Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC VR Hotfix Update.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new hotfix update for ACC, paying particular attention to addressing some VR related issues with the new Blancpain GT Series simulation.

Updates and hotfixes are always welcome in sim racing, and as such it is very nice to see that Kunos Simulazioni are not resting up with Assetto Corsa Competizione following the big 'Release 2' build deployment of October 10th. With that new release came the inclusion of VR gameplay for the very first time, and as can be expected with a new game, on a new engine platform, some things have still to be addressed before the latest version of the title can match the exceedingly high standards of the original Assetto Corsa simulation.

Not content to hold off until the next scheduled update, Kunos have today deployed a small fix to the simulation that has much attention to the world of VR gameplay, although it must be said that the latest hotfix release also works to address other issues of the title that have cropped up since the latest build, of which the details can be seen below:

Hotfix Update Notes
We are now online with a VR users dedicated hotfix introducing keyboard controls, fixed VR camera scaling (now 6DOF works properly) and some customization settings for your VR gaming experience.

ACC VR Update.jpg

To edit your HUD and camera preferences, head over to vrsettings.json, default location Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/vrsettings.json (edit with notepad).

For further support and technical info, please go here ---> https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-general-discussions.62/

• Enabled basic keyboard controls for UI (up, down, left, right, enter, back, pgup, pgdown)
  • VR: Fixed wrong camera scaling that made 6DOF appear to not work correctly
  • Added possibility to look left/right on current car and during replay (not only for the player car)
  • Added possibility to centre view in VR by holding look left or right or back (or cycle left or right in the UI) keys for 2 seconds
  • Fixed HUD not updating electronics values after car setup
  • Fixed filter on Car Selection page
  • Fixed pitstop casually affecting the wrong car
  • Fixed gamepad vibrating when paused
  • Different loading mode for some sound assets
  • Fixed ambient sounds not paused during slow motion / FFWD in replay
  • Better timing for start/stop music
  • Events poliphony optimisation
  • Tweaked sound distance attenuation for some events
  • Fast Rolling start is now default in every Realism preset
  • Fixed slow AI in very wet condition due to wrong detection of puddles
  • Flames and Sparks are now not rendered in internal cameras in the focused car to avoid unwanted flashes
  • Fixed offset values not refreshing when the camera is changed while in View Settings page
  • Tweaked mandatory pitstop request timing
  • Added minimum pit window length (5 mins)
  • Fixed possible crashes after 30 minutes

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Happy with the new hotix? Does the latest build address the outstanding VR functionality of the title? How do you rate ACC in VR? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
goggles made my head sweat.
VR is freaking awesome ! and yep i sweat but i did when just in 2D , i live in Queensland ! I sweat just sitting some days :giggle: resolution isn't an issue while it is lower than playing on a 2D screen at 1080p it really isn't that bad if your PC can SuperSample a bit . ACC looks really clear with 1.4 pixel density ! all the menus and dash instruments are clear as and its totally enjoyable ! I will never race on 2D again :cool:

• Deleted member 241736

I'm in Kunos seconde most stupid Fanboy-base here and yes, i feel better to tell the truth
No no RD isn‘t really not the second fanboy-base. Jeffrey is so relaxed and has a great distance to the KUNOS dudes also you can sharp and friendly critism AC or ACC without banning from his forum. You‘re wrong believe me

Please keep things respectful. Just because others may share a differing opinion to you doesn't mean they deserve to be subject to such language.

Don't like the game? Don't play it. Simple.
And with that, this discussion is over.
So, if I understand you, if something is wrong with the game, this equates to us not liking it. If this is the case, even though we bought it, we should then just not play it? But I thought everyone keeps saying this is early access. And that Kunos need feedback. So, don't offer any. Just don't play it? Ok
As I personally do not have VR. and not likely to dive into it until the resolution is a lot higher and also optimized I am quite happy with my 5760x1080 Triple Screen set up....even though ACC is not got triple screen support as yet, and maybe never as I read on some forums the Unreal engine does / may not support triple screen either....this , however does not phase me in the least a I am really enjoying ACC at the moment and are looking forward to each and every build update that arrives.
Wow. Looks good on your system eh? Perhaps I should downgrade my card then because it looks like total mud at 1920x1080 on my 1060 GTX.

So, if I understand you, if something is wrong with the game, this equates to us not liking it. If this is the case, even though we bought it, we should then just not play it? But I thought everyone keeps saying this is early access. And that Kunos need feedback. So, don't offer any. Just don't play it? Ok
You are more than welcome to post your dislike, disappointment or whatever it is that is frustrating you about the game. However, there is a difference between posting actual, legitimate feedback and posting abusive, name-calling and comments that are in breach of our Terms of Service.

Now, let's get back on topic shall we?

I am still pretty disappointed in ACC. The title just pales in comparison to AC. I am baffled why Kunos has to have members of the public to tell them that the FFB is broken. Surely them booting up AC for 5 minutes will show that? Even though the FFB is slightly better now, its still not in the same league as AC. The UI menus look like a mobile game, horrible design, which I knew from the start would be straight up designed for consoles for what is destined to be a multi-platform game.
And as a reminder to everyone: Kunos is now owned by Digital Brothers. They are simply not the Kunos of old anymore. Hate to say it, but this is the reality of it. 1. Budget is set. 2. Timeline must be adhered to. 3. Game launches. 4. Hopefully, revenue comes in. DB will simply dictate what will happen when, how much time will be spent for this or that. They will not allow the Kunos guys to spend too much time on things that they deem a money loser. They're in a big push now to get tracks and cars done, finish the game and get it fully released. They're not going to just pay these guys for hours and hours of bug fixing that makes them no money. Hate to say it, but this is how most game companies work anymore. Hopefully I'm wrong and the game will be stellar. But you can see that is already showing itself to be somewhat true. Why rush to release in EA with so many problems?

I don't believe you unfortunately. Didn't I just say that that's the card I have? And..... it looks like mud. Furthermore it's just a slideshow. FPS is terrible.
Why would I lie? I bought the game just the same as you did, I hold no loyalties to Kunos or any other developer and if I was disappointed with a certain aspect I would definately complain, just as I have in the VRally thread, regarding the ridiculous Ai, but suit yourself, believe what you want mate.

And as a reminder to everyone: Kunos is now owned by Digital Brothers. They are simply not the Kunos of old anymore. Hate to say it, but this is the reality of it. 1. Budget is set. 2. Timeline must be adhered to. 3. Game launches. 4. Hopefully, revenue comes in. DB will simply dictate what will happen when, how much time will be spent for this or that. They will not allow the Kunos guys to spend too much time on things that they deem a money loser. They're in a big push now to get tracks and cars done, finish the game and get it fully released. They're not going to just pay these guys for hours and hours of bug fixing that makes them no money. Hate to say it, but this is how most game companies work anymore. Hopefully I'm wrong and the game will be stellar. But you can see that is already showing itself to be somewhat true. Why rush to release in EA with so many problems?
Abgefahren disagrees that Kunos is owned by Digital Brothers.

• Deleted member 241736

Im not running VR but just wondering if the keyboard update is just for VR? Because my keyboard still cant do anything?
Hey wake up, keyboarders- and controller-guys stays at the end of the queue. Maybe we will be cut off. It annoys me very much (this non-support)

It's fascinating to see how whiny VR-users are, luckily I don't have to deal with the issues they have with my 13-in-a-dozen-1080p screen.

Reading the posts around, it seems 110% of the simracers are on VR. Sure thing, 110% of the complains are from those guys.

Any move NOT directed to the VR universe, is considered as a waste of time.

Maybe there should be a closed forum just for the VR guys...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back