Watkins Glen International

Tracks Watkins Glen International 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for this great rendition of this track, always been one of my favorites to race and hotlap on.

However, I can not get the night lights working properly. All I get is the trackside scoreboard and I can faintly see the blimp. I have quadruple checked all the folders and files are where they should be. Redownloaded and did it again and same issue. I also then tried installing it manually bypassing the MODS folder and putting the track directly in the tracks folder and the other folders

All the other night tracks I have (Bahrain, Singapore, Bathurst, LeMans) all work perfectly, so I'm really stumped why I can't get yours to work. The one difference with the other maps is they all have a specific night version of the track and are 'self contained', while yours uses additional files/folders.

Is there a log file that might shed some light (heh) on a possible issue? I looked at the one generated by Content Manager but it doesn't seem to reveal anything. This is really starting to do my head in lol

(I'm using the full CM version with latest AC 1.16.3 and have the lights-patch-v0.1.22)

Screenshots of folder structure
01.jpg 02.jpg

Thanks for this great rendition of this track, always been one of my favorites to race and hotlap on.

However, I can not get the night lights working properly. All I get is the trackside scoreboard and I can faintly see the blimp. I have quadruple checked all the folders and files are where they should be. Redownloaded and did it again and same issue. I also then tried installing it manually bypassing the MODS folder and putting the track directly in the tracks folder and the other folders

All the other night tracks I have (Bahrain, Singapore, Bathurst, LeMans) all work perfectly, so I'm really stumped why I can't get yours to work. The one difference with the other maps is they all have a specific night version of the track and are 'self contained', while yours uses additional files/folders.

Is there a log file that might shed some light (heh) on a possible issue? I looked at the one generated by Content Manager but it doesn't seem to reveal anything. This is really starting to do my head in lol

(I'm using the full CM version with latest AC 1.16.3 and have the lights-patch-v0.1.22)

Screenshots of folder structure
View attachment 273529 View attachment 273530
Then it sounds like those other tracks are not actually using the shader patch. Also there should be much more config files in that folder. Also that shader patch is pretty old. It is currently up to v0.1.23-preview92-rc4. Also make sure the time is set past 22:00. The lights are coming on a bit late right now and will adjust that in an update.

Then it sounds like those other tracks are not actually using the shader patch. Also there should be much more config files in that folder. Also that shader patch is pretty old. It is currently up to v0.1.23-preview92-rc4. Also make sure the time is set past 22:00. The lights are coming on a bit late right now and will adjust that in an update.

I tracked down the updated shader patch and it's all working properly now I'm happy to report. Just did a midnight to dawn race with Assetto4Seasons with accelerated time and it looked absolutely superb. Really atmospheric. Well done and thanks.

How much time is the zip-file 1.0 supposed to take for decompressing? I downloaded this zip three times over several days now, but decompressing the downlaod zip always takes minutes and minutes, and seems to stall somewhere in the middle. Just broke off again after another 10 minute attempt. Should be like this...? I even downloaded it on a different platform with Linux and tried to decompress it there - same result.

Loving this track, absolutely epic!!

Is it an easy thing to change the time the lights come on? The reason I ask is I'd love to be able to change the time to make them always on, or at least on at a set time.

I'm using the Assetto By Night mod, but not using the dynamic time of day part of it (just using legacy mode). This is due to a series I'm running and wanting to practice, qual and race all under the same conditions.

Thanks again for the track! Truly a work of art.

When copying the folders into the main AC folder I'm asked if I want to overwrite existing files. I was wondering what I'm overwriting and if it is safe to do so. Thanks.

When copying the folders into the main AC folder I'm asked if I want to overwrite existing files. I was wondering what I'm overwriting and if it is safe to do so. Thanks.
Well if you have 0.9 of the track installed it will obviously overwrite that. Otherwise the rest of the files should all be new. I do not overwrite any stock AC files.

Loving this track, absolutely epic!!

Is it an easy thing to change the time the lights come on? The reason I ask is I'd love to be able to change the time to make them always on, or at least on at a set time.

I'm using the Assetto By Night mod, but not using the dynamic time of day part of it (just using legacy mode). This is due to a series I'm running and wanting to practice, qual and race all under the same conditions.

Thanks again for the track! Truly a work of art.

The time the lights come on are controlled in the config files. There are a few ways to do this but the easiest i think would be to go go the lilski_watkins_glen_conditions.ini file in the extension\ config\tracks folder and delete condition 80 and below only leaving condition 55 which is for the caution lights (they blink on track when you have a yellow flag). Doing this should keep them on all the time but I am not 100% certain.

That worked in terms of getting the light effect on the track, but the lights themselves don't appear to be on. Hope that make sense?

So the track is lit up in certain areas, but the bulbs appear to be off.

That worked in terms of getting the light effect on the track, but the lights themselves don't appear to be on. Hope that make sense?

So the track is lit up in certain areas, but the bulbs appear to be off.

Here is an alternate config file where everything is set to always on.

Attachments

• lilski_watkins_glen.ini
    4.2 KB · Views: 239
The circuit is wonderful.
But the lights in the night mode are not there (I do not use content manager).
I like for other circuits Road Atlanta, Road America and Bathurst (ACTrackReboot) use:
- Lights Shaders Patch v0.1.23-preview92-rc4;
- BLM Lights.
and the lights in the circuits work.
The lights do not work on the Watking Glen circuit.
In the other circuits I just copied the folders to the main Assetto Corsa directory, like I did for the Glen.
Can you help me?
Congratulations, however, the circuit is among the most beautiful for Assetto Corsa

Last edited:
The circuit is wonderful.
But the lights in the night mode are not there (I do not use content manager).
I like for other circuits Road Atlanta, Road America and Bathurst (ACTrackReboot) use:
- Lights Shaders Patch v0.1.23-preview92-rc4;
- BLM Lights.
and the lights in the circuits work.
The lights do not work on the Watking Glen circuit.
In the other circuits I just copied the folders to the main Assetto Corsa directory, like I did for the Glen.
Can you help me?
Congratulations, however, the circuit is among the most beautiful for Assetto Corsa
Double check that "lilski_watkins_glen.ini" and "lilski_watkins_glen_conditions.ini" are in \assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\

Yes, I checked. Then I repeat with other circuits I do not have this problem.
The circuit is right in the dark. There are no lights except for the time tower clock

Last edited:
Yes, I checked. Then I repeat with other circuits I do not have this preoblema.
The circuit is right in the dark. There are no lights except for the time tower clock
Make sure the time is set past 22:00 as right now they are coming on a bit late. Or use the config file I posted above that keeps them on all the time.

Make sure the time is set past 22:00 as right now they are coming on a bit late. Or use the config file I posted above that keeps them on all the time.

IIRC 22:00 is the latest (or later?) that the default AC launcher goes. @HimmoBhiles you must use Content Manager to get a later time, and therefore night lights, at Watkins.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.