1970's Performance Mustangs

Cars 1970's Performance Mustangs 0.92

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Joshua,

I want to do a ratty skin for the Boss 429. I've tested a couple of textures on this car and it has so much potential.

7y0DTFM.jpg

Just a texture test... Not even close to the beginnings of a final upload.
I have two questions before I continue though:

1. Is there a normal map I can edit/create... and if so, what's the filename?
  2. How do I remove the BOSS 429 logos from the quarter panels?
Assuming he wants to have damage, there is no scope to have a normal map unfortunately.

I can try to look into getting the boss decals working for transparency. I have an issue that some people are getting with the collider that I want to get fixed before any hotfix for the decals. And text like the boss 302 and boss 429 need textures of 8k to look anywhere decent which is way to big for the car base texture and too big for my internet to upload as skin files. the z-fighting will be fixed eventually with LOD's as the LOD's down the line will allow for more fine placement of the decal objects to avoid z-fighting.

I can try to look into getting the boss decals working for transparency. I have an issue that some people are getting with the collider that I want to get fixed before any hotfix for the decals. And text like the boss 302 and boss 429 need textures of 8k to look anywhere decent which is way to big for the car base texture and too big for my internet to upload as skin files. the z-fighting will be fixed eventually with LOD's as the LOD's down the line will allow for more fine placement of the decal objects to avoid z-fighting.

Thanks for the info. Take your time. The actual mod should definitely get priority.
I work rotating shifts and as such, tend to take a while to do mods for any game. I'm in no hurry.

Well and this is not my only project anymore between virtual and real life so time is hit and miss and the collider issue is a difficult one to solve atm as I am having issues in general with colliders and the one that works well enough that I released with is apparently giving some people crashes. I promise I am trying to sort it out but no luck yet.

New collider is working in game for me, I have sent it off to the people that have pm'd me to try, if everything looks good I should be able to push a hotfix tomorrow at earliest. If anyone else has this problem and would like a link to the test collider please pm me.

Joshua Widder updated 1970's Performance Mustangs with a new update entry:

Colliding in the Dark

Since no one responded if my new collider worked, I am releasing it with all the hopes of it working. Here it is along with some minor fixes to the rear leaf springs and the animations on the Mach 1's. Also included is an update to the decals to allow for them to be "turned off" using transparent texture. So have fun with the amazing skins.

Read the rest of this update entry...

In case you don't know, you can check the collider in Content Manager. Looks like it's off - in case this is not a CM bug. But seems to work fine for other cars
upload_2018-3-1_19-39-53.png

(A3DR's Boss for reference:)
upload_2018-3-1_19-40-29.png

Can you provide me with your log.txt in a PM @vernet
Also @jlnprssnr it is something I found that provided a workaround for the collider, for some reason I could not get it no matter what from blender to align properly unless I rotated it, it is only a temporary workaround to try to get it working for the people who are having issues. It does work fine in game as you can see for me, if it does not work in game let me know.
iA8aTvr.png

As far as the suspension I will look into it, it only seems to happen under extreme loading of the fronts.

>Also included is an update to the decals to allow for them to be "turned off" using transparent texture. So have fun with the amazing skins.

Thanks! I'm going to do terrible, terrible things to your beautiful car. :sneaky::whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back