TT Isle of Man - The Game

I'm not too bothered about unrealistic gearing or top speeds, I am extremely bothered about the handling with bears no relation to a real bike. I can no longer last more than 10 minutes without rage quitting at the rear wheel giving up the ghost. I hope someone gets their hands on it.

Oh, for sure.
There are many issues with this game, and I completely agree that the lack of time penalty (and especially lack of any damage) right after a crash is one of them.
And I too certainly wish the strange rear grip was looked at - the unexplained (fatal) sudden loss of grip resulting in a very odd crash, when just a lap before(!) same corner at same speed and lean angle had been fine... :mad::cry: Yeah, I think that near zero predictability is a problem for most us using this game.

But then the most basic and easier things have to go first, and the physics seem to be already reachable and editable (can be opened as text files). And in that, the unrealistic gearing, power/torque figures and top speeds would likely be easier (to me anyway) to understand and "fix", than any of the bigger issues we see with physics or even features - all those will be a lot more complex, due to parameters and dynamics involved.

We all probably have different interests, goals and sensibilities towards different issues in the game (and to possible respective fixes/changes), and that is one reason why I decided to post this here - to see if it sparks interest among those among you who are willing to "tinker" with this stuff, whatever and wherever your preferences are. :cool:

But first, it needs to be made sure that recompiling the edited files within their respective packages in the game does work. If that is possible, the door of opportunities is opened.
If so, the more people messing with this, the faster the understanding could be about "this and that" (including physics parameters, "what this setting does", etc), more so if knowledge is shared. Then we can get somewhere better much faster (a pipe dream, but....). :)
Really, I just wish I had more free time and a clear head to experiment with this stuff. :geek: (maybe next summer)

Last edited:
For supersports I run with everything off except anti-stoppie at low. I literally orgasm when wheel goes up over some bumps and crests without traction control and anti-wheelie. I've done many laps with different settings and those are most satisfying for me.

As for superbikes,same thing except i add ABS low for obvious reasons. This means i am more careful without aids,where with aids i have no regads for my poor rider..Guess you gotta test what suits you.

For supersports I run with everything off except anti-stoppie at low. I literally orgasm when wheel goes up over some bumps and crests without traction control and anti-wheelie. I've done many laps with different settings and those are most satisfying for me.

As for superbikes,same thing except i add ABS low for obvious reasons. This means i am more careful without aids,where with aids i have no regads for my poor rider..Guess you gotta test what suits you.

Have you ever had the anti-stoppie actually kick in? I've never ran with it yet and never came off due to a massive stoppie or anything, maybe I'm not braking hard enough haha.

Top stuff Duc, I too hope someone can finesse the correct handling characteristics out of the games physics.

+1

After 2 months of playing this, I actually just ragequit for the first time because of the rear wheel slideyness. It's like it's on ice, either when I'm braking, or turning, or lifting off the throttle. I didn't have so much of an issue with it before now, perhaps I'm trying harder, or too hard? Tried different assist and controller sensitivity settings too (I usually play with no assists except for combined braking).

Either way, even as a non-biker in real life, I'm not sure it should be doing it this much and this severely. I'm happy to be proven wrong by real bikers. :D

Edit: An afterthought - you know how your rider model automatically tucks in? I'm wondering if the rider balance is all wrong, and even when you're not shifting weight forward with the thumbstick, it's automatically doing it because of the rider model. As I've said before, I don't get the rear wheel problem when I shift weight backwards, but I'm wondering if there's no middle ground between the two? In other words, you're making turns with all your weight at the front unless you pull the stick back?

Because, for me, every bike does it, yet every bike feels different physics-wise apart from this. Perhaps it's not the bikes at all?

Last edited:
In many respects TT IOM reminds me of the "feel" in handling I get from the old gp500 when I race the IOM TT track on both games. In terms of the "feel" of the bike in its direction changes, camber changes across rises and jumps and elevation changes. Much more so than RIDE 2 reminds me of gp500. Which in my book is a good thing.

Where TT IOM goes wrong for me is in its lack of feel on braking on the front end and the behaviour of the rear when you approach and exceed the limit. When you exceed the "limit" of the rear end (the "limit" imposed by the game physics and handling model) that's when things go slightly wrong with this game. Riding TT IOM and gp500 back to back on their respective versions of the IOM TT course shows up the shortcomings in the handling model of TT IOM for me quite clearly..

gp500 has a superior tyre model. I think maybe that's got something to do with this also?

As many of us have said before it wouldn't arguably take that much to tighten things up in this game and make things more manageable, intuitive and "progressive" when you overstep the "limit"..

RIDE 2 on Milestone's "vanilla" pro level physics? Yes there is more feel and progression on the rear end and perhaps more feel on the front also(?) but for me they've dumbed it down too much by adjusting down the parameters in the physics files. Dyego and Giovane have brilliantly reversed this in their "simulation" physics mods but I doubt Milestone will head their own "vanilla" physics in the same direction.. So in some ways what Kylotonn have done is a breath of fresh air. But Kylotonn still need to tidy it up and patch it. I hear rumours they are working on this. I hope those rumours are true. I still really enjoy the challenge though. But it does need tightening up imo..

I'm still playing it. It was never about "hype" for me with this one. It was about the one and only IOM Snaefell course.. No hype needed for me. ;)

TT Isle of Man the Game - Sidecars Announced.jpg

Teased a while ago now, Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed Sidecars will be coming to Isle of Man TT: The Game this May 24th!

A popular form of bike racing on the famous TT mountain course, Sidecars have often provided some hugely entertaining races over the years and now they look set to arrive in the latest Isle of Man TT game! What's even better news than that? It isn't going to cost owners of the existing game anything at all! Yup, in something of a really cool move Kylotonn and Bigben Interactive, the developers have decided to make the upcoming Sidecar expansion a free upgrade! Awesome.

Apart from an official release date of May 24th very little is known about the new content, so stay tuned to the forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, as and when it becomes available....

TT Isle of Man the Game - Sidecars Announced 2.jpg

TT Isle of Man: The Game is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

For more news, more discussion and to interaction with your fellow bike racing fans then head over to our TT Isle of Man - The Game sub forum.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to sidecars in TTIoM The Game? Let us know below!

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 60 70.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • No 3pa registration pages