VR is Coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione this October..

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.jpg

Launching to Early Access this September 12th, Kunos Simulazioni have laid down their development release schedule for ACC over the coming months...

So that's it then, VR confirmed! With the initial release of ACC on Steam Early Access scheduled for September 12th set to contain a limited selection of content and features, Kunos have confirmed the following months will see a gradual monthly update to the simulation, adding more cars, tracks, features and content to the sim until it reaches an eventual version 1 launch sometime around the first quarter of 2019.

So back to VR then... well many people have questioned if ACC will follow on from the original Assetto Corsa and come with VR support in the new title, functionality that is natively supported in Unreal 4, and it now looks like the answer is yes.. but not for initial launch in September.. VR coming as part of the second patch on October 10th... which is good news indeed for Virtual Reality fans...

You can check out the initial release calendar below:

ACC Release Roadmap .jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione will release on Steam Early Access this September 12th.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Assetto Corsa Competizione 2.jpg

Happy to see the proposed progress of ACC? Pleased VR will be coming sooner rather than later? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

You are experienced enough to fully grasp that the first release build will have faults, the fact that there's so little mention of this input lag means that it isn't an issue for most people, and I can't believe that if it becomes one the devs won't look at it.
I imagine there will be plenty more threads about ACC on here as the roadmap unfolds and if you continue to have the problem you'll be able to continue to discuss it.

I think the devs are certainly more aware of the input-lag problem than the AC-community and they still have more critical thinking about their product than most people here and there, hopefully. They promised VR-support and with the lag i see everywhere and experience myself, this might not be the same like VR in other games, where your graphical hands are about doing the same like you do. Really hope i'm wrong with that.

The physics seem just wrong for me in so many aspects, to name it bull:poop: is just a sum up. GT3 in rF2, pCars 2, Raceroom and iRacing is basically the same and seems like ACC want it differently. I nearly bought this bull:poop:, but since the Lambo-drivers having the same issue like me, i'm out. I don't want to learn a handling what has nothing to do with the real car and certainly this Lambo is not a car any living persons can drive 24h around a track without crashing or even one hour. I just did a comparison between rain-physics in rF2 and ACC and same conclusion: rF2 is good, ACC just understeering in a simple manner.

Maybe/hopefully Kunos is just sandbagging and this would make sense. Major improvements could hype it even more and maybe all my ranting is just marketing in the end, having a better version in the pocket already. Would be smart to do it and they are smart...

• Deleted member 197115

Gosh, how the person can be so negative and annoying. You don't like it, we got it, move on, please. There are better things to do in life than spreading that negativity around.
Ignored.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who is pretty damn happy with the way ACC is atm, and constantly looking into the whole VR thing, it would be nice to hear in a "VR is coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione" thread, something other than one person whinging about how much the game sucks. Page after page....

For me it means 'talking' about issues so they can be fixed. Seems for most it means ignoring or glorifying ACC. GT3-cars are in almost all sims today and we can't compare it to the real car (like the Lambo-drivers who fu...ed up), but ACC is not even anywhere near AC at the moment in terms of car-control/ handling. AC was on the last place regarding GT3-physics on my list and i thought ACC makes it better, but instead it crushes through the bottom and felt so deep, i doubt it will improve even towards AC-level in this state.

And the last time i had access to the AC-forum before telling the truth, there was not even a thread about input lag and just one person named it in another thread. This is a pure fanboy-forum glorifying Lord Kunos, but certainly no community to even mention obvious flaws.
There are at least 2 threads on input lag at the official forum. One by me with a vid attached showing the problem, made in the first days of ea. And another discussing the input lag problem.

There are at least 2 threads on input lag at the official forum. One by me with a vid attached showing the problem, made in the first days of ea. And another discussing the input lag problem.
It wasn't online while i searching for this topic and got banned till middle of October for saying my opinion about ACC, which hopefully will change...
Gosh, how the person can be so negative and annoying. You don't like it, we got it, move on, please. There are better things to do in life than spreading that negativity around.
Ignored.
#
I guess you mean me with this post, but i'm just the only guy talking about the issues a very huge majority seems to have and only responding with not playing ACC. I have full respect for people who likes it, but binding three times less players than rFactor 2 right from the beginning according to Steamspy, doesn't look like ACC will be very popular. It more looks like they have to change a lot to get even the player-base of Raceroom in the future. I certainly would like to love and play it, but rather hate it so far for the reasons i posted more than one time.

PS: If one time After_Midnight agrees with me, i'm definitely wrong:D

Last edited:
I don't care if there are any VR bugs in the beginning, I am using AC all the time in VR and should ACC VR not gonna be working right away I will just switch over to good old OpenVR and wait for the next update...Also ACC crashed a few times since installation, never mind. I can already see that graphics will be a blast in VR.

Last edited:
2.5 GB downloading now. (UK)

Fixed "No VR no buy"
- New first-gen Bentley Continental GT3
- New Misano World Circuit
- Aero: Non circulatory lift implemented
- Setup UI and logic changes to accommodate a big number of damper clicks
- Hotlap has fixed fuel load (10L). Also fuel load slider is not available in UI in hotlap sessions
- Bumpstop telemetry graphs in setup mechanical balance screen
- Fixes and fine tuning in setup aero screen
- Decimal numbers in front aero variation values
- Code for realistic (displayed) brake bias values
- Brake bias variation now possible in decimal numbers
- Fine tuning of preset setups
- Setup name now shown on top screen title
- Setup name adds an asterisk when user changes setup values, indicating saving is needed
- UI warning when users tries to load a different setup, or a preset, indicating that you might lose your setup changes if any
- Setup protection against out-of-limits values
- Setup Input/Output filtering for car and circuit
- Setup navigation fixes
- Fine tuning of Huracan suspension geometry and dampers
- Fine tuning of tyre model camber gain, IMO heat range, and more
- FFB option screen sliders: dynamic damper, road effects
- controls.json extra FFB values: minDamper, damperGain
- Stability control is now using different logic
- Reworked driver steering animation
- Adjusted safety net position in the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
- Added driver assets for the teams featured
- Adjusted water spray effects in the night
- Nurburgring fixes and improvements
- Added HUD option for speed unit toggle
- Added timetables to pause menu & post-session
- Added sharpness option to video settings (make sure you remove external workarounds)
- Added pitch angle adjustment to camera settings
- Added Save, Cancel, Defaults and Quit buttons to camera settings
- Proximity indicator toggle in HUD options
- Added Sprint Race Weekend and Hotlap Superpole in Game Mode options
- Track selection page navigation fixes
- Fixed bug when loading the last game mode settings
- Added auto engine start
- Added auto pitlimiter
- Fixed pitlimiter issue with pitlimiter lights on toggle
- Added multiple starting lights logic
- Added pitstop logic (basic) for human and AI
- Added Sprint race weekend system
- Practice and Qualifying Overtime has a max time of 3 minutes
- Controller page: Starter, Look functions and Shift can't be set as advanced
- Fixed engine forced shut off when return on track after setup changes
- Fixed wrong weather key in the .json
- Fixed weather selection in UI not resetting after a special event
- Added camera sequence for Full formation lap
- Tweaked marshal system to avoid false spline recognition
- Added logic for flags when in entry and exit lane (slower speed are allowed without raising any flags)
- Reworked steer scale/steer inverted control options
- Removed confusing ghost car time references in the gui
- Added base version of end session highlights
- Fixed music still on after clicking drive or restarting
- Audio engine optimizations
- Added superpole/pitwindow/hotstint event spotter
- Fixed double engine start inside the reverb zone
- Minor tweaks for tyres scrub sound in dry and wet conditions
- Fixed clicks in particular camera switches
- Fixed pit alarm sound for Nurburgring
- Minor tweaks for crowd and track speakers distance attenuation
- Fixed announcer voice stopping after some minutes
- Fixed bodywork noise entering the setup page
- Removed the possibility to change lights/wiper stage in the replay
- Fixed mirror visibility in the replay
- Added current session time, car lap time, valid lap and fuel for replay
- Slow Motion now affects the entire world
- Fixed slow motion pause state for replay HUD
- Stability control is now less performant with steering wheel to avoid being used as illegal aid

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back