Vettel / Hamilton War of Words Post Baku Contact Continues

Well, let's face it as easy as it is and as objective as it is. (Nevertheless the following is my personal point of view)

Hamilton is focused on leaving a bigger gap to the pace car this time, because at the first restart it was a close call at the line. So he slows the car down in a bad place. Not saying he's braking, but just letting it roll in an unexpected moment, which is like braking in a F1. Not sure if it's enough for a penalty but not a very gentle move...

Vettel of course tries to be as close as possible for the restart and to anticipate when Hamilton might go full throttle. That's a tough gamble for all the followers. So Vettel anticipated it wrong and got caught by surprise. After the hit he shows too much temper and I'm sure the touch was an accident. Too much adrenaline and a very limited view to the side out of a F1 cockpit.

But no matter if the hit was intended or not, which I think it wasn't, even for it happening and why it happened the penalty is well deserved.

I'm disappointed that Vettel didn't give in and about Hamiltons too pathetic speech. Not to speak about Nikkis ridiculous choice of words.

Last edited:
Ridiculous thing to do. Vettel should have been black flagged, plain and simple. Sorry but I'm absolutely amazed at some on here actually trying to justify what he did. Silly, dangerous and totally against the spirit of the competition. Even if Hamilton had brake checked him (which telemetry proved he didn't), it STILL wouldn't have been justification for doing what he did. I'd expect to get kicked out of a rental cart session for that sort of behaviour yet it attracts nothing more than a stop and go penalty in what's supposed to be the top racing series in the world. Crazy. Just crazy.

Rant over :)

Last edited:
The last race just shows it's on with Hamilton and Vettel, I don't think anybody did anything particularly wrong hamilton was protecting his lead, he had every right to set the pace, Vettel got angry and had a little moment but it's not worth getting upset about.

It's all handbags at this stage but sets the tone for the rest of the year, Hamilton and Vettel are going to put on a show and I think it's going to be great.

YES YES!
As some Indycar drivers says, two cars duel is the formula one. Now Vettel and Hamilton has very unique their own characters - I think you guys sad it has been needed for formula one, and it's coming!
Some people complains to this incident, but you know such type of people would complain to whatever, in whenever, on wherever, and to whomever. Haters gonna hate.

Hamilton is not victim. He didn't increase the speed after the apex, it is the fact, and he shouldn't do that. So the crash was natural that it should happen. He has a responsibility for causing of crash. If I'm forced to say, saftycar rule should be fixed about restart procedure, but done is done.

It seems the penalty for Vettel was reasonable. After red flag Hamilton got trouble(yes it was very silly one you know), so both drivers got damage for their race. It ended in draw, and the duel is still ongoing!! I can't wait for next race!!

A small incident with a bit of an over reaction by Vettel...and thats it. Nothing more.
Hamilton was reckless in the way he drove behind the Safety Car (as usual, not the first time), and you dont need to brake to actually brake test someone. Simple lift on those cars and you have a big effect.
What Vettel did was wrong, but deserved nothing short of a warning, a fine, whatever. He did that at 20km/h, big deal. Had he did that in a race situation, that would be a completely different matter.

Doesnt even deserves a discussion. On my view, of course.

I agree that the Vettel penalty was justified, but Hamilton should have got something too ,.. maybe it was KARMA that made his headrest loose ! well deserved!

I also think that vettel mis-judged the move ( which doesn't justify it )

Last but not least, enjoy this beautiful picture of hamilton braking (while it was said by the FIA that he didn't brake). http://kep.cdn.indexvas.hu/1/0/1763/17635/176356/17635650_11baec781a0a37d2362d7e4ddbe62074_wm.png[/QUOTE]

Ok i see the pic, but you do know thats how they warm up brakes to have brake and accelerate pedals on at the same time.... it increases brake temps in disc and pads, and it helps heat the tyres...

Look at the replay, i dont think HAM slowed down like a brake check VET is claiming... you know when've braked checked someone, you are on the brakes hard, your head goes forward..

If you look you could see they were going closely around the corner and VET misjudged completely, if it was brake checked, Force India behind VET would have also closed considerably to him...

Its racing, lets move on, i hope VET and HAM dont take this so seriously as we have the rest of the season of them racing each other...

When have two champions fought and it was smiles and hugs till the end.... I'll wait.

Rush of emotions, Vettel has shown this with his in car radio etiquette. This was a stupid move not as monumental as some are making it out to be but that's mainly due to the outcome not being race ending.

Looking at some of the analysis Vettel tried to adjust from the first restart when he was way farther back, and Hamilton tried to maximise his acceleration period on the second time around. Telemetry does support Hamilton not brake checking, however the place he did it was always gonna have consequences.

The way F1.com paints the picture, the 10sec penalty resulted in ~30sec total penalty in race time, so it was quite substantial.

But yes, disappointed with Vettel however not surprised. Nico would never do this, this shows that Vettel will do whatever to win. And that is what champions do also... IT IS entertaining.

Nico would never do this

Nico never done something like this because he was racing for the team. he backed out of moves for the team. Whilst i do believe Nico never had the killer instinct to pull of some overtakes you cannot deny he was a good driver. He played the team game. Yes in 2016 there was a few questionable moves, Austria springs to mind but that showed that he was trying to change to be more aggressive. It did not work but it was nice to see him try to change his style in order to beat one of the very best. At the end of the day regardless if some fans do not notice/agree his achievements it won't matter to him. At the end of the day till his last he will always have been a world champion.

If Hamilton had done the same, he would have been black-flagged, but since it was Vettel 10secs is enough according to the regulatory organ.
The same when he insults stewards on the radio, a verbal reprimand is enough.
FIA Fears Ferrari, (FFF) or FIA (Ferrari International Assistance).

If the situation was reversed, the ones that here defend Vettel would never defend Hamilton. Biased judgments.

Slowing down when the safety-car is about to get in has been done since F1 exists, now they call it test braking. Very funny.

Last edited:
The media outlets these days should be ashamed of themselves... On nearly every sporting site which has an F1 section there are almost 4 articles talking about the Vettel and Hamilton incident, Regurgitating the same information in the previous article. There should be a law against publishing an article that has more than 80% of the information the same as the previous article without a time difference of two weeks or more. Appalling to see...

Tell that to CNN. :roflmao:

Wake up guys, Vettel is wild , he always have been.
ask to Webber if Vettel is a nice guy on track.
Do not matter to me, Hamilton is an e-pop, rockstar, and eventually after that, he's agree to drive.
Vettel 's not here for joking, when he is on track, this is war, nothing else, nothing more.
i like that, he's defintely the driver Scuderia Ferrari needs
Hamilton is a whinner, "rosberg 's not fair ", "vettel is tough and aggressive"
This guy should stop complaining and accept battle more.
Vettel will not give him this ****ing Championship
try harder ...

when he asks to slow down Bottas for him....
wow...., it says a lot

War is on, next battle in Austria

Forza ferrari, Avanti Sebastian

If Hamilton had done the same, he would have been black-flagged, but since it was Vettel 10secs is enough according to the regulatory organ.
The same when he insults stewards on the radio, a verbal reprimand is enough.
FIA Fears Ferrari, (FFF) or FIA (Ferrari International Assistance).

If the situation was reversed, the ones that here defend Vettel would never defend Hamilton. Biased judgments.

Slowing down when the safety-car is about to get in has been done since F1 exists, now they call it test braking. Very funny.

so you mean Vettel deserved a black flag, for what ?
hit the God of All racers Sir Hamilton at 4 mph ?
when some dudes in F1 make dangerous moove and move around the track 3 or 4 times to not being overtaken at 200 mph like madmans (sainz, verstappen, perez and more...)
no penalty for these young wolves, never.

my god Vettel and Hamilton had an accident at 4 mph, Black Flag is needed !
come on...
dangerous driving they said...yup yup

i will quote a legend driver who said in the last grand prix of 2016: "you guys should let us drive ":O_o:

So , let them drive mate...

Funny how it all depends from the angle of view.
I've always thought Vettel was a whiner hmm... :unsure:
:laugh:
Most F1 drivers are... Alonso, Webber, Hamilton, Button, Rosberg and Vettel. Over the past 10 years these drivers whined. More notably than the drivers that come and go but at the end of the day every racing driver whines about something.

Sim racers whine all the time :D

Last edited:
so you mean Vettel deserved a black flag, for what ?
hit the God of All racers Sir Hamilton at 4 mph ?
when some dudes in F1 make dangerous moove and move around the track 3 or 4 times to not being overtaken at 200 mph like madmans (sainz, verstappen, perez and more...)
no penalty for these young wolves, never.

my god Vettel and Hamilton had an accident at 4 mph, Black Flag is needed !
come on...
dangerous driving they said...yup yup

i will quote a legend driver who said in the last grand prix of 2016: "you guys should let us drive ":O_o:

So , let them drive mate...
I am not saying that Vettel deserved the black flag, the penalty was fair. I am just saying that if the reverse would have happened Hamilton would have been black-flagged, and probably many people here would be asking for a race suspension and even a ban.
Many people mix justice with emotion.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%