Watkins Glen International

Tracks Watkins Glen International 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I hope you guys like the camera sets
Very nice work on the cameras

Love the track, it will probably make me a fan of it
I concur wholeheartedly. Though already a fan of the circuit, I was sorely missing it from the sim. I appreciate the inclusion of the "classic" configurations as well.

And while I'm posting about a Lilski creation...is it just me or is Bridgehampton absolutely sinful? :D If it was anything like that in reality, the reputation that place had was well deserved. Shame it no longer exists.

Last edited:
Watching the PWC races at COTA this weekend makes me appreciate the Glen all the more. Anyone catch the MX-5 Cup race? The whole field was running deep into the runoff at the exit of ~4 corners on the circuit every damn lap. Just stupid. Absolutely stupid. Man I hate that track...

:inlove: me some Watkins.

Watching the PWC races at COTA this weekend makes me appreciate the Glen all the more. Anyone catch the MX-5 Cup race? The whole field was running deep into the runoff at the exit of ~4 corners on the circuit every damn lap. Just stupid. Absolutely stupid. Man I hate that track...

:inlove: me some Watkins.

Never liked COTA and all of Tilke tracks

Every corner is a pleasure on this track, I tried it also on the new Viper RT/10 and on the Ferrari 512 TR on a mp server last night, both cars and track are addictive.

Anyone catch the MX-5 Cup race? The whole field was running deep into the runoff at the exit of ~4 corners on the circuit every damn lap. Just stupid. Absolutely stupid. Man I hate that track...

Yep, it was bloody fantastic. Sure, they were running wide but everyone was so no real advantage was being gained per se and in a car like that it's imperative to keep your momentum up and running wide allowed them to do that which led to some fantastic racing. P1-7 nose to tail for most of the last half of the race, great stuff.

Yep, it was bloody fantastic. Sure, they were running wide but everyone was so no real advantage was being gained per se and in a car like that it's imperative to keep your momentum up and running wide allowed them to do that which led to some fantastic racing. P1-7 nose to tail for most of the last half of the race, great stuff.

If everyone stayed on the actual race track they'd still all have the same momentum, and the racing would still have been every bit as close.

I love the series, the racing is always great fun to watch, but that was ridiculous.

If everyone stayed on the actual race track they'd still all have the same momentum, and the racing would still have been every bit as close.

I love the series, the racing is always great fun to watch, but that was ridiculous.

Meh, as long as everyone's doing it it doesn't bother me at all. Track limits are what the series stewards declare they are and the stewards were ok with them running wide so why should we care? There's so much run-off at COTA due to F1/FIA regulations that it's impossible for the organizers of these smaller series to police track boundaries so they just let them have at it. They did the same thing when IMSA was there. I watched 4 different races this weekend and MX5 Cup at COTA was by far the best IMO.

1970 final turn looking down to T1 (from http://transamracing.blogspot.com/2011/)
Picture%2B9.png

1971 after the destruction/construction, modern T1 ("the ninety") to T2
aug71cL.JPG

I have to say of all the tracks over the years that got revamped or changed they really did a good job when they redid Watkins. It's not better or worse than the original IMO. It is just different.

Last edited:
I love the track, very fast.

On Nascar layout, with the Lotus 98t, the car only slowdown below 200 km/h for 2 corners. It is a insanally very fast track.

I made a video:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years