VR is Coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione this October..

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.jpg

Launching to Early Access this September 12th, Kunos Simulazioni have laid down their development release schedule for ACC over the coming months...

So that's it then, VR confirmed! With the initial release of ACC on Steam Early Access scheduled for September 12th set to contain a limited selection of content and features, Kunos have confirmed the following months will see a gradual monthly update to the simulation, adding more cars, tracks, features and content to the sim until it reaches an eventual version 1 launch sometime around the first quarter of 2019.

So back to VR then... well many people have questioned if ACC will follow on from the original Assetto Corsa and come with VR support in the new title, functionality that is natively supported in Unreal 4, and it now looks like the answer is yes.. but not for initial launch in September.. VR coming as part of the second patch on October 10th... which is good news indeed for Virtual Reality fans...

You can check out the initial release calendar below:

ACC Release Roadmap .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will release on Steam Early Access this September 12th.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Assetto Corsa Competizione 2.jpg

Happy to see the proposed progress of ACC? Pleased VR will be coming sooner rather than later? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Still looking (really slow internet where I am atm), but couldn't find any. I don't remember where I saw them either. I do remember Is was relieved to see triples working , though most of the setups were single wide screen curved monitors, a few curved triples too iirc...
Just mailed a friend who is on triples for his thoughts.

A quote from Nao at AC forum:
""""" Sooo... If anybody is interested in running Triples right now, it is possible, there is no bezel or angle controls on side screens but game has no problems running at 5760x1080. I'm using "winexplorer" to force this window resolution, and added 1920 to safe zone left and right in hud.json (in documents) to stop apps from running away to side screens.

Resolution resets on load thou so i wonder if anybody knows where video settings are stored? Would make the whole ordeal quite a bit easier."""""

Seems like too many people don’t know the sim racing/flight sim definition of triple screen support. Moving HUD to the center screen isn’t the main issue, it’s the fish eye Lens effect. True triple support is the game rendering 3 cameras, one for each monitor so that everything looks natural, no stretching. Kunos knows this is a staple feature of sim racers so I’m really surprised it’s not there and not mentioned at all in the development roadmap.

Last edited:
I don't see how they are going to leave out something they did so well and are well aware that people want and need. Of course I could be wrong, but I can't see it happening. The game is in it;s earliest release stage. They are most likely still working out the UI portion of it. Raceroom did the same thing when they released the true triple screen support. You had to manually add the degrees in via the launch commands. After that they fixed it up and implemented it properly.

I wouldn't worry. Kunos aren't Codemasters........

I think those people still think its just like looking at screen but instead its completely takes over your world

There are many reason why people don't want to bother with VR. Not everyone has a strong stomach that "will adjust after some practice" (not your words, but I've heard that mentioned over and over). Some people have balance issues. I personally have a vestibular imbalance issue that I've been dealing with for almost 5 years now. Sim racing on triples challenges it every now and again, but I can't imagine doing VR...I sometimes feel like I'm physically moving when I'm sitting/standing/laying still...imagine adding fake, all-encompassing movement to that equation.

20180820_235901.jpg

This is from the nvidia booth at gamecom.
I don't know the first thing about setting up a triplescreen. Is it stretched or proper?

Definitely single screen mode stretched, not true (or even fake) triple screen, plus there's the gear and speed HUD over on the right screen just like the version we have now.

If it were even the 'fake' triple screen support, all the HUD info would be on the center screen.

There are many reason why people don't want to bother with VR. Not everyone has a strong stomach that "will adjust after some practice" (not your words, but I've heard that mentioned over and over). Some people have balance issues. I personally have a vestibular imbalance issue that I've been dealing with for almost 5 years now. Sim racing on triples challenges it every now and again, but I can't imagine doing VR...I sometimes feel like I'm physically moving when I'm sitting/standing/laying still...imagine adding fake, all-encompassing movement to that equation.
So, let’s recap, you have no experience with VR but feel compelled to express a negative opinion on something you know nothing about, fascinating!

So, let’s recap, you have no experience with VR but feel compelled to express a negative opinion on something you know nothing about, fascinating!

OK...?

So, let’s recap, you have no experience with Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, but feel compelled to express a negative opinion on something you know nothing about, fascinating!

I'll chalk this up to being lost in translation, but the way I feel tonight? "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

Good night and good luck.

I have so much lag in this game, i doubt it will be ever VR-ready with this engine, but hope i'm wrong. Anyway, physics and FFB feels so fake, i can't take it serious anyway in this state. I rather believe in a flat Earth than this is how GT3-cars drive and already six real drivers confirmed that.

OK...?

So, let’s recap, you have no experience with Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, but feel compelled to express a negative opinion on something you know nothing about, fascinating!

I'll chalk this up to being lost in translation, but the way I feel tonight? "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

Good night and good luck.

I am not in a thread discussing “Benign paroxysmal“ and I did not express an opinion about it, as I do not know enough about it. I am sorry for your handicap and hope you can fix it.
We are in thread discussing VR, which I have plenty of experience with. Why you feel compelled to express an opinion on a subject you don’t have experience with, for whatever reason, is fascinating to me.

It's pretty clear that VR is not for everyone and will never be universally embraced - or even accepted, and the reasons are many. Still, I hope the technology evolves and matures within my time because it certainly is another aspect that makes Sim-racing more immersive.

I'm happy that some developers see VR as being worth-while to provide support; whether intended or not, their work supports - not only the players that use it but, also the technology and it's evolution. :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.9%