Build 2 of Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione has been updated! Build 2 brings with it a new car, track, VR and plenty of improvements too...

Pretty much every sim racing fan who lives in a world of internet connection and passing interest in our hobby will be aware that Assetto Corsa Competizione is a thing, and by the same token I'm sure they probably know that today is patch day. With that in mind, and following an unbelievably strange day that kept me from the laptop (and the ACC update) until almost midnight, let's have a look at the update notes and see what's new.

Oh, and sorry for the late posting... :)

ACC Screenshot 0.2  (11).png
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (13).png

Assetto Corsa Competizione Update 2 Build Notes:
  • Fixed “No VR no buy”
  • New first-gen Bentley Continental GT3
  • New Misano Circuit
  • Aero: Non circulatory lift implemented
  • Setup UI and logic changes to accomodate a big number of damper clicks
  • Hotlap has fixed fuel load (10L). Also fuel load slider is not available in UI in hotlap sessions
  • Bumpstop telemetry graphs in setup mechanical balance screen
  • Fixes and fine tuning in setup aero screen
  • Decimal numbers in front aero variation values
  • Code for realistic (displayed) brake bias values
  • Brake bias variation now possible in decimal numbers
  • Fine tuning on preset setups
  • Setup name now shown on top screen title
  • Setup name adds an asterisk when user changes setup values, indicating saving is needed.
  • UI warning when users tries to load a different setup, or a preset, indicating that you might lose your setup changes if any
  • Setup protection against out of limits values
  • Setup Input/Output filtering for car and circuit
  • Setup navigation fixes
  • Fine tuning of Huracan suspension geometry and dampers
  • Fine tuning of tyre model camber gain, IMO heat range, and more
  • FFB option screen new sliders: dynamic damper, road effects
  • controls.json extra FFB values. minDamper, damperGain
  • Stability control is now using different logic
  • Reworked driver steering animation
  • Adjusted safety net position in the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
  • Added driver assets for the teams featured
  • Adjusted water spray effects in the night
  • Nurburgring fixes and improvements
  • Added HUD option for speed unit toggle
  • Added timetables to pause menu & post-session
  • Added sharpness option to video settings
  • Added pitch angle adjustment to camera settings
  • Added Save, Cancel, Defaults and Quit buttons to camera settings
  • Proximity indicator toggle in HUD options
  • Added Sprint Race Weekend and Hotlap Superpole in Game Mode options
  • Track selection page navigation fixes
  • Fixed bug when loading the last gamemode settings
  • Added auto engine start
  • Added auto pitlimiter
  • Fixed Pitlimiter issue with pitlimiter lights on toggle
  • Added multiple starting lights logic
  • Added pitstop logic (basic) for humam and AI
  • Added Sprint race weekend system
  • Practice and Qualify Overtime has a max time of 3 minutes
  • Controller page: Starter, Look functions and Shift can’t be set as advanced
  • Fixed engine forced shut off when return on track after setup changes
  • Fixed wrong weather key on json
  • Fixed weather selection on UI not reset after a special event
  • Added New camera sequence for Full formation lap
  • Tweaked Marshal system to avoid false spline recognition
  • Added logic for flags when in entry and exit lane (slower speed are allowed without raising any flag)
  • Reworked steer scale/steer inverted control options
  • Removed confusing ghost car time references in the gui
  • Added base version of end session highlights
  • Fixed music still on after cliking drive or restarting
  • Audio engine optimizations
  • Added superpole/pitwindow/hotstint event spotter
  • Fixed double engine start inside the reverb zone
  • Minor tweaks for tyres scrub sound on dry and wet conditions
  • Fixed clicks in particular camera switches
  • Fixed pit alarm sound for Nürburgring
  • Minor tweaks for crowd and track speakers distance attenuation
  • Fixed announcer voice stops after some minutes
  • Fixed bodywork noise entering the setup page
  • Removed the possibility to change lights/wiper stage in the replay
  • Fixed mirror visibility in the replay
  • Added current session time, car lap time, valid lap and fuel for replay
  • Slow Motion now affects the entire world
  • Fixed slow motion pause state for replay hud
  • Stability control is now less performant with steering wheel to avoid being used as illegal aid
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (14).png
ACC Screenshot 0.2  (17a.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

What do you think of the new build? Happy with the latest ACC update? Does VR work well for you? What do you most like from the new change log? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I've not had change to try it yet :(

Been a late finish at work and then still building up my new rig.... so looking forward to the next few days when I can get behind the wheel!

Is it any good?
Don't expect a properly working VR yet, probably in 0.2.1, too many issues with it at the moment (artifacts, blur, tracking scale error, etc). :(
On a general note though, the Bentley drives nicely, Misano is well represented, and we now have drying wet conditions to test.

Running in VR pretty fine here! All graphics values on high. 18 cars visible.
Resembling a lot the quality i usually got in AC.
My specs: Win 7 - i5 4570 3.20 GHz - GTX 1070ti - 16GB DDR Ram - SSD HD - Oculus Rift CV1

The Bentley seems quite driveable... i expected much worse. Or maybe Kunos evolved the game FFB a little bit?
I can feel the rear tyres much clearer now... need to jump back on the Lambo i guess to understand if my perception is right.

I'd love to move the VR panels in game far from the current position: is it possible to set their distance from our POV? Anyone know how? Thx

Don't expect a properly working VR yet, probably in 0.2.1, too many issues with it at the moment (artifacts, blur, tracking scale error, etc). :(
On a general note though, the Bentley drives nicely, Misano is well represented, and we now have drying wet conditions to test.
The wet to dry works nicely. With each lap as the track dried my confidence increased and lap times dropped. The visual clues were there as well, even in the less than stellar VR mode.

I'd love to move the VR panels in game far from the current position: is it possible to set their distance from our POV? Anyone know how? Thx

Found it: CTRL + left/right arrows...

Tried to set ULTRA on most of the graphics and it runs quite smooth at 120 SS.
I know it could be better and a little less blurry but to be an EA 2nd step release it's pretty good.

Overall, VR is as always a game changer. A pity the CV1 has its pixel limitations.
I am salivating for the VR headsets available in 2025... They'll be mindblowing and we're quite lucky we could live this incredible era for simracing immersion.

What do you think of the new build? Happy with the latest ACC update? Does VR work well for you? What do you most like from the new change log?
Very happy with the latest Build 2 update and mostly looked forward to the Bentley and it sounds fantastic and feels great on my TS XW Racer...as does the entire game.
A New track is always welcome and 'Misano' looks great, but very tightish' corners....will need to practice a lot on that track to get a good time.
Do not have VR but still happy I can use my Triple Screen set up even though proper T/Screen is not supported as yet, as this does not worry me at the least...but have to reduce Video settings down to 'Low' or 'Off' to get at least 30 - 40 FPS on 5760x1080 using my dated GTX690.

Change Log...'Proximity Red Arrows' can be 'Disabled' in the HUD...Yay, thanks Kunos

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back