2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned

Cars 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GD) Tuned 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I like that its a "normal" car. It moves around and pitches and rolls. Tires feels kinda low grip for modern track-oriented AD08R though maybe? Never actually driven on those IRL but most of the recent years 200TW(in US, like RE71R or BFG Rival S, etc) seems to deliver more peak grip in both long and lat direction at least from looking at the G readings in replay here compare to on my autoX car...

Can't argue that its quick around VIR Grand West though though.

Could you please do two things, the first is to check if under vanilla AC the placeholders on those digital elements even work. If not, you could simply be missing the fonts, and that would be csp unrelated.

Then, go into assettocorsa\content\fonts and check if you have digital_toyota_2, dseg7bolditalicBig, german_led_mid. There's a chance some might be included in DLCs you could be missing.

Also check if under cm>settings>csp>car instruments this module is enabled. And for the main odometer to start with the total km done on previous sessions instead of 0 (if you see it change to 1km at 0.5km, that's expected), you'll need a supporting app like stereo's odometer. Just having assettocorsa\apps\python\stereo_odometer\odometers.txt present, even with the app disabled, should make it work after the second session ran.

(PS: @A3DR Taking a further look, I've found dseg7bolditalicBig.png included on the RSS GT pack, so users might be missing it if it's not on official content. If so, it would help to pack it on a next update. The other two fonts seem used by the 787B and Mustang 2015, so I guess even basic AC installations without DLC should have them)
Good call, it's a free font (the dseg) that didn't came with AC, so that could be the issue. Still we experienced similar problems like mentioned above, I've had to install Stereo's app to make it work, for some reason, so who knows what's going on there.

@Stereo If you like banana keep in mind that's not exactly the right color as it's using CSP adjustments that don't show up in the showroom :)
Also called it "Speed Yellow" 'cause I took it from the 993, from what I could find on brochures there wasn't an official yellow paint from Subaru.

If you don't mind, what exact kind of problems? Not displaying anything, or the main odometer resetting on every session (then with trip odo counting current session ok)?

(for the main odometer failing to update in real-time when starting a session with a lot of km, that was a csp bug that should be fixed soon)

Last edited:
If you don't mind, what exact kind of problems? Not displaying anything, or the main odometer resetting on every session (then with trip odo counting current session ok)?

(for the main odometer failing to update in real-time when starting a session with a lot of km, that was a csp bug that should be fixed soon)
We experienced both on our ends. Mine wasn't working until I installed Stereo's app, Jason had that update issue on his.

Hopefully Wianecki's issue will be fixed with the missing font+stereo's odometer, at least the clock should be a basic AC feature.

Regarding the main odo, the issues I had were the need for a supporting app (the txt I mentioned is enough, so it didn't always start at 0), as CM doesn't seem to take care importing it automatically from own storage, and weird issues with values a bit off displayed until 2nd or 3rd run, before anything was registered on the txt for the first time after ending a session. It's prone to happen if CM has no km recorded for that car folder name too.

I belive some are related to a problem with CM, don't know if it ever happened to you, but sometimes during a quick race all times are invalid (show red on realtime app), and after quitting the session, no lap times are displayed. When it happens, no km are registered on cm.

I also shared an alternate formatting for the trip odo aligned to the right, and without leading 0s (+ the required digital_instruments.ini pos change, maintaining placeholder), which probably is a more accurate representation. Couldn't find any way to draw the inverted trip "A" just via .ini without a font of that kind, so I fear that would have to be added directly to the lcd texture, and look weird on showroom.

That's exactly why we didn't add the "A" on the partial odometer.

The only issue with times I've had were related to not saving the fastest lap, and with the odometer one time I finished a practice session barely moving the car, and the total odometer jumped like 40km.

Here's the font in question:

Could you please do two things, the first is to check if under vanilla AC the placeholders on those digital elements even work. If not, you could simply be missing the fonts, and that would be csp unrelated.

Then, go into assettocorsa\content\fonts and check if you have digital_toyota_2, dseg7bolditalicBig, german_led_mid. There's a chance some might be included in DLCs you could be missing.

Also check if under cm>settings>csp>car instruments this module is enabled. And for the main odometer to start with the total km done on previous sessions instead of 0 (if you see it change to 1km at 0.5km, that's expected), you'll need a supporting app like stereo's odometer. Just having assettocorsa\apps\python\stereo_odometer\odometers.txt present, even with the app disabled, should make it work after the second session ran.

(PS: @A3DR Taking a further look, I've found dseg7bolditalicBig.png included on the RSS GT pack, so users might be missing it if it's not on official content. If so, it would help to pack it on a next update. The other two fonts seem used by the 787B and Mustang 2015, so I guess even basic AC installations without DLC should have them)
Thanks a lot! That was very helpful. I've done everything you said. My csp settings are all correct and the car instrument module is enabled. I've dowloaded Stereo's app, but to no effect. I'm indeed missing dseg7bolditalicBig font. This could be the issue.

Last edited:
So in your case only the font was the issue? @aphidgod remember to include that into the next update.
We've experienced so much weirdness with this odometer thing that's not easy to keep track of all the bugs that showed up.

So in your case only the font was the issue? @aphidgod remember to include that into the next update.
We've experienced so much weirdness with this odometer thing that's not easy to keep track of all the bugs that showed up.
It appears so, yes. However I have now also installed Stereo’s app, so not 100 % sure if that hasn’t helped as well. I doubt that though. I haven’t had those issues on other cars that utilize those features. It must be the font then.
Still, I can try it with the app uninstalled later today.
Edit: Maybe it’s worth mentioning that my odometer was in fact working correctly. Trip meter was the issue. It just wasn’t showing up along with temperature and time.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 223075

Block is here (too bad that ext_windows are not mapped properly)
0wde.jpg

• Deleted member 223075

Not much need to map exterior windows on a road car. I know (some of) you really want this to be a race car but it just isn't.

Don't want especially a race car but can you just uvmap the front ext_glass to add windshield banner or colored sunshield (because it works on interior but not vivible on exterior)

Maybe nsx s1, supra s1, r34 s2, ks rx7 tuned on a track with long straights where power matters. On a shorter track, some lower powered cars with low weight will fare better to fill the grid. Haven't tested yet arch's rx7, but the S2 could probably do in some scenarios, while I fear the S3 will be way too fast.
Thanks for the tip, AlleyViper. I'm doing a championship with this car against AI. It seems to be well BOPed with the Supra S2 (Arch's) and the RX-7 Tuned, as you suggested (the NSX doesn't have LODs and I don't have the R34 for some reason). I added a little restrictor and ballast to the Supra. I'm running it also against the Merc SLS, Porsche Carrera S and the Audi R8 (all of those cars need quite a bit more ballast and restrictor though to balance the grid).

It's a really excellent car, this one. Thank you, @aphidgod

I've been driving this car a LOT since release, lol. One bug that could do with squashing is that only the left/driver's wiper clears rain off the screen.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.