Cars 1937 Auto Union Type C (WIP)

@garyjpaterson mate have you found a solution for the sound?
Not yet, had a few people say they'd give it a go but not much more than that.

I'm tempted to release this sooner rather than later, even if it is a bit unpolished in that respect, and can just update later down the line if need be.

If i was remotely organised I could have tried to arrange some help with that but I never really expected to be working on this again yet, but now that I am I may as well go as far as possible.

I'm tempted to release this sooner rather than later, even if it is a bit unpolished in that respect, and can just update later down the line if need be.

If i was remotely organised I could have tried to arrange some help with that but I never really expected to be working on this again yet, but now that I am I may as well go as far as possible.

yeah I perfectly understand. No worries, you could go with something that just fits for the time being, and see if something specific can be done later ;)
by the way, a friend of mine who is an expert of these cars and this period in Grand Prix racing sends you his compliments :)

I´d still be up for it, although I doubt I´ll find some spare time in the near future, definitely not until March or April next year when Uni eases off.
I think we already talked about this with Gary, my approach would be Sound Designing the car from scratch ( that´s about what I´ve been doing the last 3 months anyway...) rather than relying on GoPro footage from the 50s :p
If memory serves me right, I amped up a recording of my desk fan, and wanted to mix that with an older plane engine. So if anyone else wants to have a go on that one, this might be worth a try.

The difference in chrome might be very visible on switching between hi and low. Might be worth having one extra material.
Absolute potato quality gif, but i think its not that noticeable:
49e8ec130f2ec9f6b7d1b9f8d2977fc1.gif

I can still do it this very christmas. If it has final engine physics you may send it over. Contact me in pm or maybe fb messenger?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.