VWSR S1: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: Could not do a decent lap once, when I was on a good lap there was traffic and had to back off. If I had a clear road I just could not get a good lap in. Ended on 3rd so luckely not that bad :)

R: Really need to get the start better with these cars, usually I can get away pretty good but too slow with these cars. Was able to maintain 3rd place after T1 although I had Ole checking out the back of my car from close by after Jan went wide in T1.
Needed a lap or 2-3 to get into racepace, after that I could pull away from Ole and focus on catching Hugo. After several laps I was really close and looking for the oppertunity to make a move. I had a good exit out of T2 and was able to get in the slipstream and outbreak Hugo in T3. Slowly pulled away from him and settled for a pitstop.

Coming out of the pitlane I was side to side with Ole to battle for 1st. Think he needed to do a pit also cause he backed off from the fight before T2. Settled my pace and tryied not making an error to take the win.

First league win for me, hope there will be more as it feels not bad at all :D

Well, what can I say.... I am happy :) to have finished and unhappy:( with my misfortune and little mistakes:confused: .

Qualified as 10th and was 1 second slower with low fuel than a full tank in practice.... I need to work on that.

Race start was not too bad, lost a place, but after 2nd corner had gained 3, a bit later another. Was chasing Emmanuel and was gaining ground. After a few laps at the end of S2 he span in the right hander going up the hill and span on track. When I came around the corner a saw him in the middle of the track I tried to pass him on the right side and thought I made it but he slammed into my rear left which damaged my car badly (my steering wheel was 60 degrees of)... Bye bye 6th position.... I thought he tried to get on track again and stay in front of me, so I was not happy. This morning I watched the replay and saw he was still in his spin, so bad fortune for me.
I went to the pit way too early and had a 200 second damage repair, fuel and tyres. I did mis-calculated the fuel (2 laps too short as the stop would drop me back 2 laps...without thinking it was 45 minutes :redface: ).
Went back on track as 17th and last. I was pushing hard to still make something out of it. I could pass 3 guys. And was chasing Alex which I could drive to and be on his tail, made a mistake and the gap raised again. Then he went to the pit and I was running as far as 12th. 4 Laps before the end I had to do a spash and dash to not run out of fuel. Which droped me back till 14th right behind Alex, but again made a mistake and was loosing seconds. Came in 14th (according to rF2, but the results say 15th?).

Had fun racing with these Meganes and that I could see the finish for once. I know it could have been a top 10, but just not this time. :p Hopefully next time I won't run into spinning cars. :D

Congrats to Remco and thanx Marco for the organisation of this great series here at RD.:thumbsup:

PS: Sorry for my quick departure after the race, as I was also racing in a 10H Road America race and had to head back to my team. :p

So, that was a nice evening again. Had some fun, although it did not quite went as I was hoping.

Q:
First thing I like to say about that involves the chatting. There was way to much chatting around during qualy. It even came to the point I had to say something myself to shut everyone up. Please do NOT chat during qualy or race. There is no need for that, and it is only distracting. Costed me 2 laps because I missed braking point due to a chat line at the wrong moment.
With that said, the qualy itself was a joy to watch. So nice to see a large grid in rFactor2 :) I was slow during all the practice I did, which was not much, and made a qualy time around 2 seconds of my personal best. So not a very good one for me. Had to start from 18th place. Somehow, I seem to struggle with a car with less fuel in it. My PB was with full race (so full tank and all), and while I took some fuel out with qualy, I could not seem to get close to my PB.

R:
When the race started, I went to the grid with 19 seconds on the clock. Sound was completely silent on the grid. Did not hear anyone make rev's, so that was the first sign something did not went well. Then I wathced the timer, and noticed that after a few seconds on the grid, my timer was still on 19 seconds??? Somehow, the game had frozen. Decided to wait a bit to see what happend. After about 40 - 50 seconds, suddenly my screen changed, and I was parked with my nose in the wall, and the grid was empty :(. I was already 1/2 to 3/4 lap down. Sorry for those behind me during start, as they must have hit me when I did not went of the line on green.
Started to drive, and luckily, the wall had not damaged my car. Could go on a steady pace, and just went for a clean run. Did not push to much, just enough not to loose to much time.
It did not last long before I passed the first who was off the track, and within little time, I noticed that green dot behind me on the track map. Number 1 was already going to lap me. I have had a lot of practice in letting people pass in this race ;) Except for Ole, whom I mistook for someone else as I was battling for position with that person, I believe I have not obstructed anyone. Did choose some difficult points to let people pass, but all went well further.
Did not make any mistakes further on, and went into the pits when called in. Had to wait for an additional 25 seconds for damage repair, which I suspect to be from the start. Went out again, and was in 12th position. Not bad when started from 22nd. I held in there, and made it to 10th for a moment. Had to let Jan pass me, and got overtaken by someone else as well. Not sure when or who that was, but the last lap I was in 12th position. Then I passed Ray in one of the last corners, so made it to 11th I believe. All in all, not a bad result if I take what had happend during start in my mind.

I must say that it feels a bit like I have bad karma in terms of league racing. Out of all the league races I have done. about 90% of them had something happening in the first lap. For this championship, I had a car on my roof before the first corner in race 1, and in race 2, my game froze. With 2 more races to go, I already have at least 50% of my races start in a bad way. Must admit that it takes a bit of the fun away. But then again, in the end, I am still happy about it. Had fun, and thats what matters most!

Thanks all for being there.

Round 2 Incidents and penalties

• First round - Under investigation
  • Incidents reports - No penalties given.
  • Other penalties and warnings
  • Removed from championship:
    • Paul Walker (Own request)
    • Lee Ross (Own Request)
  • Added to signup list:
    • None

Results Round 1:

rdwsrrnd1.jpg

I'm not sure who i had contact with but man you guys must of had the blue flag for ages. It was a good half a lap, one car moved over the other just carried on racing. I don't get it guys, you had obviously had an off on previous laps for the leaders to be catching so soon and still it takes an age to move over. When i went to pass it seemed you had gone wide or you were taking a wider line to allow me through, it seemed none when they turned into me. Very dissapointing. I understand you guys are still racing but honestly it should not take that long.. I will presume whoever was does not use mirrors

We were all on the fastest part of the track you were not gaining on us at all.
Still cant get the heli view but have seen enough of a certain corner with Lee Ross on many many cam views, yes I always use my mirrors more than I should tbh, but on this occasion when your moaning!! rude and daft racing .com you simply can not choose to ignore others racing and be a track bully just because your about to lap someone, its called traffic, instead of forcing your move and then moaning about contact have a bit more patience and wait until the corner is over. As said previous I cant or others should not move of there line once committed to a corner. make your pass in a safe part of the track if not sorry but you will stay behind until im ok with grip etc,
I have been off track to many times now letting others passed and losing my line in corners, so break a bit harder or make the pass before others commit to the corners, or wait for the apex and power out the corner onto the straight thats when i will hold my foot off.

We were all on the fastest part of the track you were not gaining on us at all.
Still cant get the heli view but have seen enough of a certain corner with Lee Ross on many many cam views, yes I always use my mirrors more than I should tbh, but on this occasion when your moaning!! rude and daft racing .com you simply can not choose to ignore others racing and be a track bully just because your about to lap someone, its called traffic, instead of forcing your move and then moaning about contact have a bit more patience and wait until the corner is over. As said previous I cant or others should not move of there line once committed to a corner. make your pass in a safe part of the track if not sorry but you will stay behind until im ok with grip etc,
I have been off track to many times now letting others passed and losing my line in corners, so break a bit harder or make the pass before others commit to the corners, or wait for the apex and power out the corner onto the straight thats when i will hold my foot off.
Point is Stuart you should of moved before commiting to that corner, i was close enough for you to move over. You messed your own race up with an off and hold me up even though your not in my race. You could and should of backed off on the straight, that's where you usually would back off to allow faster cars through. Nice one. And not gaining on you? Are you watching the right cars in the replay? Also maybe you should watch it back from my view, first car i stayed behind and waited for the straight, he then slowed down as he should. I then see you take a very wide line and there was a big big gap up the inside and so i thought you were moving, watch it back, you obviously were not moving over in hindsight but you should learn to use mirrors

Point is Stuart you should of moved before commiting to that corner, i was close enough for you to move over. You messed your own race up with an off and hold me up even though your not in my race. You could and should of backed off on the straight, that's where you usually would back off to allow faster cars through. Nice one. And not gaining on you? Are you watching the right cars in the replay? Also maybe you should watch it back from my view, first car i stayed behind and waited for the straight, he then slowed down as he should. I then see you take a very wide line and there was a big big gap up the inside and so i thought you were moving, watch it back, you obviously were not moving over in hindsight but you should learn to use mirrors

Okay guys, take this to PM or make an official complaint, I dont care how you do it, but stop posting after race accusations on the forums, you should know this is not acceptable and I will warn you only once.

Thank you

Okay guys, take this to PM or make an official complaint, I dont care how you do it, but stop posting after race accusations on the forums, you should know this is not acceptable and I will warn you only once.

Thank you
Fair enough Brian i understand. I like the way my post is quoted when i was simply responding to a rather inciting post in the first place. Matter was finished as far as i was concerned hence me not posting but felt i had to reply.

No! Not yet.

I have not seen the update yet. Had a REAL crazy day today, which started at 3.45 this night :( Will look into the update later on, test everything for compatibility, and let you all know.

I am searching for it as well :)

rFactor says Simulation is up to date. So no online update. Will look some more.

Edit
Stuart, I can´t find it. Where did you see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 65 35.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 54.9%