Vettel / Hamilton War of Words Post Baku Contact Continues

The simple fact is that Vettel anticipated Hamilton accelerating out of the corner and it didn't happen. We as sim racers have all made similar mistakes and have had the red mist come down as a result. I respect both of them as great racing drivers, but the facts are clear ; Hamilton dictated a pace slower then Vettel expected, Vettel ran in to his rear as a result and showed his displeasure by driving alongside and purposely ramming him. After the race Hamilton gave a fairly mature interview, whereas Vettel avoided answering questions about his reaction like a politician, knowing that there was no justifiable excuse for his actions. The fact that the collision was at a low speed is no excuse. If there was suspension damage that could have caused problems for him later in the race it could have been fatal. Remember how Senna died.
Edit: And for those suggesting that the stop-go penalty should be longer, 10 seconds is the standard for dangerous driving, the next punishment up is a black flag, there is nothing in between.

Last edited:
GP2, im in GP2, Alonso famous quote... GP2, aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh

Lets be done with it, have them in the same car, same spec, no advantages, now lets see who the best driver really is.. So funny, next round gonna be awesome, fight, round 1, Game on... ha ha

29156134-Un-hombre-de-dibujos-animados-vomita-un-chorro-de-v-mito-verde-Foto-de-archivo.jpg

...i will quote a legend driver who said in the last grand prix of 2016: "you guys should let us drive ":O_o:
So , let them drive mate...
Into each other. :laugh:
What a logic you got there. :thumbsup: So you saying that waving on track (which I don't aprove but those are part on new "Verstappen" rules) is the same thing as Vettel did and should be punished with same penalty ?
Really, try something different in your fruitless atempt to defend him, like his hand were spillery, he wasn't looking, something like that... let me tell you, this attempt was quite lame.

Suberb race in all.

Like V'neuve said, it's great to see some emotion in F1, too often drivers are just robots and that's not how normal ppl behave. Common person does get angry, break things sometimes, maybe even get himself to some fist fight(rarely of course). But these drivers are 99% of time just emotionless and that's damn boring.

One thing which annoyed(and annoys) me quite a much is that how easily "worse teams" drivers let these "superheros" to pass them. If you are like 6th or 5th you don't have to be like "excuse me sir me being here, don't be angry I'll let you pass", they should make overtaking difficult.

One thing which annoyed(and annoys) me quite a much is that how easily "worse teams" drivers let these "superheros" to pass them. If you are like 6th or 5th you don't have to be like "excuse me sir me being here, don't be angry I'll let you pass", they should make overtaking difficult.
exactly what esteban Ocon did to Hamilton, he made the overtake difficult .
This young driver impressed me, Force india has found something with him
Perez will be in trouble soon

Into each other. :laugh:
What a logic you got there. :thumbsup: So you saying that waving on track (which I don't aprove but those are part on new "Verstappen" rules) is the same thing as Vettel did and should be punished with same penalty ?
Really, try something different in your fruitless atempt to defend him, like his hand were spillery, he wasn't looking, something like that... let me tell you, this attempt was quite lame.

ok read the whole post before complaining, and quote one sentence only
i said that Vettel is wild, and that he's not a good guy on track, and that he did not deserved a black Flag as some of you expected ( 10 sec stop and go is the HIGHEST penalty before disqualification, so...., u see what i mean ...)
read me please before complaining
you just don't read message you quote, it's pointless.

Last edited:
too many posts to wade through but here's my take:

What Hamilton did was "calculated and premeditated".
What Vettel did was stupid and a rush of blood to the head.

YES Vettel deserved the penalty, he needs to calm down and be less of a premadonna. But Hamilton orchestrated the whole shebang with gamesmanship. Since when do we laud that sort of behaviour? Schuey was slagged off by many a Brit fan (me included) for his gamesmanship....now many brits (not me) accept Hamilton doing it? That's hypocrisy in my book.

too many posts to wade through but here's my take:

What Hamilton did was "calculated and premeditated".
What Vettel did was stupid and a rush of blood to the head.

YES Vettel deserved the penalty, he needs to calm down and be less of a premadonna. But Hamilton orchestrated the whole shebang with gamesmanship. Since when do we laud that sort of behaviour? Schuey was slagged off by many a Brit fan (me included) for his gamesmanship....now many brits (not me) accept Hamilton doing it? That's hypocrisy in my book.
fully agree

They are both spoiled brats with an attitude, they are both good drivers. I don't like neither of them.
As for the sunday episode I don't think Hamilton did anything wrong, Vettel didn't want to lose too much from Lewis so he stayed close, too close and he made a mistake.
It was Vettel's fault, he was frustrated, Vettel decided to show his fist to Hamilton and doing so he made the 2 cars touching, i don't think intentionally, Vettel may be stupid but he knows that f1 cars can be easily damaged.
He still did a stupid thing that a world champion shouldn't do and he got penalized, was it enough? ... If hamilton didn't have the problem with his headrest he would have won the race and probably Vettel coming 4th wouldn't have mattered.
Finally we saw someone else winning, it's always the same winners/winers. i wish none of the 2 won the championship.

Vettel lost control, in both senses of the word.

To crash when racing at the limit = racing
To crash intentionally, through anger = dangerous / mentally unstable

Someone needs to speak to Vettel about his anger issues before someone gets hurt.

I like both drivers. Vettel, sure is whiny, unfair and bit of a bully, his verstappen battles last year were fascinating! Hamilton also has his crazy moments, but I think it's part and parcel of bring a competitive racing driver, it's that extra % That wins world championships...

Vettel shouldn't have hit Hami or swiped him, that was just dumb rage. From what I understand Hami was trying to back the pack up because he almost overtook the sc on one of the restarts. Vettel should've been paying attention....

But Hami's enquiries into bottas was just as bad, maybe, just maybe if it was the wc finale that would be okay, but he would've kept quiet here.

• ronniej

So this is what they are doing now to try and make F1 exciting.....Oh boy.

Car behind has ti keep clear! SV was too close and anticipated LH accelerating when LH did not. SV hits LH despite SV braking hard, all a bit silly. SV at fault. all very clear. Then red rage sets in, waving his hands around loosing control and causing the 2nd hit - idiotic.
Am I seeing things SV actually goes ahead marginally for a moment after the heels hit, is this not another rule broken behind the SC?
Oh! and then the interview after! stupid! If he swallowed his pride and admitted his error he could have saved a bit of the embarrassment.

Last edited:
the race leader controls the pace at restart and we seen from Hamilton's telemetry that fom showed us he didn't brake he just let of throttle the first part of the incident was cause by vettel not being "awake" and not paying attention to lewis , But the second part when vettel pulled alongside and it seemed like he turned into lewis while having a hand of his wheel this could be down to the tyres spinning up on the marbles but the matter is vettel was in the wrong and that's hard for me to say as I'm a vettel supporter

yeah the only think I didn't like on Vettel was that he didn't admit that the hit was stupid and either said that he didn't realized how wide his car is, or that it was mistake

but all of this seems to be where this sport is heading, all the top drivers are primadonnas and it's slowly reminding me of Football :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back