Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC VR Hotfix Update.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new hotfix update for ACC, paying particular attention to addressing some VR related issues with the new Blancpain GT Series simulation.

Updates and hotfixes are always welcome in sim racing, and as such it is very nice to see that Kunos Simulazioni are not resting up with Assetto Corsa Competizione following the big 'Release 2' build deployment of October 10th. With that new release came the inclusion of VR gameplay for the very first time, and as can be expected with a new game, on a new engine platform, some things have still to be addressed before the latest version of the title can match the exceedingly high standards of the original Assetto Corsa simulation.

Not content to hold off until the next scheduled update, Kunos have today deployed a small fix to the simulation that has much attention to the world of VR gameplay, although it must be said that the latest hotfix release also works to address other issues of the title that have cropped up since the latest build, of which the details can be seen below:

Hotfix Update Notes
We are now online with a VR users dedicated hotfix introducing keyboard controls, fixed VR camera scaling (now 6DOF works properly) and some customization settings for your VR gaming experience.

ACC VR Update.jpg

To edit your HUD and camera preferences, head over to vrsettings.json, default location Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/vrsettings.json (edit with notepad).

For further support and technical info, please go here ---> https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-general-discussions.62/

• Enabled basic keyboard controls for UI (up, down, left, right, enter, back, pgup, pgdown)
  • VR: Fixed wrong camera scaling that made 6DOF appear to not work correctly
  • Added possibility to look left/right on current car and during replay (not only for the player car)
  • Added possibility to centre view in VR by holding look left or right or back (or cycle left or right in the UI) keys for 2 seconds
  • Fixed HUD not updating electronics values after car setup
  • Fixed filter on Car Selection page
  • Fixed pitstop casually affecting the wrong car
  • Fixed gamepad vibrating when paused
  • Different loading mode for some sound assets
  • Fixed ambient sounds not paused during slow motion / FFWD in replay
  • Better timing for start/stop music
  • Events poliphony optimisation
  • Tweaked sound distance attenuation for some events
  • Fast Rolling start is now default in every Realism preset
  • Fixed slow AI in very wet condition due to wrong detection of puddles
  • Flames and Sparks are now not rendered in internal cameras in the focused car to avoid unwanted flashes
  • Fixed offset values not refreshing when the camera is changed while in View Settings page
  • Tweaked mandatory pitstop request timing
  • Added minimum pit window length (5 mins)
  • Fixed possible crashes after 30 minutes

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Happy with the new hotix? Does the latest build address the outstanding VR functionality of the title? How do you rate ACC in VR? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
VR guys...theres nothing in the world thats going to fix your current VR headset generation poor quality!!! Its like waiting for a caw to produce wine instead. ACC guys...theres no caw in the world that is going to turn this game into the best simulation experience so far!!

Bottom line is: nowadays you have to lower your expectations way down in order to overcome guaranted frustration.

VR guys...theres nothing in the world thats going to fix your current VR headset generation poor quality!!! Its like waiting for a caw to produce wine instead. ACC guys...theres no caw in the world that is going to turn this game into the best simulation experience so far!!

Bottom line is: nowadays you have to lower your expectations way down in order to overcome guaranted frustration.

Nothin constructive :rolleyes: why bother posting ?
I have VR and know it's limitations , i also have a 4k screen (and system to run it) and also know its limitations !
I prefer VR limitations :thumbsup: love VR actually :confused:

I don't get why there's so many peeps complaining, and comparing ACC to AC. AC had near 5yrs of dev, ACC has had 2mths officially from EA release, it's a new engine for Kunos to work with, there's been other titles since we consumers accepted EA as the norm for games that have had more than their share of issues and problems, show some patience or don't buy or play it if it's not to your liking.

Ive had ACC since day one, but I haven't even fired it up yet, I have VR and a high end PC so there's nothing stopping me, other than reading forums to understand what others are experiencing. Once I'm happy that I will enjoy the experience based on others feed back, I'll fire it up, there's no need to get all hot and bothered over a 2mth old EA game having some issues, if it was V1.0 then sure complain all you like to Kunos, as that would be warranted. But at this point complaining here isn't helping Kunos overcome the issues that many are experiencing, if you really want to get these problems fixed "go tell Kunos" don't just whinge & whine about it here at RD, it's not RD's fault, their just trying to help the community by posting about the fixes that Kunos is releasing.

• Deleted member 197115

Agree, if you don't have nerves to handle it, uninstall and wait for the official release. I did.

2 hours of testing the right settings and now i can just say wow. It looks really great and the performance is really good with my 1070 gtx in vr. SimCommander also works with mit AC Settings. I think it is the best looking Racing Sim on my Oculus Rift. I´m really impressed of the Sounds and the Car behaviour in trouble. Very Good work Kunos.

move your Stick or controller for 3-4mm left or right nothing happens even dz is 0. You can also check it in the controller menue. It‘s like in pc2

Maybe I am just fortunate. I tried your suggestion in both games and felt no slack while moving stick side to side. I am no great racer, so perhaps its just something I have not noticed. I hope ACC can maybe upgrade this, so all can enjoy.

My brain bleeds when reading your fanboy-BS to justify horrible failures done by purpose. Many normal people seems to be able to fix the most horrific defaults Kunos released with this build. Why not doing at least that in the first place? The VR-UI is still the most horrible UI ever and really no reason why starting with this **** in the first place. You launch rF2 or pCars 2 and should know, how a VR-UI should look and function! There is no excuse delivering this pile of garbage!

I think he's not so much disagreeing with you as wondering what exactly you're trying to say. If you have a point to make, please make it with clarity rather than frothing rage, so that your point may be received by others.

Overall I'm not hugely impressed. I'd say that it's in poorer shape than AC was at this juncture in its release, in terms of the driving experience. VR is god-awful, juddering all over the place when I turn my head, bearing in mind my system has no issues doing VR in iRacing, RF2, Assetto Corsa 1, Project Cars 1/2, etc. They really need to optimise it.

I don't get why there's so many peeps complaining, and comparing ACC to AC. AC had near 5yrs of dev, ACC has had 2mths officially from EA release, it's a new engine for Kunos to work with, there's been other titles since we consumers accepted EA as the norm for games that have had more than their share of issues and problems, show some patience or don't buy or play it if it's not to your liking.

Ive had ACC since day one, but I haven't even fired it up yet, I have VR and a high end PC so there's nothing stopping me, other than reading forums to understand what others are experiencing. Once I'm happy that I will enjoy the experience based on others feed back, I'll fire it up, there's no need to get all hot and bothered over a 2mth old EA game having some issues, if it was V1.0 then sure complain all you like to Kunos, as that would be warranted. But at this point complaining here isn't helping Kunos overcome the issues that many are experiencing, if you really want to get these problems fixed "go tell Kunos" don't just whinge & whine about it here at RD, it's not RD's fault, their just trying to help the community by posting about the fixes that Kunos is releasing.

Hey pal :), you forget that sim racers number one favorite hobby is not sim racing but complaining and arguing with strangers on the internet. So secretly they're all overjoyed at the current state of ACC because it gives them lots to complain and argue about. :D

2 hours of testing the right settings and now i can just say wow. It looks really great and the performance is really good with my 1070 gtx in vr. SimCommander also works with mit AC Settings. I think it is the best looking Racing Sim on my Oculus Rift. I´m really impressed of the Sounds and the Car behaviour in trouble. Very Good work Kunos.

Are you on OR CV1? Could you share all your settings?
I'm running a 1070ti, quite satisfied but always eager to see if i can improve a little bit.
Thanks in advance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back