TT Isle of Man - The Game

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Isle of Man TT Game.png

Bigben Interactive and WRC 5 developers Kylotonn Games have announced a new game based on the classic Isle of Man TT races to be titled 'TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge'.

Due for release in 2017, TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge will be the first game in over 8 years to feature the legendary winding ribbon of tarmac that is cycle road racing's premium race meeting since TT Race Legends by Jester Interactive hit the PlayStation 2 in 2008.

David Cretney MLC, the Department of Economic Development’s political representative for Tourism and Motorsport commented:

"The partnership between Bigben Interactive and the Isle of Man Government represents an opportunity not only to generate additional commercial income but also to increase the profile of the TT Races and broaden the event’s appeal to a wider, younger demographic working alongside a world class partner in the gaming world."

Benoît Clerc, Head of Software at Bigben Interactive:

"For several years now, our team works together with Kylotonn’s developers to create and offer the best depictions of some of the most spectacular racing events like the Isle of Man TT races or the World Rally Championship.

"By creating 1/1 the iconic 37¾ miles of the race, we already know that all the motorbike fans will feel the speed and the excitement of being part of the Isle of Man TT races."

Work has already begun with staff visiting the famous location in preparation for starting work in the studio recreating the 37¾ mile TT Mountain Course. No firm details regarding how the track will be captured in game has yet to be revealed, so our hopes of a fully laser scanned version of the circuit can't yet be confirmed or denied.

Due for release sometime in 2017 TT Isle Of Man – Ride on the Edge "will feature many of the leading teams and riders who will be recreated digitally to accurately represent their team liveries and bike manufacturers".

Proposed for release on both PC and console platforms TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge could provide an entertaining and interesting option to fill the void in bike racing related games left open for far to long.

Discuss the game further with your fellow racing fans by visiting the TT Isle Of Man - The Game Forum here at RaceDepartment and getting involved in the action!

Have an interesting story or news item you want to share with us? Are you working on an interesting sim racing related project and have something to say? Give me a shout!

• Deleted member 130869

I remember being so psyched when, after months of pestering, my dad bought me Manx TT Superbike on the PC :). This will have the track ripped to pieces to other games but maybe I'll have a soft spot and buy it. I remember Suzuki's TT Challenge or something, on the PS2.

I remember being so psyched when, after months of pestering, my dad bought me Manx TT Superbike on the PC :). This will have the track ripped to pieces to other games but maybe I'll have a soft spot and buy it. I remember Suzuki's TT Challenge or something, on the PS2.

That game was pathetic compared to Jesters TT Superbikes Real Road Racing on the PS2 and PS3. It had make believe island with highways...:thumbsdown:
If this new game is as good as Jesters version I will be the happiest bunny here. The Isle of Man is my thing. I go every year for the TT races and I know the track/road extremely well.
Quite a few of us begged Jester for years to do an updated version with no hope. But now there is hope. Honestly, even if they get the physics and handling as good as Jesters version us British and Irish bikers will be very very happy.:thumbsup:
My only worry is that the developers are the same ones who did WRC5. That does not bode well at all but we can live in hope.
I can't fricken wait.

Last edited:
I just wonder how they will tackle the crash physics and movements of both bike and biker? I can't imagine they will let pilots be thrown onto and into walls and trees and break their bones and backs. No disrespect meant, being a fan of the TT. It's easier with cars as the pilots are caged in and are not really visible from outside the car viewing at distance....which disguises the "non-movement" of the pilots when crashing.

Makes me think about dragging my PS3 out from wherever it's hiding but then I probably couldn't find the disc anyway.
If this new game comes to pass it will be a instant buy. Have you ever tried Jim Pearson's shorter version in GPL?

Yes I have Kenny, its pretty good but not on the same level as jesters for accuracy. And yes, this new TT game should be good and an instant buy for me too being a biker and mad TT fan for many years.
The only worry I have is that bunch of arcade coders that did WRC5 are doing it.

Yes I have Kenny, its pretty good but not on the same level as jesters for accuracy. And yes, this new TT game should be good and an instant buy for me too being a biker and mad TT fan for many years.
The only worry I have is that bunch of arcade coders that did WRC5 are doing it.
Since the last bike I rode was an Arial Arrow 350 half a century ago my grasp of their physics is to say at the least shaky, so I hope it's drivable and they make a good job of the track.

Sounds awesome, but if its nothing like Jesters (pure arcade like most bike games released today) i wont care. If they get decent physics, the speed, the immersion and the stuff that make riding a thrill - then its instant buy for sure. That crappy (quality) old Jester video STILL looks amazingly fun. Even though its barely visible, you still feel the speed and the thrill. Please developers, if you for some reason would be reading this, dont chicken out and go full boring arcade. I dont need 100% accurate physics, but it needs to be thrilling and hard to master (because mode with no help and decent physics). :)

TT Isle of Man - The Game 1.jpg

Bigben Interactive and Kylotonn Racing Games have revealed images from the upcoming Isle of Man TT game due to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC later this year.

With an official licence to recreate the epic Isle of Man TT motorcycle races, TT Isle of Man - The Game will feature all the bumps and turns of the challenging Snaefell Mountain Course, a 37 mile road-racing circuit led through public roads of the Isle of Man.

Very little is known about the new game at the present time, however judging by the information leaked to the general public and by virtue of the image in this article showing the official John McGuinness Honda CBR1000RR it is probably fair to assume many of the big name riders and teams will be present in the game.

McGuinness himself has been seen testing the development build of the title and has reportedly been impressed by the level of accuracy employed by the developers in recreating the legendary Isle of Man TT course. With TT road racing and the Isle of Man event itself remaining massively popular amongst motorsport and bike racing fans alike, it has been far too long since a quality virtual version of the series has made it on to popular gaming devices.

Isle of Man TT | Learn the Course | Part 1 | Startline to Handley's
Isle of Man TT | Learn the Course | Part 2 | Handley's to Ramsey
Isle of Man TT | Learn the Course | Part 3 | Ramsey to the Finish Line

Bigben and Kylotonn have promised to reveal more details of the title soon, with an expected release date across all platforms scheduled for some time during 2017.

TT Isle of Man will be available in 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

TT Isle of Man - The Game 2.jpg

Discuss the game further with your fellow racing fans by visiting the TT Isle Of Man - The Game Forum here at RaceDepartment and getting involved in the action!

Looking forward to an official Isle of Man TT game? Do you think Kylotonn and Bigben can make a success of this licence agreement? Let us know in the comments section below!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back