TT Isle of Man - The Game

Like I stated earlier, the bikes in the TT game do not slide. It is very rare to slide a bike even in real life. Milestones Moto GP games are similar and also do not slide in corners. They might lose traction but they do not slide. Cars might slide in sims, but bikes do not. So to be honest you are still talking rubbish. I will have to try a real bike as you say. See if I can get it it to slide in a corner. :rolleyes:

ps, you don't drive a bike, you ride it.

Andy Much as I normally agree on things bike with you I disagree with this, the sliding physics in TTIOM are indeed there and are indeed very weird and clearly more of car physics/behaviour than a bikes. The weird rear sliding is nothing what a real bike does and it still happens, I think it's linked to lean angle, but when a real bike has too much lean angle it doesn't do what the games does, which is bring the rear end round with no warning and spear into the inside wall/hedge. Also I've had some VERY weird front slides where the bike just slides whilst upright, just like a car, and not what a real bike does (which MS games do much better). I love the game but the physics are indeed awful, especially at slower speeds. Car physics shoe horned into a bike game.

On the good side this should be perfect for the side cars!! Really looking forward to them!

Like I stated earlier, the bikes in the TT game do not slide.

Please accept that just because it doesn't happen to you, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other people. I've recently started getting this too and it's becoming increasingly frustrating.

I wasn't getting it at all for the first month or so, so I don't know if an update has made it worse and my riding style's made it come out more or what. Up until now I've been able to go flat out and complete several laps without crashing, albeit crashes that I knew were my fault and I'm always happy to accept that (I get this issue on all circuits, not just Snaefell).

What happens is the back just slides out to an almost 90 degree angle for no reason. There's no forceful error behind it, there's no feeling like you're at the limit of grip and think "This is going to go if I'm not careful" - it just happens. I get it at slow speeds, fast speeds. It happens when I'm braking, and when I'm not braking, and to top it off for the first time, I just got it on a straight. For no reason. Compared to when I wasn't getting this a month ago, it feels like no reason.

I can't find a pattern to it. I know there's bumps and there's suspension compression and rebound and all that (I don't ride motorcycles so i don't really know the correct terms), but it's like the rear wheel on ice. It just floats out like someone opening a gate.

I use a controller with all assists off (I've recently switched off combined braking which doesn't make things feel any different) and I've tried different controller sensitivities. I can't think of any assists that would stop this from happening, personally. It's such a peculiar thing. I was thinking it might've had something to do with weight shifting, perhaps accidentally pushing the thumbstick forward when I'm steering, shifting the weight forwards and causing the rear to lift.

Like I said, I wasn't getting this at all until recently. I thought others complaining about it were doing something wrong. Now I know they're not. I've also seen a number of posts on Steam complaining of the same issue.

And please don't get me wrong - I love this game. I'm not some kiddy gamer who bought it because of the hype it got. I'm 37 years old, wanted a TT sim for years and I love nothing more than a simulator to be as realistic as possible. I just can't figure out why that has suddenly started happening.

But you really need to accept this is happening to others. Whether it's down to riding/playing style, assists or what, the bikes most definitely do slide under the right circumstances. We just have to find out what those circumstances are and hopefully get it corrected.

I'm talking about using the wheel to play a game, I know a rider uses weight transfer(mainly because of the giro the wheels make) to aid turning irl, but you have to turn the bars even if slightly to start the turn to lean into, if you welded you bars straight on your real life bike and you are traveling at 60mph and you just lean to one side would the bike turn?

I'm talking about using the wheel to play a game, I know a rider uses weight transfer(mainly because of the giro the wheels make) to aid turning irl, but you have to turn the bars even if slightly to start the turn to lean into, if you welded you bars straight on your real life bike and you are traveling at 60mph and you just lean to one side would the bike turn?
Actually yes. You only have to weight the pegs to initiate a turn. And unlike a wheel, if I push my right bar forward, that's push my right bar forward, the bike will drop to the right and vice versa.

In many respects TT IOM reminds me of the "feel" in handling I get from the old gp500 when I race the IOM TT track on both games. In terms of the "feel" of the bike in its direction changes, camber changes across rises and jumps and elevation changes. Much more so than RIDE 2 reminds me of gp500. Which in my book is a good thing.

Where TT IOM goes wrong for me is in its lack of feel on braking on the front end and the behaviour of the rear when you approach and exceed the limit. When you exceed the "limit" of the rear end (the "limit" imposed by the game physics and handling model) that's when things go slightly wrong with this game. Riding TT IOM and gp500 back to back on their respective versions of the IOM TT course shows up the shortcomings in the handling model of TT IOM for me quite clearly..

gp500 has a superior tyre model. I think maybe that's got something to do with this also?

As many of us have said before it wouldn't arguably take that much to tighten things up in this game and make things more manageable, intuitive and "progressive" when you overstep the "limit"..

RIDE 2 on Milestone's "vanilla" pro level physics? Yes there is more feel and progression on the rear end and perhaps more feel on the front also(?) but for me they've dumbed it down too much by adjusting down the parameters in the physics files. Dyego and Giovane have brilliantly reversed this in their "simulation" physics mods but I doubt Milestone will head their own "vanilla" physics in the same direction.. So in some ways what Kylotonn have done is a breath of fresh air. But Kylotonn still need to tidy it up and patch it. I hear rumours they are working on this. I hope those rumours are true. I still really enjoy the challenge though. But it does need tightening up imo..

I'm still playing it. It was never about "hype" for me with this one. It was about the one and only IOM Snaefell course.. No hype needed for me. ;)

the fresh air is Ride 3 for the 8th november, TT Isle of man game struggles all of us.

Sorry for the off-topic.
the fresh air is Ride 3 for the 8th november, TT Isle of man game struggles all of us.
Apples and oranges, really. :rolleyes:

I know the Ride game series of Milestone are popular, and the long list of recognisable road motorcycles of many different segments is appealing. The thing is, it's not a propper "racing sim", it's more like a GT/Forza of motorcycles, doesn't take itself so serious, and is made for a wider audience.
Even understanding that, I found both the original Ride and the sequel Ride2 quite passable really.
And, on that, if Ride3 is anything like the previous two, again with somewhat cartoony graphics, (way too) forgiving physics, average-to-horrible sounds (and some very wrong sounds while I'm at it) and the usual Milestone "simcade" aproach as of the past decade or so, then it'll be a pass for me. That's for sure.

Personally, what I want is a propperly done TT IOM, by Kylotonn and/or by the community. ;)
I think I have every single motorcycle game released to this day for the PC, gave a fair chance to every single one since Cycles in 1989 (lol) and, honestly, never since GP500 and SBK2001 (so, yeah, it's been a while) have I felt a game in this genre as immersive and refreshing as TT IOM came to be.
The good parts in this game are so friggin good that, really, it almost hurts watching the overlooked bits, the bad bits not being fixed by Kylotonn (namely some of the physics issues and ocasional stuttering, along few other bits in the sad list of issues).

Last edited:
I know one shouldn't "look a gift horse in the mouth" but, to be franc, I don't give a hoot about sidecars. :cautious: I look at these and.... "meh" :unsure:

As much as free DLC is always worth of applause (like this one is) in these days of greed, I still find this one to be another missed opportunity by Kylotonn, when the real TT has other (more) relevant classes to this game and genre, such as the Lightweight TT.

The Lightweight TT is composed of modern "SuperTwin" race motorcycles (up to 650cc, two cylinders 4-stroke, road-based), and is a sorely missed class in the game because it would've been the propper introductory (or learning) class for this game's newcomer.

Last edited:
And, while I'm at it, if Kylotonn ever think about an expansion to this game, or a DLC of very big proportions, then the Classic TT has even more to work around as real event to be adopted in the game (and more interesting as well). ;) Think about these:

• SUPERBIKE CLASSIC TT
    - Up to 1300cc, air-cooled 4-stroke Machines manufactured 01/01/1973 to 31/12/1986
    - Up to 1300cc, liquid/air-cooled* 4-stroke Machines 01/01/1973 to 31/12/1986
    - 700cc - 750cc 4-stroke, 4 cylinder Machines 01/01/1987 to 31/12/1992
    - Up to 1000cc 4-stroke, 2 and 3 cylinder Machines and Norton rotary-engine machines
    01/01/1987 to 31/12/1992
    - 351cc - 750cc 2 stroke Machines 01/01/1968 to 31/12/1992
  • LIGHTWEIGHT CLASSIC TT
    - Up to 250cc, twin cylinder 2 Stroke race machines manufactured 01/01/1973 – 31/12/2004
    - Up to 750cc 4 stroke, 2 cylinder Machines 01/01/1973 - 31/12/1986
    - Up to 600cc 4 stroke, 4 cylinder Machines 01/01/1973 - 31/12/1986
    - 126cc -350cc 2 Stroke Machines 01/01/1968 - 31/12/1993
  • SENIOR CLASSIC TT (351cc–500cc) and JUNIOR CLASSIC TT RACE (175cc - 350cc)
    Thoroughbred Grand Prix (vintage) racing motorcycles constructed during:
    The period 01/01/1945 to 31/12/1972 inclusive, for all 4 strokes.
    The period 01/01/1945 to 31/12/1967 inclusive, for all 2 strokes.

:inlove: So much that could still be done, if they really cared about it... :unsure:

I also agree that Kylotonn need to do something about the physics but I know what they are like. They just don't do good physics ever..........that's life. But they do a great Isle of Man track though.

Just the part of turning you're supposed to understand dude. :whistling:
p.s. please be safe on the road dude.

Thanks. I know to my cost what applying front brake does mid turn. The bike sits up with normally disastrous results. That's why I tend to just use trail braking a little on circuit. But thanks for your concern.:thumbsup:

@DucFreak: I agree. There are some echoes of the past with TT IOM.

I still play and enjoy modded versions of SBK2001 and gp500. That tells you a lot about the quality of those games. Or that I have appallingly bad taste? I hope it is the latter.. :confused:

Don't get me wrong..I also enjoy RIDE 2. I raced a full 18 round online championship on it and it was great fun. But I prefer Dyego's take on the physics by a country mile..The Real Challenge Physics mod for RIDE 2 transforms the whole experience of the game for me. Just a crying shame we cannot race Dyego's mod online..

So TT IOM.. If we can somehow or other mod the files to improve the physics in a few specific areas (as we have already discussed at length) then I agree it would make an interesting and challenging game that much better. As much as I enjoy it already.

I hope some clever people on here with our help might be able to do something with this.

"Midge" ;)

I like the outfits and the fact that the IOM runs 600CC only impresses me very much.
Don't misunderstand what I mean, I've always love the outfits, particularly when 'Wurms' and TZ750) power was all the rage!
Maybe the correct upgrades would turn this into the definitive bike sim, sadly at this point it's not.
This would be a challenge around the IOM...........come to think of it, its a challenge to ride around the block!
500 Kawasaki Restoration.JPG

I like the outfits and the fact that the IOM runs 600CC only impresses me very much.
Don't misunderstand what I mean, I've always love the outfits, particularly when 'Wurms' and TZ750) power was all the rage!
Maybe the correct upgrades would turn this into the definitive bike sim, sadly at this point it's not.
This would be a challenge around the IOM...........come to think of it, its a challenge to ride around the block!View attachment 252391

Just love that H1. :thumbsup:

TT Isle of Man - The Game
4 hrs ·
The sidecar update is just around the corner!
1f642.png
:)
And this time you won’t be alone on the mountain...

That's right! The update will bring 3 different ways to control your vehicle:
2714.png
✔ Option 1: Player 1 as Rider - AI as Passenger
2714.png
✔ Option 2: Player 1 as both Rider AND Passenger (using both analog sticks)
2714.png
✔ Option 3: Player 1 as Rider - Player 2 as Passenger (and vice versa)

All the Options will be playable offline in single player and couch co-op.
There will be a multiplayer mode where you’ll be able to compete with up to 7 other players using Option 1 or 2.
Please note that, due to technical matters, the online co-op mode (using Option 3) will be implemented a bit later on. We'll keep you updated on its release date.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 170 66.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 112 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 118 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 27.3%
Back