VR Specific Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC VR Hotfix Update.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new hotfix update for ACC, paying particular attention to addressing some VR related issues with the new Blancpain GT Series simulation.

Updates and hotfixes are always welcome in sim racing, and as such it is very nice to see that Kunos Simulazioni are not resting up with Assetto Corsa Competizione following the big 'Release 2' build deployment of October 10th. With that new release came the inclusion of VR gameplay for the very first time, and as can be expected with a new game, on a new engine platform, some things have still to be addressed before the latest version of the title can match the exceedingly high standards of the original Assetto Corsa simulation.

Not content to hold off until the next scheduled update, Kunos have today deployed a small fix to the simulation that has much attention to the world of VR gameplay, although it must be said that the latest hotfix release also works to address other issues of the title that have cropped up since the latest build, of which the details can be seen below:

Hotfix Update Notes
We are now online with a VR users dedicated hotfix introducing keyboard controls, fixed VR camera scaling (now 6DOF works properly) and some customization settings for your VR gaming experience.

ACC VR Update.jpg

To edit your HUD and camera preferences, head over to vrsettings.json, default location Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/vrsettings.json (edit with notepad).

For further support and technical info, please go here ---> https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-general-discussions.62/

• Enabled basic keyboard controls for UI (up, down, left, right, enter, back, pgup, pgdown)
  • VR: Fixed wrong camera scaling that made 6DOF appear to not work correctly
  • Added possibility to look left/right on current car and during replay (not only for the player car)
  • Added possibility to centre view in VR by holding look left or right or back (or cycle left or right in the UI) keys for 2 seconds
  • Fixed HUD not updating electronics values after car setup
  • Fixed filter on Car Selection page
  • Fixed pitstop casually affecting the wrong car
  • Fixed gamepad vibrating when paused
  • Different loading mode for some sound assets
  • Fixed ambient sounds not paused during slow motion / FFWD in replay
  • Better timing for start/stop music
  • Events poliphony optimisation
  • Tweaked sound distance attenuation for some events
  • Fast Rolling start is now default in every Realism preset
  • Fixed slow AI in very wet condition due to wrong detection of puddles
  • Flames and Sparks are now not rendered in internal cameras in the focused car to avoid unwanted flashes
  • Fixed offset values not refreshing when the camera is changed while in View Settings page
  • Tweaked mandatory pitstop request timing
  • Added minimum pit window length (5 mins)
  • Fixed possible crashes after 30 minutes

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Happy with the new hotix? Does the latest build address the outstanding VR functionality of the title? How do you rate ACC in VR? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
After they fixed this ridiculous .1 physics to above average if not leading standard, i hope they do the same with the VR-support soon, not just this small patches. My VR-experience changed from total garbage to playable because i took some hours into fixing stuff like many others, but i don't see a reasons why this is such a garbage in the first place. Instead of one guy fixing the most BS and giving us a reasonable VR-experience there are thousands trying to fix the numbers with more or less success and I guess this is intentionally...

After they fixed this ridiculous .1 physics to above average if not leading standard, i hope they do the same with the VR-support soon, not just this small patches. My VR-experience changed from total garbage to playable because i took some hours into fixing stuff like many others, but i don't see a reasons why this is such a garbage in the first place. Instead of one guy fixing the most BS and giving us a reasonable VR-experience there are thousands trying to fix the numbers with more or less success and I guess this is intentionally...

What?
My brain hurts after reading that.

Three words: Early Access Game

It's not even near complete. Why do people not get this?

What?
My brain hurts after reading that.
My brain bleeds when reading your fanboy-BS to justify horrible failures done by purpose. Many normal people seems to be able to fix the most horrific defaults Kunos released with this build. Why not doing at least that in the first place? The VR-UI is still the most horrible UI ever and really no reason why starting with this **** in the first place. You launch rF2 or pCars 2 and should know, how a VR-UI should look and function! There is no excuse delivering this pile of garbage!

Last edited:

randMracer

Shut Up and Race!
My brain bleeds when reading your fanboy-BS to justify horrible failures done by purpose. Many normal people seems to be able to fix the most horrific defaults Kunos released with this build. Why not doing at least that in the first place? The VR-UI is still the most horrible UI ever and really no reason why starting with this **** in the first place. You launch rF2 or pCars 2 and should know, how a VR-UI should look and function! There is no excuse delivering this pile of garbage!
Do you feel better now? :p

@Leynad777
It was stated before pushing the button "buy" that this is an Early Access.
It was said by Kunos guys as well this would have been not the final version, but a way to help them improving the sim during the development.

Nobody forced you to buy ACC. You did on your own will. You could have waited to see how things were progressing over time, instead, or just wait to buy the V1.0 at full price.

if you're so angry and you don't even know the meaning of the words patience and Early Access, then I suggest you to stop playing ACC until the V1.0 release date and dedicate yourself to other sims you like more. As simple as that...

Perhaps give the developers a chance? I'm fairly new to this, but as far as I'm concerned, Kunos has done a fantastic job at looking after their games and customers. They deserve a little patience.

While VR is a great addition to sim racing, is it possible that some expected too much too soon? I'm purposely waiting until this tech is optimized for today's systems before I dive into VR. I have friends who bought these kits for their kids and even the kids are mature enough to understand that.

Chris

Premium
I'm in Kunos seconde most stupid Fanboy-base here and yes, i feel better to tell the truth
Please keep things respectful. Just because others may share a differing opinion to you doesn't mean they deserve to be subject to such language.

Don't like the game? Don't play it. Simple.
And with that, this discussion is over.

M D Gourley

Premium
As I personally do not have VR. and not likely to dive into it until the resolution is a lot higher and also optimized I am quite happy with my 5760x1080 Triple Screen set up....even though ACC is not got triple screen support as yet, and maybe never as I read on some forums the Unreal engine does / may not support triple screen either....this , however does not phase me in the least a I am really enjoying ACC at the moment and are looking forward to each and every build update that arrives.

thx for this hotfix in between the EA roadmap. Good for keyboard and VR boys, have fun dudes with that fix. Meanwhile we enjoy the „golden October“ -> „indian summer“ cause that f***** deadzone is still on 30-40* degrees - controller is not useable.

Are you just typing random words ? :laugh:

thx for this hotfix in between the EA roadmap. Good for keyboard and VR boys, have fun dudes with that fix. Meanwhile we enjoy the „golden October“ -> „indian summer“ cause that f***** deadzone is still on 30-40* degrees - controller is not useable.

I am not disputing your comments, but my controller works great (X Box One). My deadzone is set on "0".

I'm hoping these fixes & features are just some workarounds as having to assign 2 keys left/right or ctl/space like in AC is not a good idea. Having the ability to have a key modifier assigned would be a nice addition but it seems they are some way off having some basic functionality like mouse support. I'm guessing that they just port some stuff over from AC maybe to save time while they work on a better implementation. The ffb already feels very good imo & i guess that's what they really focus on for now. Looking forward to the next release.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 91 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.1%
  • €3001-5000