VR and Bentley... New Assetto Corsa Competizione Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Bentley 2.jpg

Ahead of the big VR, Bentley and Misano "EA Release 2" for ACC, Kunos Simulazioni have released a few very nice teaser images from the upcoming content release...

With only two short days left to wait for the first major content update for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni have released a nice set of rather attractive preview images in the form of some stunning shots of the mega Bentley Continental GT3 and Misano Circuit, the two major new pieces of content set to hit ACC this October 10th.

Slightly more difficult to reflect in screenshot form, the new release scheduled for this Wednesday will also be notable for the first pass at supporting Virtual Reality (VR) in the sim - a very exciting development for ACC, and something that is sure to please quite a few of the sim racing community (myself included).

Of course this is the first update for ACC since the game deployed into the public realm via Steam Early Access back in September, and it will be interesting to see what other tweaks, improvements and features Kunos can add to an already very impressive simulation in the four weeks since it made its public debut.

ACC Misano 2.jpg
ACC Bentley 1.jpg

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Misano 4.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the next stage of development for ACC? What are you most excited to try, the car, track or VR? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
.I have a 1080Ti .Haven't noticed anything bad.

I have a 1070ti. As many others, I didn't observed that the game runs "like
I just bough GFX 1070Ti, waiting to arrive. I hope will be worth it, 1st part wasn`t.

You should be satisfied and have a lot of fun in many racing scenarios.
At least I am. see my benchmark
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-competizione-system-requirements.159262/page-2

you may have to reduce some details depending on the situation, but in general you can set very high / epic details and enjoy racing above 60 fps in all situations.
Except if you have some other expectations (triples, ....)

Runs like shiit on my 1080ti so good luck.

As many others, I have no problem running the game with a 1070ti (2560x1080).
see my benchmarks.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-competizione-system-requirements.159262/page-2

Except the fact that you may have very high expectation in resolution and/or triple screens / VR, i don't understand your position. It should run perfectly on common resolution (even very high) with a 1080ti, which is the best card available in the world at the moment.

(the urgent things are already made, the impossible is ongoing. For miracles, please wait a moment)

I have to drop settings considerably, to make it run 60 fps on triples, with 8700k + 1080 ti.

Compared to few other racing games this year, it doesn't run that great at the moment, in relation to how it looks on those low-enough-to-keep-60-fps settings (with full grid, night & rain too, pointless to set them by any other scenario)

With maximum graphics (+SSAA) it looks incredible (best looking sim ever made), but those are impossible on triples, with 1080 ti. VR is generally even more demanding than triples

I'm looking forward to FFB updates. I kind of lost enthusiasm to ACC because of it, and went back to AC and Automobilista. Hoping build 2 improves things
That is top of the line hardware. This is the reason i stay away atm. With my AMD FX8350 and GTX980 i know i will scream in pain, lol. :D

Bit off topic (Sry), but why and how is it that a progressive sim developer like Kunos can offer great value but when you look at RF2 or R3E DLC and content it is so much more expensive for being older games as well? Just wondering...:O_o:

Some people would like to dodge the truth, and tell you lies to your question, the truth does not hurt.

So here is the truth, their dlc prices are so high compared to those of Kunos and I'll add SMS to the list along side Kunos, because those sims have a lower playing and lower paying customer base.

They can sell millions of their base title, but if the quality of their dlc isn't up there with the rest of their competitors those dlc isn't going to sell, so they have to charge double for their dlcs compared to their competitors, it really is that simple.

That is top of the line hardware. This is the reason i stay away atm. With my AMD FX8350 and GTX980 i know i will scream in pain, lol. :D
It's also because I try to use triple screen, I'm used to good AA in Assetto Corsa and other sims, suddenly being forced to use only TAA... very blurry, with default 100 resolution scale. Maybe the TAA implementation is the problem, because it's not nearly as blurry in F1 2018

But yeah would say ACC doesn't run that great on triples at least.

For comparison, F1 2018 and Forza Horizon 4 runs Ultra @ 60 fps, triple screen. In FH4 you can crank some settings past Ultra into Extreme, still no drops. Wreckfest too, unless you use 8x MSAA

Last edited:
They can add all the content they want, unless they fix the dead feeling FFB, this title won’t be something I will be investing time in. My enthusiasm for ACC took a massive nose dive after about an hour of playing, once I realised the FFB wasn’t something that needed “configuring”, it was just inherently broken.

I kid you not their most praised titles are using Victorian technology
Every modern piece of software uses Victorian technology.
Microsoft still has code from the 16-bit era.
VALVe's Source Engine is an evolution forked from GoldSrc, which in itself is an evolution from the Quake Engine.
And I bet Kunos still has some code from the NetKarPro era in AC.

If you think developers are wasting time re-inventing the wheel and re-writing code and coming up with new solutions on each release then you know nothing about software development.

Besides, that victorian-era code was demonstrably already extremely accurate in 2005, 13 years before anything "new and flashy" by Kunos which released a "sim" that you cannot take seriously and is flawed to the core in many, many ways.
So trying to put it down just because it's old serves no purpose, really.

And I'm not putting AC down, I think it's a great game and everyone should buy it. Every game is brilliant in some ways and sucks in many others. While the simulation aspect of AC is flawed, Kunos was brilliant enough to develop an in-house engine (something which they know makes no sense these days) that looks and performs really well, and released a game which is one of the best racing titles out there. I particularly praise them for the openness for modding, the availability of documentation for modders, and the concept of using UI "Apps" which are also completely customizable.
But also, I have to praise them for not making us feel ripped off by their DLC's. Sure, I do think that requiring users to buy entire packs to join races they should be able to do with just one car is kinda greedy, but still the price vs content ratio is perhaps the best out there, something other companies should take note (I'm looking at you, Marcel Offermans).

Last edited:
Game looks great and is smooth for me hot lapping.
Racing with AI, not so much. Running a 1050ti I can't make it through turn one of the last race it's still a slideshow.
I only have 12 games on steam, and FM7. No other games cause framerate issues so I look forward to possible optimization in the future.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back