What is your favorite type of racing?

I've always loved GT. I can identify with a Corvette or a 911 more than I can with F1 or prototypes. I mean, I enjoy racing as a whole, but given the choice, I'd rather watch Blancpain over F1.

Really for me, it is anything with good solid competition. We would still have drunken slot car racing if I still lived back in California. The choices are irrelevant in that IT can be anything for me and my friends. Line up a few snails after the rain, grab a few Guinness, and let the fun begin! I do enjoy all of the choices, just good competitive gentleman's racing is fine in any order is fine with me.

For the longest part of my life I would have said F1 and alike, but nowadays I can't tell anymore. As soon as I began to venture into other racing genres I discovered that I love almost everything. That does even include Formula E. Sure the sound is part of expierience what's most important to me is the racecraft itself. So I conclude: I can't pick one, I pick everything.

i have no tv

That's no excuse! :thumbsup:

My favorite racing in the last few years has been the Creventic 24 Hour Series and VLN. All free to view on YouTube. I love the competition while at the same time, all of those largely amateur teams and drivers being there primarily for the love of racing.

There are tons of series of you can find online. Many weekends, I don't even have enough time to watch them all: Blancpain America/Europe/Asia, European LeMans Series, Asian LeMans Series, GT4 European Series, DTM, BTCC, British GT, multiple TCR series....

Even though I watch every F1 race that airs, it is GT sport car racing that I relate to the most. It is just a fantastic sporting event to watch on TV or YouTube because of the tight competitive fields and lap-by-lap displays of race craft. I also find it aspirational because of the real-world vehicles they are based upon. The GT cars are durable so the racing is more robust without wings breaking off or some tiny-but-critical aero part that can make or break someone’s pace.

This is also why I prefer GT classes with Sim Racing as well. Feels closer and manageable to a real-life track experience.

I chose GT racing as it has sprints and endurance events
I pretty much love any racing with things with engines in them. Can't quite get the Formula E yet but maybe I'll come around one day.
GT for me is the most exciting next to MotoGP right now.
I grew up on F1 all my life and still watch the quali and races, but I used to watch the practices too, soon I doubt I'll bother with it, its lost its edge for me. I mean, I still haven't watched the Chinese GP... prefer to watch the GT races from Bathurst and Monza that aired recently instead.

I chose GT as I am very fond of Group C, Group 5, and GT1 class racing. GT3, DTM (90s - modern), and Super-GT/GT500 are also very high on my list. I really like open wheelers as well, but not so much F1. F3 on the other hand is becoming one of my favorite classes to race.

Anything with a tin top apart from Nascar. i will gladly feast on Blancpain, WEC, DTM, Supercars, IMSA Super GT, and WRC at sprint races like Mid Ohio, Symmon plains, enduros like Spa, 24hr at the Nord, or Bathurst. If it's got a roof and goes around left and right corners just as easily, it's got me hooked. Oh and throw in MotoGP in there too. That's been some of the closest and best racing i have seen anywhere lately. What i wish for is a unified streaming venue where i can watch all this racing for a reasonable price. In closing i watched 2CV racing at Cadwell Park recently and thought it was awesome.

I don't know, i really feel like i haven't found the one, i love the format of F1 ie 2hr race, pit stops that make huge difference to car performance, grid full of pros and the feeling that there is a lot at stake but honestly the racing is barely there.

I like GT Racing because the cars the sounds the close racing but find the 1 hour races too short and anything above 3 hours impossible to watch on a Sunday when you have a family.

Touring cars are fun to watch but i never find myself gripped by the championship race. Or the look of the cars particularly although i bet in 20 years ill miss them!

I would love to follow a GT like series with an F1 type format if anyone has any suggestions. Juat realised that im a right fussy bugger.

I prefer multiclass racing like the FIA GT back in the days or Super GT, would love to see the asian model of Blancpain in Europe (and integrated into ACC) :rolleyes:

I enjoy all motor sport & now that so much is streamed live actually do not have time to watch it all.

What I find peculiar about some sim racers is that they don't follow any real life series or watch real racing on tv.As if sim racing & real life racing are two very different things.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%