can also cut object count on multi-object rims, but in this case it adds the 4 objects but drops 30K triangles, at least per cm showroom.

Sometimes there can be render priority issues with that (like missing objects behind a transparency, inner rim lip, p.e.), but I see none with this model.
Usually on cars with few thin and widely spaced spoke pairs like this (a worst case scenario), the transition is prone to be more noticeable on liveries with bright spokes + bright outer lip + dark inner lip), because the blur texture should be more transparent on the spokes zone (vs. one for a more "solid" rim) when it only subsists at full rotation speed. It'll then contrast more on the spokes zone (by its high alpha/"absence") with the bright outer lip that remains opaque, while the center will remain floating as 100% (or nearly) opaque.

The only thing that can be done is to tweak the blur texture/alpha to make the 2>3 transition less obvious. But if you make it more way more opaque so transitions seen at 3/4 are more natural in tone change (a situation where more inner spokes geo was seen), then when seen from its face it can end too solid/unnatural.

Last edited:
Awesome car. I have a 2003 WRX Wagon with all JDM STi swaps and lots of suspension improvements. I'm trying to take the GG Wagon here and modify the files to match up. It's really cool seeing your work here.

You know that rim blur acts as a lod switch for rims depending on wheel rotation speed (even, and mostly for lodA), and comes from a time where geo was much more expensive than today (as rims need a lot of tris).
It goes from 1) just 3d rim rotating->2) rim rotating+blur floating over it-> 3) just rim blur:
View attachment 391471View attachment 391472View attachment 391473
The 2->3 transition can be seen frequently on cars ahead of you accelerating out of slow corners.

By the end, It hides the center rim geo and shows a floating transparent texture to replace it, right over where its surface should be.

Depending on how it's done, it can also cut object count on multi-object rims, but in this case it adds the 4 objects but drops 30K triangles, at least per cm showroom.

Sometimes there can be render priority issues with that (like missing objects behind a transparency, inner rim lip, p.e.), but I see none with this model.
Usually on cars with few thin and widely spaced spoke pairs like this (a worst case scenario), the transition is prone to be more noticeable on liveries with bright spokes + bright outer lip + dark inner lip), because the blur texture should be more transparent on the spokes zone (vs. one for a more "solid" rim) when it only subsists at full rotation speed. It'll then contrast more on the spokes zone (by its high alpha/"absence") with the bright outer lip that remains opaque, while the center will remain floating as 100% (or nearly) opaque.

The only thing that can be done is to tweak the blur texture/alpha to make the 2>3 transition less obvious. But if you make it more way more opaque so transitions seen at 3/4 are more natural in tone change (a situation where more inner spokes geo was seen), then when seen from its face it can end too solid/unnatural.
Thanks - hopefully these will be tweaked accordingly if the car gets an update.

Most fun I had in AC for long time. Ignore the track limits. The shapes you can get this car in is insane.

Don't delay and get this mod.

Shame there are not any LODs as a pack of these online can only put a smile on your face.

Thank you for this car.

Have a couple of beers on me. Fat-Alfie has already had some beers on me for Fonteny

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother about that right now. Atm, 0.1.62 has multiple issues like on tyre fx, and that could be another bug (I'm still on 0.1.60 due to broken stuff on later versions), so it's better to wait until a public 0.1.63 and if the issue continues, then confirm w/ x4fab if it's intended.

Until all this rain thing is settled, no one know what will be broken next (per example, pbr stuff on the exterior), or will require different approaches. :unsure:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back