TT Isle of Man - The Game

I just wish I could reassign moving front and back somewhere else sometimes (where exactly I have no clue though!) pushing forward on the left stick while also trying to steer with the left stick is a skill I sadly do not possess!

I just wish I could reassign moving front and back somewhere else sometimes (where exactly I have no clue though!) pushing forward on the left stick while also trying to steer with the left stick is a skill I sadly do not possess!

Yeah completely agree. I’d like it on the right stick personally. The move weight to back is fine on the left, as you don’t tend to be steering as you brake hard, but it’s a bit nonsensical having shift weight forward on the same stick you’re using to steer.

I tried a couple configurations on my Xbox one controller using x360ce. First one I tried was using the right stick for lean forward and back with gear up and down on the shoulder buttons. So using this setup I had to use the triggers with my middle fingers because I have to shift with my index fingers. It works pretty well if you can get used to it. The other setup I tried was assigning the lean forward and back to the shoulder buttons. Using this setup, I leave shifting gears to default, but I still need to use my middle fingers for the triggers because I need to hold one shoulder button or the other with my index fingers.

I tried these setups because I was having a hard time keeping the front down like @girlracerTracey is. But in the end I gave up on my Xbox one controller and I use my steering wheel now.

How you guys go below 17 mins with helmet cam with assists off on supersports is beyound me. I immidiatelly restart race if i crash,so crash > restart > end of discussion with my inner self to continue lap. So,without assist,helmet cam and no crash i only managed to do 18:42 with zx6r

My best is 18:42 without crash. At first i thought game is retarded because of those "just fell off" ****,until i learned those fcuking bumps where i should be on throttle.If you lean and you know there is a bump,just dont go off throttle or you'll end in a wall. If you need to brake or slow down and you know there is a bump,apply small amount of throttle to keep you out of harms way.

Right now,with 66 hours on display i enjoy game more than before because i learned the track and those bumps.For some reason im exceptionally slow in mid-mountain section because i cant learn those multiple angle corners.

How you guys go below 17 mins with helmet cam with assists off on supersports is beyound me. I immidiatelly restart race if i crash,so crash > restart > end of discussion with my inner self to continue lap. So,without assist,helmet cam and no crash i only managed to do 18:42 with zx6r

Sadly the ZX6Rs are crap compared to the other supersport bikes, narked me right off as I've had a few of 'em. I don't restart when I crash (If I did I'd hardly know what the end of the course is!), but agree those times posted are incredible. I'm still seeking to break the 20 min barrier on the supersports onboard view, did a 20.19 today...so damn close.

Sadly the ZX6Rs are crap compared to the other supersport bikes, narked me right off as I've had a few of 'em. I don't restart when I crash (If I did I'd hardly know what the end of the course is!), but agree those times posted are incredible. I'm still seeking to break the 20 min barrier on the supersports onboard view, did a 20.19 today...so damn close.

I learned something during all those wreckings on almost every corner on the track in first 30 hours is that it is much better to cruise steady than pushing if you are unsure how to approach corner because for every crash you lose 10ish seconds or even more on straights. Try to go slower and dont crash and you will be in 19 easy af. Took me 30 hours to realise that because now even when i cruise im in low 19s

My best is 18:42 without crash. At first i thought game is retarded because of those "just fell off" ****,until i learned those fcuking bumps where i should be on throttle.If you lean and you know there is a bump,just dont go off throttle or you'll end in a wall. If you need to brake or slow down and you know there is a bump,apply small amount of throttle to keep you out of harms way.

Right now,with 66 hours on display i enjoy game more than before because i learned the track and those bumps.For some reason im exceptionally slow in mid-mountain section because i cant learn those multiple angle corners.

Doing sections on time trial mode is how I’ve learned the course. Means you can concentrate on nailing every single corner and finding out where the limits are so you crash less in the actual races.

I learned something during all those wreckings on almost every corner on the track in first 30 hours is that it is much better to cruise steady than pushing if you are unsure how to approach corner because for every crash you lose 10ish seconds or even more on straights. Try to go slower and dont crash and you will be in 19 easy af. Took me 30 hours to realise that because now even when i cruise im in low 19s

Agree completely. I used time attack to learn section by section and push to the limits, but in the races or full laps you’re better off building slow and steady. I’ve been gradually shaving time off my lap doing this. The key with the 600s is not to override them, and ensure you carry speed through corners and don’t get off line. You can be a bit more ragged and still be fast on the big bikes as you have that power to bail you out, but smooth and accurate is the key on the super sports.

The Hondas are by far and away the best 600s. Any one of Anstey, Heggarty or McPint. I like the McGuinness bike personally.

Agree completely. I used time attack to learn section by section and push to the limits, but in the races or full laps you’re better off building slow and steady. I’ve been gradually shaving time off my lap doing this. The key with the 600s is not to override them, and ensure you carry speed through corners and don’t get off line. You can be a bit more ragged and still be fast on the big bikes as you have that power to bail you out, but smooth and accurate is the key on the super sports.

The Hondas are by far and away the best 600s. Any one of Anstey, Heggarty or McPint. I like the McGuinness bike personally.
I dont like hondas high rev sound,kills immersion for me while below 10k rpm sounds beautiful. Anyway i just raced in multiplayer against 6 guys with yzf-r6 and beat my old record without crash by 11 seconds which is now 18:31 Couldnt belive ive gone full throttle without single mistake in a multiplayer game.There was a guy who was waaaay faster than me but any time he comes close to me he crash because i use my rear cam to see him pushing off the limits,finish 50 seconds behind me. That is what im talking about,less crashe and consistency

16'24'883 on the Padgett's Honda Racing 600RR. 1st person view, no assists (simulation mode), no course aids, no crashes.

We're running a friendly contest on the Steam Isle of Man TT forum ( https://steamcommunity.com/app/626610/discussions/0/3211505894141820164/ ) to see who has the fastest single lap in 1st person view w/ no aids, no assists, no crashes in both the Supersport and Superbike classes. Perhaps we will add the contest here though in a separate thread.

Last edited:

GAME VERSION: PC
CONTROLLER: Xbox360 w/thumbstick extensions
ASSISTS: NONE
COURSE AIDS: NONE
VIEW: 1st person
CLASS: Supersport
BIKE: Padgett's Honda Racing 600RR.
TIME: 16'24'883
CRASHES: NONE

We're running a friendly contest on the Steam Isle of Man TT forum ( https://steamcommunity.com/app/626610/discussions/0/3211505894141820164/ ) to see who has the fastest single lap in 1st person view w/ no aids, no assists, no crashes in both the Supersport and Superbike classes. Perhaps we will add the contest here though in a separate thread.

Last edited:
Nice one dude, that’s a really good lap. Super neat the whole way through. The interesting thing to me is that you’re about 15-20 seconds faster than my PB (despite using marginally fewer assists) but we’re riding pretty much every corner identically in terms of speed and gear. I think you’re just a bit neater than I am generally, and a little mistake here and there is costing me the time compared to you.

Really good job though, that was a beautiful lap.

Nice one dude, that’s a really good lap. Super neat the whole way through. The interesting thing to me is that you’re about 15-20 seconds faster than my PB (despite using marginally fewer assists) but we’re riding pretty much every corner identically in terms of speed and gear. I think you’re just a bit neater than I am generally, and a little mistake here and there is costing me the time compared to you.

Really good job though, that was a beautiful lap.

Thank you ChickenBoy. I've spent over 50 hours learning the mountian circuit on the 600rr. I believe there is still another 5-10 seconds I can shave off that time as I was timid through many corners especially within sections 9-12. I'm also starting to think that the Triumph is probably capable of slightly faster times due to it's superior acceleration throughout it's entire rpm range. It only lacks 4mph top speed compared to the 600rr but it reaches it's terminal velocity of 189mph in a much shorter distance. You must commit to corners earlier with the Triumph though and direction change is a bit slower during transitions. I cant ride it properly yet but it all just takes practice. Nice to be a member of the forum now though as I've lurked for quite some time. :)

Last edited:
I'm just guessing here, but I suspect others have also been wondering about this as well. :cautious: Anyways.....

In recent past, there was this other game by Kylotonn, called WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship.
Luigi Auriemma, the genius behind QuickBMS (which is mainly a files extractor and reimporter), has made a script to make it work for that game (so, to extract and import files within the closed packages).
And it seems that the QuickBMS script of WRC7 also works just as well for TT-IOM (PC version, of course). :)

What I did was to get the latest version of QuickBMS (as of today, 6th of May 2018) and the WRC7 script in the package with all known scripts (provided in the same website by Luigi).

EDIT: FWIW, I attached the files I'm using for extraction of the TT-IOM files in this Mediafire link HERE, but I would advise to follow Luigi's QuickBMS page instead (as he may update the script and tools).

This then opens a door of opportunities for modding, and for others to, perhaps, create tools to convert the encrypted files into readable formats, and so on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Among the extracted files, the .DYN files seem to be the physics, and can be opened as text files.
(note: I mainly use notepad++ for text file editing, and would recommend it over any other text editor).

These .DYN physics files are composed of "base" files (so for each bike), and then specific variations to differentiate them between the different listed rider's bikes of same model (and placed/organized in that sense). For example, Donald's and McGuinness’s CBR600RR are not exactly same setup (etc and so on for the other bikes and riders).

These .DYN physics files can be found among two packages, CHUNK_0.PKG and CHUNK_2.PKG, which are located under "...\WIN32\PKG" directory of the game.

After extracting the contents of these two packages, we can then see the resultant files and folders and, among them, there are various .DYN files spreaded in organized form inside the following directories (ones resultant of the extraction):
  • ...\CHUNK_0\COMMON\TUNING\BIKES
  • ...\CHUNK_2\COMMON\TUNING\BIKES
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've extracted the CHUNK files, have taken a look to the extracted files, but have not yet atempted to edit any files, so also haven't tried to re-import them to the packages after modifications.

Anyway, just dropping the idea and the theme in these forums. :)
Hopefully it can inspire others, who can pick it up and advance the potential this game has (IMHO), in ways and to results that I doubt Kylotonn will ever get this game at.

If you do get interested by this stuff and decide to experiment, my strong advice is to always backup any and all files before atempting any modding at all! You're responsible for your own modding experiments, and you should be well aware of it in case things go wrong!

Last edited:
Especially the physics, this could actually turn out as a way to rectify some silly things that Kylotonn got wrong (which at this point I start to doubt they'll ever correct).

Personally, I'd like to rectify some basic but really odd stuff with these physics by Kylotonn devs:
  1. To rectify the excessive speed of the Supersports.
    IMHO, even if they're not far off (they're great overall), they seem a tad overpowered. They should never be able to reach over 280 kph (175 mph) so easily as they do in this game.

2. To rectify the overdone power of the Superbikes, as well as their ridiculously short gearing/transmission.
    My strong suspicion is that, after overdoing the engine power figures, the developers tried to lower the top speed (maybe also to increase the sense of acelleration) by using overly short (too short) gear ratios. The end result is not good, the gearing is not like that in the real life counterparts.
Still in relation to the gear ratios on the Superbikes, how they're ridiculous short if comparing to real life.
Fixing wouldn't be just a matter of adjusting the final ratio of transmission to more realistic "feeling", as then the Superbike machines in this game would very likely reach and surpass 355 kph (220 mph), which these do not achieve IRL. :unsure:
Personal opinion only but, to me, the Superbike machines should be overall closer to, for example, what the Triumph Daytona 675 is in the game (itself seems overpowered for a Supersport class machine).

Last edited:
Having tried a real superbike I must say the gearing feels very real :O_o: insane acceleration all the way:confused:
We're digressing from the topic....

I was talking about the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th (and 6th in some cases) gearbox ratios used by most of (if not all) of the Superbikes in this game, which are silly short. Like "MX bike on arenacross" silly short.
I was not talking about the sense of acceleration, which the game recreates quite ok.

FWIW, I too rode similar bikes as to the real Superbikes depicted in the game, such as race track prepared BMW S1000RR 2011 and Yamaha R1 2010, own a Ducati 916 with extras and mods (including a really shortened final transmission), and I can't believe anyone being serious when saying those in the game feeling "very real" gearing-wise. Sure, IRL these bikes are absolute friggin beasts and can be a handfull, but nothing like you see depicted in the game in terms of internal gearbox ratios (the 6 gears), which also IRL can not be changed for the IOM-TT (only final ratio, AFAIK).

Last edited:
I agree with DucFreak. My own RL experience shows that short gearing is mainly used on the short circuit tracks, ie British Superbike racing etc. The TT requires longer gearing and that 6th gear comes awefully fast on all the superbikes in game. There also seems to be lack of balance compared to the supersports class. These 1000 cc monsters really do need traction control in the game that actually works properly too.
One mod I would like to see is to remove the screen reflections and make it easier to see in all lighting conditions. They use tear offs in real life would normally just peep over the screen for better vision, something we can't do in game.
I would also want a crash to result in a 2 minute time penalty added on to the end result time.

Hey all,

Having got to the point where I can run semi-fast laps without constantly crashing I really want to try to replicate the real race as much as I can. Does anyone know what assists the bikes have and to what extents they are used in the race? I run with low tc, low abs and low anti-wheelie as I am now. I'm guessing they have anti-wheelie IRL but not too sure about the others.

FJBH10

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back