VR and Bentley... New Assetto Corsa Competizione Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Bentley 2.jpg

Ahead of the big VR, Bentley and Misano "EA Release 2" for ACC, Kunos Simulazioni have released a few very nice teaser images from the upcoming content release...

With only two short days left to wait for the first major content update for Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni have released a nice set of rather attractive preview images in the form of some stunning shots of the mega Bentley Continental GT3 and Misano Circuit, the two major new pieces of content set to hit ACC this October 10th.

Slightly more difficult to reflect in screenshot form, the new release scheduled for this Wednesday will also be notable for the first pass at supporting Virtual Reality (VR) in the sim - a very exciting development for ACC, and something that is sure to please quite a few of the sim racing community (myself included).

Of course this is the first update for ACC since the game deployed into the public realm via Steam Early Access back in September, and it will be interesting to see what other tweaks, improvements and features Kunos can add to an already very impressive simulation in the four weeks since it made its public debut.

ACC Misano 2.jpg
ACC Bentley 1.jpg

Don't forget to check our review article and video, found HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Misano 4.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the next stage of development for ACC? What are you most excited to try, the car, track or VR? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
So... I have a Vive. Downloaded, updated. ACC did not register with VR. Close steam, restart steam, now it is detected. ACC launches, in a garage while a pop up screen appears, and plays the intro scene's. Then, with the same "Main Menu" button selection that was on the previous version, I cannot select anything. Mouse does not work, Vive controller does not work. Tab, enter, all keys, shifter, gas pedal, etc. Nothing. The garage does look cool though... :(

So... I have a Vive. Downloaded, updated. ACC did not register with VR. Close steam, restart steam, now it is detected. ACC launches, in a garage while a pop up screen appears, and plays the intro scene's. Then, with the same "Main Menu" button selection that was on the previous version, I cannot select anything. Mouse does not work, Vive controller does not work. Tab, enter, all keys, shifter, gas pedal, etc. Nothing. The garage does look cool though... :(

At youtube some guys are saying you must bind the menu controls to your wheel. Keyboard and mouse are not working on VR they said.

A few instructions for VR in Assetto Corsa Competizione
10 de outubro - Luca
Before starting Assetto Corsa Competizione in VR mode, we recommend joining the game in standard mode (on screen) and double check your controls and options. After this, you are good to go!

To center view in VR, please press CTRL + Space

In-game navigation is possible via Gamepad or D-pad. Again, make sure you configure your navigation and enter/back keys in regular rendering mode BEFORE launching VR.

In Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/ you find a vrSettings.json, where you can edit the ingame HUD and the UI, including tracker lock and draw size.

In-game keys are CTRL+left/right to move forward/backward, and CTRL+shift+left/right to scale up/down. Your settings will be saved in the aforementioned vrSettings.json file.

Cycle press F2 key in-game to cycle to the HELP HUD, where you can also see the hotkeys.

I hate to be that guy, but COME ON. Forward does = enter is this case. I have an OSW, and have very few buttons, so now I have to reconfigure everything, because I need menu arrows. There goes 5 buttons in total. This is not beta stuff, it's not even alpha stuff. EA does not count either.

So... what is needed to load/save? When I go into Normal mode, set everything up, save, exit, go into VR, all buttons are saved, but all wheel settings are gone. Rotation set back to 180, Gain set to 0, etc. I have directional arrows/buttons set up, but they do not allow access to the load/save menu, but I do now have a button assigned to the exit menu button, which was "back".

Last edited:
I hate to be that guy, but COME ON. Forward does = enter is this case. I have an OSW, and have very few buttons, so now I have to reconfigure everything, because I need menu arrows. There goes 5 buttons in total. This is not beta stuff, it's not even alpha stuff.

Right after a lot of messing about I've got VR working and now it is it's good.

The good news is assigning wheel buttons to the UI doesn't impact their in game assignment (eg they can be menu directions in the UI and also used to adjust settings once in a race.)

Go the the control screen, select UI assignments and a button for forward and backward, d-pad for the directions and it all works.

I also needed the Ctrl-Space to recenter the screen on the Rift otherwise I was sitting in the footwell.

You can then play in VR, performance wise it initially seems pretty good for a game at this stage.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%