1970's Performance Mustangs

Cars 1970's Performance Mustangs 0.92

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not tried it yet, just installed it for later.

CM is throwing up some errors regarding the parent of the Mach 1 428:

yHQlOUQ.jpg

Congrats on the model though, looks fantastic. Can't wait to have time to check it out properly :)
Just installed it myself. The parent problem was fixed via just restarting CM.

Yep, when you combine a body that is not aerodynamic, softer rear suspension, and plenty torque to rear wheels you can get a fair bit of interesting dynamics, including a great view of the sky :p

Have you tried it in the 429 yet? That would be interesting based on my prior experience with corners at speed? Also anyone who actually knows all the tire stuff? I know the basics, but as far as modifying to fix the braking issues I am spinning in circles, also not home to test anything. Though for sure these files could use some more documentation IMO.

Just had my first spin in this, and really enjoyed it.

Its everything I expect from a car of this age; the way it rolls and pitches, the horrible understeer and light steering, it feels awesome IMO.

Few small model issues, mostly very minor and that your probably unaware of, mostly just small gaps that let light through (noticeable in VR). Only major thing visually IMO is the steering animation, but again incredible effort for a first mod.

:thumbsup:

Have you tried it in the 429 yet? That would be interesting based on my prior experience with corners at speed? Also anyone who actually knows all the tire stuff? I know the basics, but as far as modifying to fix the braking issues I am spinning in circles, also not home to test anything. Though for sure these files could use some more documentation IMO.
No not yet. I've been too busy practicing for my league race this week in the 312/67.

I think this is great for a first mod and WIP first release. A refreshing change as well, there isn't anything else in game that drives in a similar way. I can't wait for the Trans Am car either!! (if it does happen.)

With considerably worse brakes and some heavier feedback in the non powersteering cars it will be well on its way! Maybe brake fade as well if it is something mod cars can use?

Do you have a skin template for the released cars? I would love to make a few liveries and then race the Boss 429 as a pretend race car with the GTA... while it has good brakes.

This video is pretty cool, I wonder if it is a Trans Am car

Atleast there is plenty of lap time data for the Trans Am car. I assume the modern Road America mod is similar enough for comparison and RIR and Bridgehampton should be comparable. Plus Watkins Glen and Lime Rock when they are available as well.

So from what testing I am able to do with my laptop on the drag strip I have a new tyre file that gives 88m stopping from 80 using the internal Assetto brake modulation with keyboard and 15.57(probably due to launch) @93.45 mph quarter. Would you be able to test it Andy-R or anyone else if I PM'd you the data.acd?
Disclaimer: No corners tested as my rig is down for maintenance on the pedals

Sent, if you have the time might recommend you take a few corners as I believe I changed the values across everything to maintain(hopefully) similar characteristics while better meeting the braking restrictions.

So many of the old muscle cars we see today have been modified, as a result most have no clue how much these vintage cars squat while under hard acceleration. The drag racing video that was posted is a great example of how bad it really was, HAHAHA.

Yeah, getting reference data on the suspension and even overall car was difficult when google searches for stock 1970 cars comes up with ones that are modified some even pretty far from stock. It is one reason I went to the Magnum 500 wheels for the Mach 1 as there was little reference images on the actual Mach 1 rims and so few have them due to the popularity of the Magnum 500's
1970-Ford-Mustang-Mach-1-for-sale-Three-Quarter.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Forum trophies