Watkins Glen International

Tracks Watkins Glen International 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
To those who want more road noise the track was completely resurfaced in 2016 and is very very smooth. Real life drivers have confirmed this version is accurate in that regard. I will not add something that isn't there in real life. If you want to feel more bumps in the wheel just crank up the road affect in ffb settings. Remember that setting doesn't add anything. It is only a amplification.
Have you considered a second pre-resurfaced release (Watkins Glen 2014?) with a rougher surface being the only change (maybe billboards too, I guess)? I've no idea how much work this would be but the vast majority will already have been done. The two versions could complement each other quite nicely. Just a thought. :)

Have you considered a second pre-resurfaced release (Watkins Glen 2014?) with a rougher surface being the only change (maybe billboards too, I guess)? I've no idea how much work this would be but the vast majority will already have been done. The two versions could complement each other quite nicely. Just a thought. :)
No I don't think so. A lot would have to change such as all the curbs are different and many things were added or change around the track since 2016. The only other version I am considering is a 1970 version which is the last year of the old layout. I actually might take a short break from this Watkins and work on the old layout a bit.

No I don't think so. A lot would have to change such as all the curbs are different and many things were added or change around the track since 2016. The only other version I am considering is a 1970 version which is the last year of the old layout. I actually might take a short break from this Watkins and work on the old layout a bit.
Ah, fair enough. A '70s version would be even better..! :)

Excellent ... great job. Maybe in the 70's version you can remember the bog monsters.:)

If you ever want to take on the old (1970's) Lime Rock Park ... I have slides for you!!! I also found a bunch of slides from the Bryar, NH track. I'll scan them and send them along just so you can see the place.

Again, really, really nice work!

Now THAT version was bumpy!

Excellent ... great job. Maybe in the 70's version you can remember the bog monsters.:)

For full authenticity we need pit crews in double denim, all smoking cigarettes.

ferrari-in-the-pits-at-the-italian-gp-monza-6-september-1970-f235c0.jpg

@LilSki i'm sorry for the one star rate, i m not very familiar with RD, didn't know for the support section.

Well i don't think i did anything wrong, i just put the files in Assetto Corsa\content\tracks like all tracks mods i tried so far and fist time the track didn't show in the selection in content manager.

I love this track and of course i'm sure you did an awsome work but i'm just frustrated not being able to enjoy it.
If any suggestions?

Apparently i can't delete ou update my review, sorry again for that and for my bad english !

@LilSki i'm sorry for the one star rate, i m not very familiar with RD, didn't know for the support section.

Well i don't think i did anything wrong, i just put the files in Assetto Corsa\content\tracks like all tracks mods i tried so far and fist time the track didn't show in the selection in content manager.

I love this track and of course i'm sure you did an awsome work but i'm just frustrated not being able to enjoy it.
If any suggestions?

Apparently i can't delete ou update my review, sorry again for that and for my bad english !
you can rate again, this will delete your previous rating

If any suggestions?

You can delete it, there's a delete button right below your review.
Please do so and create a new review, I'm sure your problem can be solved here in the support forum.

I Tried to rate again but i got this:
The following error occured
You can not update your rating or review once the author has responded.

And i don't see a "delete" option just "report"...

It's ok I reported it so it should get removed at some point by the staff.

As for it not working can you post a picture of your tracks folder with the track in it? You should see a folder called lilski_watkins_glen in with the rest of the tracks.

I just solved the problem, a few days ago i moved all AC files into another hard drive without deleting the old one, so i tried to put the mod in the old and kow it appears in the tracks selection. Actually i discovered that all new mods aren't recognize with the new instalation, don't know why.
Anyway i'll do a descent review next time cheers

I just solved the problem, a few days ago i moved all AC files into another hard drive without deleting the old one, so i tried to put the mod in the old and kow it appears in the tracks selection. Actually i discovered that all new mods aren't recognize with the new instalation, don't know why.

Moving installed programs is generally a bad idea. Should always uninstall, then reinstall in the new desired location.

I deleted my comment on the original review. Maybe you can change it or delete it now?

In turn 1 if you run off a bit (as nascar and most other series do) time is invalid and penalty is given.

Would it be possible to make extend those limits or would that mess up the AI badly if boundaries are moved?

In turn 1 if you run off a bit (as nascar and most other series do) time is invalid and penalty is given.

Would it be possible to make extend those limits or would that mess up the AI badly if boundaries are moved?
AI is already allowed to go a bit wide if they need it. I'm personally not a huge fan of allowing lap times when the car is outside the curbing. And given how there would be no clear indicator as to how wide you can go I think i will keep it as the curb is the boundary. During the race you should be able to use it though as I have no black flag time set for those areas.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back