VWSR S1: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, actually, there is only 1 form of wet at the moment. Due to the non finished tire wear thing, the track feels damped, no matter how much rain there falls.

But indeed, it's the UK, and mostly, it's kinda wet there :p :p

Marco, (Dunno if this should be in the bugs thread or not)

Has this track been tested with a lot of players?

The reason I ask is due to garage allocation. I set up a practice session with 25 AI, but when the game loaded I briefly entered my pit garage, then in the monitor screen in the top right it looked like other cars were being allocated the same garage. Then the screen went black and "RF2 has stopped working" message appears.

This doesn't happen if I enter on my own with no other cars (AI). Don't know if it's just a problem with AI or if it will also be present with 20+ real racers. I have been on the practice server with 2 or 3 others and all seems ok, but what about Saturday when the grid is full?

Also there seems to be an issue on my Snetterton with garage number 1. There seems to be something blocking the car from exiting the garage properly, like it is trapped by some equipment in the garage. I have noticed on a few occasions that it actually damages the car as you exit the garage, not every time it's just the luck of the draw. (you only seem to get the problem garage if you are the first player in, so I assume it's garage 1)

Don't know if others have experienced anything similar, but thought it was worth posting.

Andy,

Thanks for this notification. I will look into this tonight, to see what I can do about it. It should be possible to get box 1 unused, but thats only when we have no issues with the large grid.

Update on this will follow.

I'm in garage number 8 on the server at the moment, and it has the equipment in there causing the same issue, so maybe it's all the even numbered garages, I dont know (all the other garages except 7 have the shutters down). I tried driving back into the garage and the car cannot enter, there are some gas bottles and tyres in the way. I then drove into garage 7 with no trouble (nothing in there, completely empty).............strange.

Does damage every time now, 20 seconds worth of repairs every time........

Hmm Thanks Andy. You have put my in a difficult position now :p.

grab013edit.jpg

The objects appear random it seems. I have them in box 5 now, but 8 and 1 are clean.

I have to applogize for this, as I did not know this. I have raced there a few times, but somehow, I managed to stay away from the obstructions in the box. Never had that before, and so I did not notice.

If you look at the pit boxes, you can see that they are numbered up to 30. So, I assumed they where all useable. Somehow, they are not, since I count only 27. When I add a 28th car, the last box will have 2 cars in it, which obviously does not fit....

Glad you noticed though. Would not want to have this during the race. I will consider the options, and post a message about it tonight, or tomorrow, to see what we will do.... Expect a track change, as this will probably not be doable... If I decide to change the track, I do promiss that the race will be dry.....

IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!!

Due to a problem we found in Snetterton, we have no other option then to change the track for round 3. There are 2 major issues we have found.
1 - We can't handle the 30 drivers.
Although the last pit box has nr 30, the track does not seem to be able to handle more then 27 cars. This can be an issue when all would show up.

2 - Obstructions in the pitbox.
There are randomly placed obstructions in SOME pitboxes. We have not have any problems with that before, so I am really glad this was discovered before the event.

I understand that a lot have had practice already, and setups made. I also realize that this limits the practice time a lot. I am really sorry for that, but I feel I have no other option then to elliminate the risk, This means the track has to be changed.

We made a choice for Palm Beach. Reasons.
- Good track in detail and performance
- Good flow on the course, which enables close racing
- Most of us have driven there before, so it's not completely unknown
- It's the best option out now.

This means that the server is updated to a new version, to exclude Snetterton, and include Palm Beach. The download for the new mod is available here, or in the download thread.

I wish everyone a good race saturday.

{edit}
I am sorry that I did not mention more details about the GT mod. I figured most have that one installed already.

The GT mod can be downloaded here -> CLICK.

Put the file in the Packages foler, and install. You will get 2 Nissans, a GTR (GT1), and a 370z (GT4). Also, you get Palm Beach. A real nice track.
If there are any problems, let me know!

MOD UPDATE AVAILABLE!!!

Due to a problem we found in Snetterton, we have no other option then to change the track for round 3. There are 2 major issues we have found. We therefor had to remove Snetterton, and include a new track. We have selected Palm Beach. More information in the News thread.

This means that the server is updated to a new version, to exclude Snetterton, and include Palm Beach.
The new download is available here -> CLICK

I wish everyone a good race saturday.

{edit}
I am sorry that I did not mention more details about the GT mod. I figured most have that one installed already.

The GT mod can be downloaded here -> CLICK.

Put the file in the Packages foler, and install. You will get 2 Nissans, a GTR (GT1), and a 370z (GT4). Also, you get Palm Beach. A real nice track.
If there are any problems, let me know!

Please all take notice of the News thread! The mod has changed, due to the removal of Snetterton. Saturdays race will be DRY, and helt on PALM BEACH!

I appologize for the inconvienience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 32 13.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 82 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 136 57.1%