VR is Coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione this October..

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.jpg

Launching to Early Access this September 12th, Kunos Simulazioni have laid down their development release schedule for ACC over the coming months...

So that's it then, VR confirmed! With the initial release of ACC on Steam Early Access scheduled for September 12th set to contain a limited selection of content and features, Kunos have confirmed the following months will see a gradual monthly update to the simulation, adding more cars, tracks, features and content to the sim until it reaches an eventual version 1 launch sometime around the first quarter of 2019.

So back to VR then... well many people have questioned if ACC will follow on from the original Assetto Corsa and come with VR support in the new title, functionality that is natively supported in Unreal 4, and it now looks like the answer is yes.. but not for initial launch in September.. VR coming as part of the second patch on October 10th... which is good news indeed for Virtual Reality fans...

You can check out the initial release calendar below:

ACC Release Roadmap .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will release on Steam Early Access this September 12th.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Assetto Corsa Competizione 2.jpg

Happy to see the proposed progress of ACC? Pleased VR will be coming sooner rather than later? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

but even after the full game comes out I've got a feeling I'll end up finding the content quite limited and return to AC and its abundant wealth of mods.

Why can you only play one or the other? Why not play and enjoy them all? When ACC is fully released I plan on playing both ACC and AC as well as iRacing and R3E, for years to come. :)

You are too predictable:D So old AC has a dozen times more players than ACC and yet Marco call it a great success:whistling: There was even a sell-out for around 8 Euros for ACC and looks for me they try to sell as many copies as possible before the shitstorm...:speechless:

Are you really comparing player numbers from a very early Early Release title (that only has one track, one car, and limited features) to a full game that's been out for four years and is arguably the most popular racing sim on Steam? Dunning-Kruger indeed. :whistling:

Count me as one looking forward to VR. I tried ACC briefly on the pancakes but between not being in VR and me not being in the rig for several months it all felt very foreign and was impossible for me to form any kind of opinion about it.

Are you really comparing player numbers from a very early Early Release title (that only has one track, one car, and limited features) to a full game that's been out for four years and is arguably the most popular racing sim on Steam? Dunning-Kruger indeed. :whistling:

Count me as one looking forward to VR. I tried ACC briefly on the pancakes but between not being in VR and me not being in the rig for several months it all felt very foreign and was impossible for me to form any kind of opinion about it.

With the current input lag ACC it will be not reasonably playable in VR and hiding arms and wheel in VR is not an option for me and most VR-users I guess. They hopefully fix the physics, which have potential, but i doubt they can do enough about the lag. And only 244 peak-players playing a brand-new game like ACC is suspicious with maybe up to 50k owners already.

Why can you only play one or the other? Why not play and enjoy them all? When ACC is fully released I plan on playing both ACC and AC as well as iRacing and R3E, for years to come. :)

TBH I find it hard adjusting to different sims when I flip-flop between a few of them. Not just the physics, but the menus too. I've tended to play Assetto Corsa almost exclusively this year because it's straightforward, familiar, content-rich (with mods) and... I just prefer it as an overall package to all of the others. The recent night, weather, stereo mirrors etc mods have injected more life into it too. I have now bought ACC and when VR gets added I'll no doubt give it a good thrashing. But yeah, I guess I don't really see the point of playing loads of different sims when one of them ticks almost all of the boxes for me in one neat package.

With the current input lag ACC it will be not reasonably playable in VR and hiding arms and wheel in VR is not an option for me and most VR-users I guess. They hopefully fix the physics, which have potential, but i doubt they can do enough about the lag.
There is no universal input lag for everyone so maybe you should fix your system/settings. Your signature says "55" 4k", that sounds like some laggy tv if you are used to play with CV1.

There is no universal input lag for everyone so maybe you should fix your system/settings. Your signature says "55" 4k", that sounds like some laggy tv if you are used to play with CV1.

I thought about it before testing some rigs with the same lag at the Expo. And no problems in any other sim even with v-sync enabled. If I enable it in ACC the lag goes up to half a second I guess. You can see the minimal-lag i get here as well (3h10m):

Last edited:
And only 244 peak-players playing a brand-new game like ACC is suspicious with maybe up to 50k owners already.

Like @Brandon Wright already pointed out it's absolute stupid and ridiculous to compare player numbers from a very early Early Release title with very limited content and features to a full final game.

But just for fun let's do the comparsion for the flat earther and set the values in the right relations.
Steam Spy yesterday:

-Project Cars 2 - 1,414 player out of 200.000 owner
(using the highest possible owner value like @Leynad777)
= 0,71%

-Assetto Corsa Competizione - 270 player out of 50.000 owner
= 0,54 %

So the difference between PC2 (full game) to ACC (EA first release) player/owner is just 0,17% :whistling:

Last edited:
Like @Brandon Wright already pointed out it's absolute stupid and ridiculous to compare player numbers from a very early Early Release title with very limited content and features to a full final game.

But just for fun let's do the comparsion for the flat earther and set the values in the right relations.
Steam Spy yesterday:

= 0,71%

= 0,54 %

So the difference between PC2 to ACC player/owner is just 0,17% :whistling:

Considering it is only one car and one track it is quite an amazing percentage for ACC.

With the current input lag ACC it will be not reasonably playable in VR and hiding arms and wheel in VR is not an option for me and most VR-users I guess. They hopefully fix the physics, which have potential, but i doubt they can do enough about the lag. And only 244 peak-players playing a brand-new game like ACC is suspicious with maybe up to 50k owners already.

If only they'd done some kind of early release program where they could start simple with a very basic build and gather user input on bugs, problems, and how to improve the product. But alas they're now stuck with this final version that can never receive any improvements or fixes. :rolleyes:

FFS, it's not a brand-new game. It blows my mind how many people can to grasp the very basic concept of an early access program. :whistling:

TBH I find it hard adjusting to different sims when I flip-flop between a few of them. Not just the physics, but the menus too. I've tended to play Assetto Corsa almost exclusively this year because it's straightforward, familiar, content-rich (with mods) and... I just prefer it as an overall package to all of the others. The recent night, weather, stereo mirrors etc mods have injected more life into it too. I have now bought ACC and when VR gets added I'll no doubt give it a good thrashing. But yeah, I guess I don't really see the point of playing loads of different sims when one of them ticks almost all of the boxes for me in one neat package.

I guess I'm different, takes me maybe 2-3 laps to adjust to a different sim and I've never had any problem figuring out menus. For me all the sims offer different flavors and experiences and I enjoy sampling all of them (well, not all of them, some just have a slightly foul flavor). AC for carving up canyon roads in street cars or track days at the Nords, R3E for racing against challenging AI on lesser-known tracks, iRacing for intense multiplayer racing, eventually ACC for that really in-depth GT3 racing simulation experience. I love the variety. And even though Pizza Hut ticks almost all the boxes I could ever want on a pizza I still branch out on occasion and get Papa Murphy's or for a real treat drive down to Giordano's and revel in their glorious pie (my god it's GOOD!!). ACC will probably be like my Giordano's for sim racing, it won't be my go-to but every now and then when I want a really gourmet experience I'll fire it up and enjoy it's flavors. AC/iRacing will be my Pizza Hut, my go-to's that are well-known and never disappoint. :)

Dammit, now I'm hungry.....

If I enable it in ACC the lag goes up to half a second I guess. You can see the minimal-lag i get here as well (3h10m):
I can see some lag in that video. I don't experience that in my game. There is no input lag difference to other games.

That half a second sounds like something is seriously wrong with your system or just bs. Guess both.

If only they'd done some kind of early release program where they could start simple with a very basic build and gather user input on bugs, problems, and how to improve the product. But alas they're now stuck with this final version that can never receive any improvements or fixes. :rolleyes:

FFS, it's not a brand-new game. It blows my mind how many people can to grasp the very basic concept of an early access program. :whistling:
Racing-games like WRC, SLRE and other titles certainly don't have input lag by purpose. Even WRC 7 has atrocious input lag and the number suggests, they had some time to fix it. I hope i'm wrong, but i doubt Kunos can do enough about it as well. In two weeks we will know;)

Steam Spy yesterday:

= 0,71%

= 0,54 %

So the difference between PC2 (full game) to ACC (EA first release) player/owner is just 0,17% :whistling:

No, that's 24% less and pCars 2 had the highest player count during the first weeks even with far less owners, despite it was full of bugs and even placeholder-physics that got fixed since a while. ACC might go the opposite way, but if i would be the publisher, i would be concerned about the current numbers.

No, that's 24% less and pCars 2 had the highest player count during the first weeks even with far less owners, despite it was full of bugs and even placeholder-physics that got fixed since a while. ACC might go the opposite way, but if i would be the publisher, i would be concerned about the current numbers.
And again you don't get the point :O_o:
But great to hear Project Cars 2 had the highest player count during the first month of EA. :thumbsup:

Just an idea:
The bad and stupid guys of SMS were not willing to follow your suggestions to make PC2 to a successful game.
Why you don't join Kunos with all your knowledge and experience and fix this "piece of ****" with the brake "bull****-physics" and the "shitty" driving Huracan?
Out of your post all over it should be an easy job for you because you know everything better.
After this its would be also very easy for you to plublish ACC in the right way.

Dunning Kruger at its best :roflmao:

Last edited:
When a car with full ABS spins while braking straight for T1 and every other second corner and the same **** happens to all four of the real Lambo-drivers inside the best rig on the Expo, i assume the physics are full of :poop:
Mod Edit: personal abuse. Stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, and this is only the first EA release.
I am genuinely trying to understand why so many people on here can't grasp what this means. I'm also getting perturbed (and that's not good for me at my age) at the direction some of the posts are heading in.:whistling: On the plus side nearly 10 pages in and no reply bans yet.:)
So let's all take a deep breath, after all in 12 days we will get to do it all over again.:thumbsup:

WOW, and this is only the first EA release.
I am genuinely trying to understand why so many people on here can't grasp what this means.
For me it means 'talking' about issues so they can be fixed. Seems for most it means ignoring or glorifying ACC. GT3-cars are in almost all sims today and we can't compare it to the real car (like the Lambo-drivers who fu...ed up), but ACC is not even anywhere near AC at the moment in terms of car-control/ handling. AC was on the last place regarding GT3-physics on my list and i thought ACC makes it better, but instead it crushes through the bottom and felt so deep, i doubt it will improve even towards AC-level in this state.

And the last time i had access to the AC-forum before telling the truth, there was not even a thread about input lag and just one person named it in another thread. This is a pure fanboy-forum glorifying Lord Kunos, but certainly no community to even mention obvious flaws.

Last edited:
For me it means 'talking' about issues so they can be fixed.

And the last time i had access to the AC-forum before telling the truth, there was not even a thread about input lag and just one person named it in another thread
You are experienced enough to fully grasp that the first release build will have faults, the fact that there's so little mention of this input lag means that it isn't an issue for most people, and I can't believe that if it becomes one the devs won't look at it.
I imagine there will be plenty more threads about ACC on here as the roadmap unfolds and if you continue to have the problem you'll be able to continue to discuss it.

And the last time i had access to the AC-forum before telling the truth
You're telling "your" truth (btw in a very disrespectful and insulting way) which is not automatically the real truth and also your opinion about something not automatically count for everyone out there.
And to come up with the Lord Kunos fanboy argument in your position is just ridiculous.

@Kenny Paton Sorry for off topic again.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back