WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
@AgentHex0007 thanks for this new update which is a great job.

I'm a well known sound modder in the flight simulation world and I've recreated the entire sound library of "Il2 great battles" for my personal use which is based on Fmod

Sorry for my english. Tiger33 are you the sound modder for il2 fb? If are you i have your soundmod, for me the best sound for il2 (manymanythanks!)

AgentHex 0007 great modder, many thanks for your new update,

for me the stock sound is not so bad (i use incar view and earphones; yes the water splash (gunshots!!!) and thunder is too loud), maybe an improvement for engine ext. sound in replays could be appreciated...

For your physics mod (not changed): i use sim plus ++ grip C:
Is it possible that switching from steering wheel view to dashboard view could change the perceived grip on the peripheral (i use thrustmaster T300rs)?(more strong in wheel wiev..)
Your opinion: best ai stage times in realistic level can beat?

For next update: is possible to have a better chance to adjust onboard seat visual (wheel view forward and down, cockpit view backward up and down)?:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

by the way a great improvement:D

Sorry for my english. Tiger33 are you the sound modder for il2 fb? If are you i have your soundmod, for me the best sound for il2 (manymanythanks!)

Yes, that's me;)... thank you for your comments.
And my English is not very good either (I'm French:rolleyes:).

@AgentHeX 0007 :

I know all that and I've already extracted all the samples.

But with Fmod it's impossible to replace the samples in the "bank" file or you can with some tools but it doesn't work anymore...

The only solution is to recreate the 'whole library as for my mod but for that you would need to know the command lines of each car sound or other ...

Or you'd have to ask Kylotonn for the initial FMOD project (.fspro) but I'd be surprised...:whistling:

@AgentHeX 0007 :
I know all that and I've already extracted all the samples.

But with Fmod it's impossible to replace the samples in the "bank" file or you can with some tools but it doesn't work anymore...

The only solution is to recreate the 'whole library as for my mod but for that you would need to know the command lines of each car sound or other ...
I thought it would work like that as fmod studio is very much like DAW. I have dissasembled the WRC.exe so when I have time I will look at it.

For next update: is possible to have a better chance to adjust onboard seat visual (wheel view forward and down, cockpit view backward up and down)?:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

by the way a great improvement:D
Thanks.

You want me to extend the camera views even more? They can't really go any further back because the view would clip into the driver model.

A mod that could be done is to remove the driver and place the camera view into bucket seat, but then we would not see the drivers arms and hands on the wheel. I'll see what can be done.

Real sound give more realism to a game.
Example with DIRT 2, the sound is amazing but the gameplay is not as the car is like following a scripted path.

The possibilty to bring real WRC sound to WRC 8 would be a dream.
I would love to bring some help if I know the procedure to start with.
I'm comfortable with command lines. I assume that messing arround with WRC 8 wouldn't be difficult ?
Any advices and I will dive in, I'm serious
I like watching real WRC videos, almost every day. When I hear the agressive sound, I'm like "if only it was the same in a good rally game".
Really excited to play WRC8 with real sound ;)

If people here are ready to take up this challenge suggested by AgentHeX, we should defenitely bring him our help :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Thanks.

You want me to extend the camera views even more? They can't really go any further back because the view would clip into the driver model.

A mod that could be done is to remove the driver and place the camera view into bucket seat, but then we would not see the drivers arms and hands on the wheel. I'll see what can be done.
no no, sorry for english, only a Little bit in dashboard camera direction Seat, and steering wheel view two click direction dashboard..but is not a priority of course:)
I understand the problem, i play whit virtual steering wheel disabled...

Last edited:
The idea of modding the sound is perfect!

Is it able to make a % difficulty scale for AI times?? Is that possible? Because the different physics make big changes in stage times

Last edited:
Yes, please make a mod for better sound :) Sound and FFB are the two major weak points in WRC 8 for me (besides the high amount of tracks I know by heart from the previous WRC games).

Fast or Slow times?

I raced with Default Plus and Sim Plus physics with grip lvl A and I was around 15-20 seconds faster (on stages with 7km-10km distance) than with Default.If a modification on AI times is possible...it needs to cover a big gamma of times for all kind of physics and grip levels too.

Last edited:
Make backups first then open in a text editor:

Game: \Common\Tuning\AIDELTATIMES.cfg
Game: \Common\Tuning\AIPARS.cfg

If anyone makes a good mod i will happily add it to the installer.
I will also take a look at some point.

I am currently working on v8.03.
A bug in the particles mod of v8.02 is not showing water splash particles correctly. fixed it.

In work today I though of a sneaky little hack to get wet stage reflections and stage surfaces looking really good.
The mod is pretty much complete, I am in the middle of doing some testing right now. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
no no, sorry for english, only a Little bit in dashboard camera direction Seat, and steering wheel view two click direction dashboard..but is not a priority of course:)
I understand the problem, i play whit virtual steering wheel disabled...

You can mod the camera adjustments yourself, open:

WRC 8 Directory: \Common\Tuning\GAMEPLAYSETTINGS.cfg

in a text editor :thumbsup:

Make backups first then open in a text editor:

Game: \Common\Tuning\AIDELTATIMES.cfg
Game: \Common\Tuning\AIPARS.cfg

If anyone makes a good mod i will happily add it to the installer.
I will also take a look at some point.

I am currently working on v8.03.
A bug in the particles mod of v8.02 is not showing water splash particles correctly. fixed it.

In work today I though of a sneaky little hack to get wet stage reflections and stage surfaces looking really good.
The mod is pretty much complete, I am in the middle of doing some testing right now. :thumbsup:

Can anyone understand what the numbers mean in the stagenames in AIPARS.cfg?

Crashes immediately. 1.0,1.1 and 1.3.
W10Pro, i5 3470, 24gb ram, 1050ti 4gb
Did you make sure there was sufficient space on the drive when installing the mods?
Failure to do this when installing the mods for the very first time will cause the game to break, which is why there are so many warnings built into the installer. :thumbsup:

Hi Alex. First I want to congratulate you for the work you are doing with the game and for all the time invested in it.
I've also been creating a mod for some time and I'm quite advanced with the sound mod, so if you want we can collaborate together.
I also need to know how to add some textures and change parameters.
I don't have the full mod yet, but you can see a small sample in this video.
It is a very early version of the mod and I am working on improving it, but I hope you do a little idea of what I am trying to achieve.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 99 55.9%