Cars 1937 Auto Union Type C (WIP)

Sorry for the big break, been a while since I last worked on this.

Last time out I had done the main cockpit textures, but ever since I haven't been particularly happy with them, so went about remaking them.
Previously I tried adding wear/tear to everything but it just wasn't possible to have it look decent whilst keeping the texture size reasonable, so this time I split it into 2; one for the things that need the wear/tear the most (seat, steering wheel, painted bulkhead etc), then anther smaller texture for everything else, and I think it worked out better.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I also did the smaller details, so name plates, labels etc. Overall I'm reasonably pleased. Apologies in advance for the big photo dump:

custom_showroom_1576691674.jpg

custom_showroom_1576691906.jpg

custom_showroom_1576691856.jpg

custom_showroom_1576691816.jpg

custom_showroom_1576691768.jpg

custom_showroom_1576691733.jpg

custom_showroom_1576691547.jpg

custom_showroom_1576691457.jpg

How is the physics going ? And perhaps even sound ?

It is state of the art model. Few years ago when we began modding and we saw models such as Cobra, Audi Quatro, Porsche 917/30, Miura, Fulvia... by the_meco, pankykapus and others... they had this same feelwhen looking at them. Perhaps they were even not as good.

Everything looks just amazing... I'm way past having any constructive criticism to offer other than stop mistreating this lady by driving her on your formula e circuit! I am curious though, how do you go about producing the texture images? Is there a how-to video you could recommend?

It's a pity AC has no steam workshop, mods of this quality need exposure and creators rewarded for extending the life of a game after the developers have moved on.

Amazing work as ever Gary. My G25 is bust at the moment, but I'm still looking forward to taking it for a spin on one of Fat Alfie's masterpieces with a controller (yikes).

Boring stuff that I enjoy anyway:

unknown.png

unknown.png

LR cockpit done, really quite happy with it. All one material (2 objects, as the steering wheel needs to move still), nice 50k+ tri drop and 20 object count reduction that can come in really close imo.
Not perfect, chrome for example doesn't quite have the same pop, as its a compromise to get all different materials working on a single shader/texture.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back