What is your favorite type of racing?

Unfortunately I can’t vote for two. Haha

I enjoy Blancpain Endurance just as much as WEC/IMSA/ELMS

Endurance racing is incredibly strong at the moment. Both in GT and Prototype.

I’m honestly not bothered about the Toyota situation. They are incredible machines and I just enjoy them whilst they are around. Like someone else mentioned in here. I would prefer to keep prototypes as the top class but they need to make it more customer friendly. The field in ELMS for example is huge.

Impossible to answer for me. Would probably be Touring Cars.

The best racing happens with cars that requires proper driving skill, and not only great reactions and timing, when taming the car combines with racecraft then it is great. So that is either some down to earth cars that aren't ultra stable and has perceivable edge, or if the cars are very stable, such as with crazy downforce, then it has to be horribly overpowered, to highlight the edge.

Modern race cars are so fast, and at the same time looks so slow. Make them to use tire sets that would last at least 500 km racing, and limit wings for less drag and less fuel consumption, and you'll see more driving then.

Make me FIA president lol

I dislike modern racing that is all about reaction, no rhythm, no dancing, and it shows when you spectate such racing.

Of all I watch live on tv what I enjoy the most its this:

Touring Cars around 1ton, ~350hp, No Aero and narrow hard tires so they slide quite a bit...

We have better racing series here in terms of "technology" but the more tech you put on them the more boring races get to watch. And open wheelers are just a "no no" for me, maybe on a sim but watching a race on live tv just no... I guess the last open wheeler race I watched was on late 90s or early 2000s when we had a pilot on f1 and I almost died of boredom...

Watching - i like all types from Aussie V8's to British GT to ALMS.

If im doing the (virtual) driving it's usually GT's followed by Touring Cars.
F1 and Endurance Prototypes are too much for my eye-brain-limbs to keep up with.

BTCC is by far the most interesting motor racing right now. After that, V8 supercars for sure.

I would love to see F1 adopt similar policies to increase competition, such as multi heat races, reverse grids, and ballast. The current F1 setup is boring. The non-factory teams also need a break.

Karting, because it's the best form of motorsport out there, it's raw, it's basic, it's low budget and doesn't carry all the pomp and ceremony that big bucks racing like F1 or WEC does, the drivers are humble not wanna-be superstars like Lewis, Vettel, Vestappen or the others who have forgotten were there skill sets originated. Karting is the clear unsung hero of all motorsport imo.

Love and watch nearly all kinds of motorsport be it 2 or 4 wheels.
Open wheelers and touringcars are my first choices, especially a
HUGE fan of Indycar. With GT racing it has never really sparked,
whether in Sim racing or watching the races, i don't know why.
Aussie Supercars, MotoGP, DTM, F1, recently FE, Motocross, WTCR,
even NASCAR (i like oval racing but would love more roadcourses on
the schedule) are other favourite categories of me.
But i'm sure that i forgot something, so much motorsport on this planet.

IMSA (Weathertech Series and Pilot Series)
MotoGP
Supercars
SRO series (World Challenge, IGTC, Blancpain Endurance, GT4, British GT)
Formula 1
IndyCar
WSBK
BTCC
WEC
Super GT
DTM
sometimes NASCAR, Le Mans Series and Formula E
24h Nurburgring is the greatest event of the year overall

Wow, what an even distribution of votes so far! I think it goes to show that the vast majority taking part are real hardcore motorsport/sim racing fans - I think in a popular vote, maybe even if we'd consider just this site's visitors, all of them, open wheel would probably have a very significant edge.

For me, personally, I enjoy all of them - I enjoying watching anyone visibly on the edge of grip, pacing and seeing if they hit their marks (what those marks are, in some cases) and side-by-side action as well where I can see who is having what kind of driving standards.

As F1 is the quickest of them all, I picked open wheel, but it's a cherry pick for me really.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back