Kunos Simulazioni have released a new hotfix update for ACC, paying particular attention to addressing some VR related issues with the new Blancpain GT Series simulation.
Updates and hotfixes are always welcome in sim racing, and as such it is very nice to see that Kunos Simulazioni are not resting up with Assetto Corsa Competizione following the big 'Release 2' build deployment of October 10th. With that new release came the inclusion of VR gameplay for the very first time, and as can be expected with a new game, on a new engine platform, some things have still to be addressed before the latest version of the title can match the exceedingly high standards of the original Assetto Corsa simulation.
Not content to hold off until the next scheduled update, Kunos have today deployed a small fix to the simulation that has much attention to the world of VR gameplay, although it must be said that the latest hotfix release also works to address other issues of the title that have cropped up since the latest build, of which the details can be seen below:
Hotfix Update Notes
We are now online with a VR users dedicated hotfix introducing keyboard controls, fixed VR camera scaling (now 6DOF works properly) and some customization settings for your VR gaming experience.
To edit your HUD and camera preferences, head over to vrsettings.json, default location Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/vrsettings.json (edit with notepad).
For further support and technical info, please go here ---> https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-general-discussions.62/
- Enabled basic keyboard controls for UI (up, down, left, right, enter, back, pgup, pgdown)
- VR: Fixed wrong camera scaling that made 6DOF appear to not work correctly
- Added possibility to look left/right on current car and during replay (not only for the player car)
- Added possibility to centre view in VR by holding look left or right or back (or cycle left or right in the UI) keys for 2 seconds
- Fixed HUD not updating electronics values after car setup
- Fixed filter on Car Selection page
- Fixed pitstop casually affecting the wrong car
- Fixed gamepad vibrating when paused
- Different loading mode for some sound assets
- Fixed ambient sounds not paused during slow motion / FFWD in replay
- Better timing for start/stop music
- Events poliphony optimisation
- Tweaked sound distance attenuation for some events
- Fast Rolling start is now default in every Realism preset
- Fixed slow AI in very wet condition due to wrong detection of puddles
- Flames and Sparks are now not rendered in internal cameras in the focused car to avoid unwanted flashes
- Fixed offset values not refreshing when the camera is changed while in View Settings page
- Tweaked mandatory pitstop request timing
- Added minimum pit window length (5 mins)
- Fixed possible crashes after 30 minutes
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.
Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!
Happy with the new hotix? Does the latest build address the outstanding VR functionality of the title? How do you rate ACC in VR? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!