What is your favorite type of racing?

I used to love F1 from the early 90s to about 2000. When Ferrari and Schumacher started dominating, it got boring very quickly. The cars were still amazing, but the racing took a turn for the worse. All the knee-jerk rule changes didn't help much.
I still watched it, but mainly out of habit. Then in 2007, I actually fell asleep during a race and decided to not bother anymore. I gave it another shot now and then, but the snowplows, dildo cars and especially the halo probably turned me off forever. Haven't watched an F1 race in 8 years I think.

I got into sports cars pretty big in the early 2000s. 1999 was my first time watching Le Mans and the cars, the concept, the myth really got me. I loved the LMP 900 cars, they were just amazing. The LMP1 Hybrids were spectacular too, the most advanced racing cars ever designed.
I only watched the first few hours last year though. The build up to Le Mans was pretty fun, the question of whether or not Toyota would win it, or we'd see a major upset... but then the rules were changed in a nasty way to give Toyota an unfair advantage and I lost interest.
I'm unsure about this year and I'm very wary of the hypercars... I want prototypes at Le Mans, not road cars.
So my love affair with Le Mans might be coming to an abrupt end.

Used to like GT cars, but BoP ruined it for me. No point to it. Artificial racing. It might be close as anything, but it's not real and I can't shake that feeling.

DTM is still cool... I got into it through the 2002 F1 Challenge mod and am still loving it. The cars are completely ridiculous, not touring cars, more outlandish prototypes. And the racing has always been good.

I'm actually struggling right now... F1 is a boring ugly eyesore dominated by politics, other FIA-sanctioned Formulas also have the ungodly halo, LMPs are gone the way of the Dodo, GT's are artificial, Super GT is just to hard to follow from outside of Japan, IMSA is also ruined by BoP, Indycar is too late at night for me, Nascar is silly, touring cars just aren't spectacular enough for my taste, don't like bikes, not big into rallying or off road in general... so I may only follow DTM for the time being. Which leaves a lot of itches unscratched.

Used to like GT cars, but BoP ruined it for me. No point to it. Artificial racing. It might be close as anything, but it's not real and I can't shake that feeling.

DTM is still cool... I got into it through the 2002 F1 Challenge mod and am still loving it. The cars are completely ridiculous, not touring cars, more outlandish prototypes. And the racing has always been good.

... so I may only follow DTM for the time being. Which leaves a lot of itches unscratched.

BoP has ruined GTE-Pro for me; I can't help thinking races there are won on politics more than anything now. On the other hand any GT event where multiple teams are running the same car still has the element of competition which makes it worth watching for me ( which is how I can put up with GT3 events ). I watch WEC for GTE-Am, and sometimes LMP2, and occasionally the insane events like the end of 2017 Le Mans. GT4 is somehow even more fun despite the cars there being absurdly performance-capped, the racing always seems to be very good though ( until they run in the same race as TCR cars, and then they just look silly ).

DTM - I can't even remember the last good DTM race I saw :S. The grids seem to be drawn from a hat every race too. SuperGT uses even wilder versions of DTM cars in GT500 and the other class is mostly full of the same GT cars you see everywhere else, it's not really *that* hard to follow when it's actually given to us outside Japan...

Since the poll is car wise only, I'll only tell my story in car category.

I don't really have number 1 series, but number 1 category is still open-wheeler to me because that's what first introduced me to racing. I found F1 back in 2005, then IndyCar (IRL) in 2007, discovering oval racing and liked it from the start. Next was NASCAR strangely, then V8Supercars, then LeMans in 2009. So thanks to the early years of exposure to different disciplines, I got hooked with many types of car category, they are all exciting in their own way with their own style, trait, strategy. Though why open-wheeler as number 1? Those are the fastest type of car out there, seeing them going around the corners with huge speed still excites me a lot. Halo doesn't bother me at all, I don't even notice it since it begin testing. The most important thing is the drivers race their heart out there. Now electric racing are starting make their way into the racing world, I love it. It's still racing just with different power source really.

WRC is one of those rare treats I give myself. Sometimes you just want to go out and play in the dirt like a kid. =o)

I do also enjoy Motorcycle racing too. I'd really like another SBK series game to come out. SBK07 was very difficult for most people because the physics were almost real. I'd love to see an SBK20.

Like gt3?
like VLN :) 24h Spa , but not the GT cars :)

53472951_634188483689008_7366582047679622188_n.jpg

53026511_598408250630846_7843821376471929775_n.jpg

Elms, 24 heurs du Mans :D
and
Wtcr-Tcr europe
also Blancpain :whistling:
the organisation of Elms is fantastic: in monza i can entry in the box, pit lane, grid ...
and the race is 4 hours fantastic ;)

Favorite type of racing.

In general..i think its hard to say really.
For example nascar when they did bump drafting at 200 mph on a track as talledega its looks easy but its very hard. So respect.

For F1 they way they go to corners at such high speeds its impressive.

Indycar yet again as for nascar it looks easy but with those highspeeds at indy500 thats impressive.

Wec/weathertec/blancpain/ other long distance racing it just rocks.

Then at last we have isle of man. Damn first thing pops up in my mind.real balls of steal and very big ones too. impressive and respect.

I’m really turned off by modern F1, despite loving it for 30+ years, the bubble has burst for me and now I no longer follow it. My first love now is touring cars and has been since I went to my first BTCC race in 1997.

Rally, especially modern WRC. It's exciting, wild, noisy, dirty, dangerous, unexpected, the tracks are narrow and twisty, with great sense of speed, with different types of surfaces, even in the same stage, and surrounded by beautiful natural environments. Also, you can enjoy so much more variety because they race all around the world so you can see snow and ice now and next desert with stones and dust. Also, it's interesting that the cars are based on real road cars but heavily modified, not just exotic super-expensive models. Also, the driving technique is much more fun, with lots of slides, traction loss, spins, jumps, and not so technical in the sense of knowing the exact brake point to save a few milliseconds or using advanced technology, which usually means that it's the car that wins and the not the driver. Also, rally driving is full of stress and drama, because the driver also depends on the pace notes and the good work of the co-driver. All this is more than enough to compensate the fact that we are not before a real race with several cars competing against each other on track at the same time. Drivers have to fight against other factors though: the time, the track, the weather, the mechanical failures or punctures (they can fix them themselves, so they are more involved in mechanical aspects and taking care of their cars). Also, the ambience around the tracks with lots of fans enjoying and watching the show (for free) has nothing to envy the large crowds in F1 circuits.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back