Watkins Glen International

Tracks Watkins Glen International 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hope i Understand it all correct.

- If i extract all the three Folders into Main AC Folder, then im able to Race at Night @TheGlen without installing some Night/Weather Mods?

- If i dont want the Night cause im Standard AC Player, then i need to copy the content and the System Folder into Main AC Folder to get this Track working?

- What does "Vanilla AC" mean???

- What can i do if i have bad fps and cant drive smooth? Is there a possibility to get rid of some Trucks and/or Spectators? (i dont have problems with fps but nice to know i think).

Thx a lot, and Thx for this great Track!

- If i extract all the three Folders into Main AC Folder, then im able to Race at Night @TheGlen without installing some Night/Weather Mods?
You most probably need the extensions folder for the shaders patch so the night version works correctly.

- If i dont want the Night cause im Standard AC Player, then i need to copy the content and the System Folder into Main AC Folder to get this Track working?
Sounds about right.

- What does "Vanilla AC" mean???
Vanilla in this context always means "unmodded", "original version", "standard", ...

- What can i do if i have bad fps and cant drive smooth? Is there a possibility to get rid of some Trucks and/or Spectators? (i dont have problems with fps but nice to know i think).
Turn down world detail settings until you get what you want.

On 'high' World Detail setting, there is still no crowd or spectators at all, anywhere. I seem to get just the marshalls. This was already noted by me in the 0.9 release and acknowledged as something that was going to be looked into. Might have slipped through I guess, hope it will get some attention as it totally breaks immersion for me (and for everyone that uses the same WD setting as me of course).

On 'high' World Detail setting, there is still no crowd or spectators at all, anywhere. I seem to get just the marshalls. This was already noted by me in the 0.9 release and acknowledged as something that was going to be looked into. Might have slipped through I guess, hope it will get some attention as it totally breaks immersion for me (and for everyone that uses the same WD setting as me of course).
I split the people between Max and Very High WD settings this time. I checked some kunos tracks and it is a mixed bag. There are no people at Mugello or Laguna Seca on High settings but Red Bull Ring and Spa do. The RVs are all in Very High and Max. I can lower the crowds even more and split the RVs between High and Very High.

What Settings are needed to get it to Night and where to put the Lights on?
Set it to Test @classic Endurance wit Weather "Night" and Time 18 o Clock.
So its Dark Night but the Car Lights and the Track Lights are not working?
Do i need a special addon Mod or is it all included in 1.0?

Endurance is the very good atmosphere, thanks.
When the JSGME user adds tracks/ to lilski_watkins_glen.ini in front of enable selected mod, extra track lighting functions.

extension\config\tracks\lilski_watkins_glen.ini
[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE = tracks/lilski_watkins_glen_conditions.ini

This should be someone's help.

• Deleted member 197115

Track looks a bit less sharp than Kunos, surrounding in particular, in VR.
Is that due to track custom shaders?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea